1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

DF Fanfic Ideas

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by ParseltonguePhoenix, Apr 27, 2009.

1. Mordecai

Mordecai Drunken Scotsman –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Equinox, you may have missed the fact that we're not discussing the real Greek gods, we are discussing them as portrayed in the Percy Jackson universe.

2. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Even if he did its not like he's drastically wrong, the only part I'd disagree with him personally on is Hestia and Demeter.

3. Mordecai

High Score:
    Well, its established that Hestia is no longer a major power. She stepped aside to make space on Olympus, and whilst still a God she is not in the same league as the big players any more.

Certainly some Gods are more powerful than others. Zeus, Poseidon and Hades are each others equals, and are all more powerful than any other God or Goddess. The rest of the 12 are all hugely powerful. They can conjure state wide weather systems at a whim, they have total and complete dominion over their area of power.

And even the 'lesser' Gods are themselves hugely powerful. They are, I gathered from the books, only less powerful in that what they are God of is less common, or smaller in scale. Within that area they are still the equal of any of the 12.

4. Equinox

Equinox Seventh Year

Yes, I'm quite aware of that. How does that in any way detract from what I said? Barely anything of the 'powers' of the Greek gods is shown, or stated in the PJ books. Generally the most explicit mentioned is that their true form would incinerate a mortal if looked upon, which is hardly a way to measure their power. In any event, the series isn't exactly forthcoming with a lot of details about the gods and goddess', so one has to meld what one knows about Greek mythology with what you get from the books.

She stepped off the Olympian Council, how does that equate her to suddenly being weak? She is still one of the children of Kronos; still one of the elder gods. Just because she is willing to surrender her position of power (not her power) for the sake of familial peace doesn't make her weak. In fact, to me that would make her the most dangerous of the Greek gods. As for Demeter, she is also one of the children of Kronos, that no doubt carries a great deal of significance. Besides, my comment was directed more towards the fact that if you wanted you could realistically make the two near peers, or peers of Zeus etc, not that they were. The rest of if it was just the implication they are more powerful than the second generation Greek gods and goddess'.

I never said that the others were weak (the opposite, actually) but that they weren't on the level of Mab, and what they were god of would also limit their power. I just didn't mention, as you have, how within those limitations they would also be strong. I also disagree about the minor gods and goddess'. However I won't argue the point, I feel that you'd just bring up my using Greek mythology to aid in arguing mine as entirely wrong.

5. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Idea I thought up while playing Skyrim. Obviously a crossover.

In White Night it's revealed that Harry has power over Outsiders. I say, what if it was power over Dragons instead? As Vittorio betrays the White Court he uses a Thu'um to send everyone into a panic (I picked this because as a Malvora he feeds on fear). Lash takes the psychic bullet from the Thu'um, which stops Harry from panicking. Events happen as they did in the books, up until Harry and Lara try to escape. Right when he's about to raise his shield, Vittorio uses another Thu'um to knock him senseless (FUS RO DAH!) and Harry realises he doesn't have enough time to try his original plan. So he opens a Way beneath Lara and himself and hopes for a stroke of luck. Yeah, it doesn't happen.

The repeated use of Thu'ums has marked the area enough to have him transported to a Dragon's lair. Specifically, the lair of Paarthurnax, or at least his aspect in the Dresdenverse. He is much the same as he is in Skyrim, though the two are not in contact in anything but the most insignificant of ways. Cue discussion about how Harry is Dovahkiin, and Paarthurnax informing them that the Black Council worships Alduin; the most powerful Dragon and the one that will End all Worlds to begin the next one. He uses a Thu'um to send both Harry and Lara to Skyrim, knowing that without the power of the Thu'um, Harry would never stand a chance of facing down Alduin as is prophesied.

Beyond that I haven't worked much out, but the adventures of Harry and Lara in Skyrim would be pretty amusing to see.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2011
  6. Chengar Qordath

Chengar Qordath The Final Pony ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I like the idea, Aekiel; it could make for a fun story.

My only objection is that, if you're splitting the timeline at the Raith Deeps, there's really no excuse for not keeping Lash alive. That's probably my personal bias showing, though.

