1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Harry Potter and the Boy Who Lived by The Santi - M

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by ulkser, Sep 11, 2009.

Not open for further replies.
  1. wolf550e

wolf550e High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

There is a good chance your wish will be granted.

2. Greener

Greener Sixth Year

I'm thinking that it's likely that they'll both be in the tournament, but I'm expecting a parallel to canon where Voldemort's agent at Hogwarts (and remember that the map is charmed to warn Dumbledore if Wormtail is on the grounds - not Crouch Jr) cast Imperius on Krum; now on Harry... but Harry is able to throw it off & duel with the D.E. Revealing some of his darker curses & allowing Nathan enough time to grab the cup & proceed with an un-interupted ressurection.

While Voldemort mused on Harry making a fine D.E. in the first year, his priority now would be bringing himself back to power. Plenty of time to worry about a recruit (who is still a student) in the future.

3. Expelliarmus

Expelliarmus Third Year

Harry and Nathan will be good brothers, but Harry never lost an opportunity to express to everyone that he is the greatest magician among them. Therefore, I doubt very much that Harry accepted that Nathan and he caught at the same time the Triwizard Tournament Cup.

4. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    I don't think any wizard in HP has ever referred to themselves as a magician. Although yeah an update from Santi would be a great Christmas Gift, although iirc Taure should be updating Lords of Magic soon :awesome

5. The Santi

The Santi Professor

Updated in WbA.

Enjoy.

6. Rumbleroar

Rumbleroar Seventh Year

What a nice Christmas gift!

7. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Hahahahahaha, I sense a lot of incoming rage.

That is all.

(Update was good, but for still slightly disappointing for obvious reasons)

8. Coelacanth

Coelacanth Denarii Host

Lol, nice one. I enjoyed the way you pulled that one.

9. Zennith

Zennith Pebble Wrestler ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Yeah, I know why you did it. And from a storytelling aspect, maybe it will be good.

But it sucks, dude. It just sucks.

It isn't rational, and I know that from a dramaturgical point of view, this will probably be better. But when I think about The Goblet of Fire, I want Harry to compete. That's all. Because nobody else is nearly as interesting.

10. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I seriously doubt that this year will revolve completely around the tournament like most 4th year fics do. Even if it does, I have no doubt that The Santi will come up with something in order to make this year just as interesting to read about as the rest.

Though I also want to commend Santi for just how he made Harry fail. That was brilliant imo, he didn't fail to get past the age line, he failed to do it in time. I'm surprised how... complacently he took it when he woke up in the Hospital Wing.

Ah well, here's to hoping for new updates soon.

11. oakes

oakes Unspeakable DLP Supporter

Okay I may or may not have squeed in glee, when I saw the update. Damn I need sleep.

12. T3t

T3t Purple Beast of DLP ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm not surprised, mostly because I didn't tie myself to any particular expectation for what would happen. As it is, I'm not that disappointed.

13. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Quick! Lets all do the plot twist dance!

No really, I felt a little cheated that you had Harry figure out a way past the Age Line, only to not be included in the Tournament. And the fact that it was only for a few seconds kinda breaks ... what's it called? suspension of disbelief? I think that's what it's called.

In any case, it was interesting, and I wasn't even dissapointed, to be honest. Your story is not one I'm reading because of awesome battle scenes or epic showdowns or something, I'm reading it because of the characters' interactions, so it's all cool with me. I just don't really like how you went about it.

And then there's Skeeter. Oh noes! Do the plot twist dance again! Omg teh drama is upon us!

It was short but sweet. This little snippet held more actual plot progression than the three last updates put together, so that's always a good thing. Keep up the awesome work.

On another note:
    Did you mean "on as a" or maybe just "on at"?

14. xeno121

xeno121 Squib

What is this I don't even

ಠ_ಠ

15. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

You're a cruel man, Santi. Yet I can't bring myself to dislike what you've done.:sherlock:

I'm expecting this to be a very unique 4th year.

16. Nauro

Nauro Headmaster

I am extremely disappointed in a very positive way -
    there are many kinds of disappointed and this time I'm happy with the writing and plot, but I still cannot believe that Harry failed.

It was just so damn close.

So close...

And now, all theories have to be re-theorized. ;D

The dynamic promises to be even more interesting than it could have been - as there is a question whom to help, a confrontation over the dark arts between the brothers and the need to get Nathan to be on a competitive level.

All in all a good update, and a good twist - everyone having thought about any possible outcomes, it wasn't THAT unexpected, but it was a surprising choice between all of them.

It's probably a smart move.

Still, god damn, I expected him to be in the tournament.

And on the other hand, having two brothers on the tournament at the same time would have been really clustered ;D

A good Christmas gift.

Cheers,

Nauro

17. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    I really wanted him in the tournament ><

18. Greener

Greener Sixth Year

I'm also surprised how well Harry took it, considering his attitude in the other parts... but that might just be his practical side. No sense raging over something he can't change.

Nice to see Rita up & about early on. I guess that Dumbledore's explanation to the school peaked her interest (or instincts, at least)

I also wonder exactly how Durmstrang schooling is going to go. Would a 6th year charms student be able to audit a 7th year class? Calypso made a comment about the low quality of the candidates at the original tournament meeting at Durmstrang - I imagine that many of the top students weren't too enthused about spending a year away from the learning resources that their tuition is paying for & so opted out. If it's mostly left to self-study.... I hope that the Durmstrang students will at least get decent access to the restricted section, but have to wonder about restrictions that might exist due to them 'stealing Hogwarts secrets' Would an asset like their library count? There could be unique texts that help define the strength & depth of Hogwarts learning resources.

That's not even counting something like spell creation... a tough subject, yet the students aren't getting any more support than the textbook? Dark Arts goes without saying... plus Astronomy would be skewed as it starts in a different year... and classes would very possibly cover different subjects in different years anyways.

Looking forward to finding out how you're dealing with that stuff, I've been wondering for a while.

19. chrnno

chrnno High Inquisitor

Damn, I was pretty sure he wouldn't manage to enter in the tournament no matter how much I would like it but then the chapter goes and looks like he would do it and I finally get a small hope only for you to murder it brutally. Frankly I thought it very annoying it failed at the very last second, if isn't going to work then it isn't, the way you put it seems like you either wasn't sure yourself or wanted to annoy people, so considering you discarded the first possibility...

Anyway Skeeter finally enters the game, she is the kind of character that is inevitably annoying, hopefully you will manage to do it in a way which the annoyance is more towards the characters than the reader.

20. Crash

Crash Fourth Year

While I love the fic as a whole, the only thing I could ask for would be for some more intrigue, and elements of mystery. That said, I think that intrigue is going to be something that'll be more apparent as we enter book 4.

Not open for further replies.