1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Harry Potter and the Boy Who Lived by The Santi - M

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by ulkser, Sep 11, 2009.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

It's not hard to come up with something that would work.

Harry went to Durmstrang and has subsequently attracted the attention of Romulus Rosier, who has the ear of the Highmaster. The Highmaster presumably has a say of some kind in what the tasks will be given that he is in charge of one of the schools and is a judge.

We've already seen Rosier bullying Karkaroff a bit where the Tournament is concerned -- he apparently wanted the Age Line included, then he insisted that his daughter go with Potter, etc. And he got what he wanted.

That's just one possible explanation. Does it mean that I think this will happen? Not necessarily. My objective was to give a scenario in which I think it could happen -- there are more possibilities.

I don't care if the tasks stay the same or change. I think the point is going to be more for Harry to showcase his talents, and he can do with current tasks, extra tasks, or completely new tasks. The trick will be making it clear just how much better he is than the other students if they all more or less pass like they did in canon.

2. iamnotlordvoldemort

iamnotlordvoldemort Squib

Everybody seems to be assuming that Harry is going to get past the age line in the end. While likely that that will be the case, their are some great possibilities for curve balls. Even if he does enter, he might not get chosen. Imagine if Nathan was a champion and Harry wasn't.

3. White Rabbit

White Rabbit Hippity Hoppity DLP Supporter

Pretty sure it was kind of established way back when that that would be a bullshit move on Santi's part if Harry wasn't going to be in the TwT.

Kind of like a hooker that brings you to the verge of release time and time again, then at the last moment punches you in the balls and tells you the hours up.

Not that I've ever had that happen to me... >_>

Last edited: Dec 17, 2011
  4. sage1000

sage1000 Fourth Year

I am new here and I've been reading this story on ffn however the discussion here seems to be talking about chapters as far out as 16 so where can I read the remaining chapters since it appears the author is no longer uploading on ffn

5. Xantam

Xantam Denarii Host

Work by Author
    One of the perks of being a DLP member.

6. elflorddobby

elflorddobby Second Year

The other perks is having to read the useless messages of there being an update for this story, and getting a major let down when you come onto the forum, to find out The Santi hasn't posted at all:fire

7. Zennith

Zennith Pebble Wrestler ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Dude. if people keep whining about this shit I'm gonna flip the fuck out. Don't expect an update. If there is one, by all means be happy about it, but otherwise just shut the hell up.

8. The Berkeley Hunt

The Berkeley Hunt Headmaster

I personally love the false messages. Its like when a retarded puppy walks into your door repeatedly. You still kick it, but you do so with an indulgent smile on your face.

9. deathinapinkboa

deathinapinkboa Minister of Magic

Perhaps one of our delightful mods could put a link to the WBA thread in the original post for this thread.

After all, that is where the meat of the story is now.

It would also be nice if newer users who discovered this thread didn't have to post asking after it every few days.

10. Nauro

Nauro Headmaster

qft

by the way, why does everyone expect an update with each new post here?
    I mean yes, you can subscribe to the thread, but can't you just subscribe to the WbA one?

And if you are not subscribing to any of the two threads, and see some new posts you could check WbA first and notice the obvious lack of Santi's thread being bumped up with the updated chapters?

Without the lack of the link in the first post, the only problem I see is the inability to search; click on the "author:the santi" tag or notice santi's post on the first page, where his signature has the helpful link itself.

Still, like its said in our home planets, if people thought before posting, 90 percent of the posts wouldn't be there, including this one.

Nauro

p.s. Is it wrong that I somewhat hope that someone just got an email with my post included in it, but still rushed to see if there is an update, just top realize I'm only telling to subscribe to the different thread?

EDIT:
    It also sends a sample of the first post with it.
    It might take a genius to realize, but usually, after a long work, one can tell if the post is one of santi's or if it's some nonsense...

Last edited: Dec 19, 2011
  11. Rin

Rin Oberstgruppenführer DLP Supporter

I think they're talking about the few occasions that some newb idiot posted in the story thread on WbA, which should only be posted in by the Santi. That does send everyone running to check WbA for the update, only to inevitably be disappointed by a non-update.

12. funkytoad

funkytoad Fifth Year

I haven't gone through the entire topic so I don't know if it's been answered, but why does The Santi's topic on WbA get special treatment in that only he can post in the topic? I noticed that rule doesn't apply to every other topic in any of the WbA sections.

13. Xantam

Xantam Denarii Host

1. It's much more organized this way.
    2. So we don't have asshats complaining every time so random members posts asking when the next update is.
    3. Why do you care?

14. KrzaQ

KrzaQ Denarii Host DLP Supporter

That rule is applied when review:story ratio is close to 1:0. There are some others stories with separate review threads, Shezza's are a fine example.

15. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

Because he asked for it. That is really the only reason.

Also, I put in the WbA link into the first post.

16. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Bad choise. Now we'll have random ffn dwelers who came here looking for the story post in the WBA thread.

Mark my words.

17. Vincent

Vincent Death Eater

Don't they do that already?

18. Zennith

Zennith Pebble Wrestler ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    How do you spell choice, exactly?

Also, as was said, I fail to see how that's at all any different.

19. Elelith

Elelith Squib

Is it sad the thing I'm anticipating most this Christmas is a Santi post?

And so that I'm not of topic (but at the risk of repeating something already posted) I predict Harry and Nathan are both chosen as champions, and that at the last task, supposing Santi keeps the original ones, they both get whisked to the graveyard but Voldemort doesn't kill Harry since he's still hoping to make him a mini DE...

20. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

Personally, I doubt it's going to be that simple.

Not open for further replies.