7. Aekiel

High Score:
    I liked the idea of Harry having a physical companion around to help him out, rather than a one that nobody else can see, and having two people with him would spoil it a bit. You can't have much sexual tension when the woman's in your head, and the idea of Lara the Priestess of Dibella is hilarious to me.

8. T3t

T3t Purple Beast of DLP ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I take it you've never met a Denarian.

9. Chengar Qordath

High Score:
    Yeah, I could definitely see Lara taking an interest in Dibella, considering the fact that she practically already follows many of the tenets of the faith.

I'm also rather curious to see what Harry and Lara would think of the various Daedric Princes, especially since the Daedra are generally more actively involved with mortals than the Nine Divines (screw the Thalmor, Talos is still a god); just writing a conversation between Sheogorath and Harry in full smartass mode would be tons of fun.

10. Aekiel

High Score:
    Agreed, Harry and Sheogorath would be awesome, but I can't really see Harry getting on with any of the Daedric Lords. Azura excluded perhaps, but then I can't see Harry being too keen on soul trapping in general so why would he help her out?

11. Chengar Qordath

High Score:
    Well, Azura's not big on Soul trapping, that's just what her artifact does. I could definitely see him doing her Skyrim quest, since letting the Star get turned into a Necromantic tool that eats people's souls would be a bad thing. I could also see Harry getting along decently with Meridia, since her main goal is getting rid of necromancy/the undead.

Lara would probably get along great with Sanguine, since lust is in his domain.

Kind of curious to see how his magic would interact with TES magic. I can't see him being comfortable with soul-trapping, and having to follow the First Law would really complicate his life.

Dead Beat disagrees. Granted, Harry didn't know that Shiela was Lash, but still...

12. Aekiel

High Score:
    Heh, true, but it's not really that fulfilling when you realise any sex he had with her would, in fact, be just a really complicated form of masturbation. Then again, better than being eaten or turned into a slave.

13. frodrick

frodrick Slug Club Member

Really complicated form of masturbation meaning, in this case, something that feels exactly the same as (or better than) sex, producing the exact same physical sensations, with any woman Harry wants, in any way or scenario imaginable. Without ever needing to stretch or worry about physical limitations. Without needing to actually go out and find a woman to seduce.

14. Sauce Bauss

Sauce Bauss Second Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    No pregnancy, no diseases, no real time limits. Why is having a Denarius bad again?

15. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Y'know that really kinky, chains and whips kind of stuff you had going on in the back of your mind, where she does nothing but moan in pleasure and/or pain beneath your ministrations?

Gradually you agree to take her place every now and again, just to get a little taste of it yourself, and the sizzle of her nails over your skin and the rough nip of her teeth has you consenting to take the mattress every other night.

Pretty soon you're the one bent over the bed all of the time, getting railed with a ten inch dildo at warpspeed, and you can't get enough of it, even with all that lovely blood dripping down as a lubricate, 'cause hey, what's a little pain for all the pleasure?

The more you know...

16. Chengar Qordath

High Score:
    I don't think it would be masturbation, because by most reckonings masturbation is a solo activity. With Harry and Lash, there are two sentient entities involved in the process.

17. Mordecai

High Score:

You could try this post or this post. In both I lay out canon evidence from PJO for the powers of the Gods.

More evidence is available in the Heroes of Olympus series.

I wouldn't exactly refer to that as 'barely anything'.

And I wouldn't hold the use of Greek mythology against you, unless it contradicted evidence from canon. Canon is always superior to the source canon draws from.

18. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Oh, how I love the discussions of DLP...

19. Thaumologist

Thaumologist Fifth Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    One thing I wondered about Lash, was if she could force a 'negative hallucination', as opposed to her 'positive hallcinations'. That is, could she block something from Harry's senses, instead of just making something appear?

20. NobelFiction

NobelFiction Seventh Year

She almost made him jump through a 4th story window, so I guess it wouldn't be beyond her abilities to make him fall into an open sewer drain that she conveniently hid from view. Hell, it might be even easier for her since Dresden is kind of used to her 'showing' him something rather than hiding things.