1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Investigations into Chicago (Dresden Mafia) Day 1

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Riley, Dec 27, 2011.

1. Evan Tide

Evan Tide Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

So from what I understand of the flavor so far revealed by Riley and Ashaya:

1) Erlking targeted Nico and picked off one life.

2) Red King most likely got a kill, if draconian can be trusted.

3) No one got Auctioned. As Kalas said, either due to a dead Krogan/Zennith or role-blocked. Since Justine apparently got Aekiel, that means Thorn or Mavra could potentially know who that scum is.

4) Dracula now potentially has 3 drones he can send out to bandwagon.

5) Ashaya got role-blocked and then cycled by Merlin, based on what I feel the flavor describes and what other townies also believe.

Some other stuff I've noticed:
    1) guljons has only posted four times, with three being a call for lynches. Why is he lurking so hard and not contributing to scum-catching? Possible power role.

2) Ollie is in almost the same boat as guljons. Nearly hard-lurking. He only joined in for lynch attempts once the votes were already piled up.

Confirmed* living scum:

Nicodemus
    Red King
    Lara Raith
    Erlking

*Based on what people have come forth with and Flavor

@draconian: In Dresdenverse, Nicodemus can survive crazy shit because of a fancy necktie made from the noose that hung Judas Iscariot.

2. Fishy Justice

Fishy Justice Fourth Year

In Ollie's defense isn't he homeless or something?

Guljons though, that's a different story. I was also going to point to Klackerz. Most of his posts are simple votes, with the occasional input towards a discussion.

/off to look more

3. Evan Tide

Also, some guarantees us townies get tonight:

1) Erlking can taint right now.

2) Red King can't kill tonight.

3) John Marcone still alive since I haven't seen flavor for a vengeance kill.

4) Blackstaff CAN kill tonight.

5) Kincaid now knows who Ivy is.

Possiblilities for tonight/tomorrow:

1) Erlking Taint = 2

2) Dracula Army = possible 4

3) Extra Denarians = possible 2

4) Baron ability up again if he used it night 2.

5) Thorn ability up again if used night 2.

Yeah, homeless thing excuses Ollie a bit.

---------- Post automerged at 08:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 PM ----------

I think this is all correct, though I could be missing a bit or reading wrong.

4. draconian139

draconian139 DA Member

Honestly its kind of a null tell for both, klackerz and guljons both lurked fairly hard in warlock and were town that game.

---------- Post automerged at 01:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 AM ----------

Also, sneak should know that already since he was scum with me that game so FoS on him.

5. Klackerz

Klackerz Bridgeburner

Hmm, I was visited last night. The flavour post is

You were visited in the night. The scent of Death and decay lingers in your nostrils.

6. Evan Tide

o.0

Riley, clarification needed. Does the target know if Dracula corrupts them?

Either way, this pretty much says you were hit by a black court.

7. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Sneak: hardly I've just been scared to talk much.

I think we've got a few too many power-scum in play, so we should start compiling a list of top people to lynch.

Do you people think it's best to lynch a Denarian or Dracula next? or the Red King? I'm not sure who fits these roles but with different scum holding different powers all over the board we need to just lynch scum so we get their numbers down, it's probably more important than getting specific roles at this point.

I think if we are going to do a Merlin reveal it could be useful but it needs to wait another day or two.

8. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

I think Ollie might be busy.

Sorry, just woke up, but I can't figure how Lara seducing you (and therefore not killing the Red King) precludes Zennith from being the Red King?

9. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

Only the corrupter knows if they were successful or not as per usual mafia rules.

10. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Also, yeah, the more scum we kill the better, but if we can try to focus on killing the more important players like the heads of the courts, then great. Especially now that Nico has a life less than before. Dracula, Nicodemus, Lara and the Erlking gain more power as time goes on, so they should be top priority if possible. If they are down, their faction takes a big blow. The Red King is also important as Dresden can't identify him as guilty. So I'd support going for those.

Of course, this is if we can single out those roles. Scummy players rarely drop enough hints to identify their roles, so we should be focusing on taking out those we think aren't town.

---------- Post automerged at 11:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 AM ----------

So this is what, Mavra?

11. Azira

Azira High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

I think we can narrow down Zennith as having been Tessariel and Krogan as the Red Duchess. Zennith outright admitted to being scum and Tess is the one that fits the mold, while no red duchess seduce is really weird and points to Krogan having been that role. If we did get those two roles it's actually huge, I'll elaborate on why when im not an annoying phone.

12. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

Well, I'm going to bed, and I should be up in time to participate in discussion, and place a vote.

At the moment, draconian is at the top of my scumlist. Anyway, off to sleep.

13. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

I somewhat agree with Ash, draconion is making wild conclusions, maybe he is stupid, or acting stupid, or is scum and it trying way too hard.

But then again, this doesn't warrant a lynch. So, I am not sure. Thoughts?

14. Snowflake

Snowflake Guest

Azira: If that's true, that's great! :D Two scum roles gone.

I feel like we're getting closer to finding the powerful scum. It doesn't feel as random anymore. Since Nicodemus lost his protection, things should be a lot easier.

We really need to get the Red King and Dracula, though. (and the Erlking)
    So many different roles. ><

---------- Post automerged at 07:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 PM ----------

Also, is it just me or is it possible that the scum are using their powers at least somewhat based on the post counts? 0.o

15. Eternity Lost

Eternity Lost Squib

So, who to lynch?

Now we have the Blackstaff back in action, being protected by the Merlin,
    which should give us more hitting power.

I think the person we should lynch first is the Red King, closely followed by Mavra and Dracula.

But it's hard to tell scum roles, so I think we should lynch the person who looks the scummiest.

For me, the people who feel the strangest are Kalas and Draconian. My reasons for draconian have already been talked about. There seems to be a subtext to Kalas's posts and he feels slightly off.

Also I don't thonk we should ignore the lurkers.

Kensington, Guljons, Custer/jwlk and Gambit all have low post counts, and that may be so we don't have any activity to go on for them.

On post counts, Krogan was high post count but mishie was low. Jeram was low but I think we all agree that was a BS kill.

16. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'd agree that Jeram was a shot in the dark day/night 1.

Also, food for thought: Red Duchess may not be eliminated, even if no eBaying took place last night. It'd be easy for us to assume she's out of the game, but I don't see anything saying that she must choose a person a night to do that to.

It's entirely possible that she's pulling back for the moment to take the heat off of herself and letting us think we've knocked out another heavy scum role, thus lowering our guard and letting the Blackstaff position's safety seem a little more assured than it was before.

Remember that the three Courts have to kill off their opposite numbers in order to win at games end, and what better way to do that than to hide and let us track down Dracula and Mavra first? Just something to consider, until we can confirm just what role Krogan/Zennith had.

17. Azira

Ugh, my post is actually completely incorrect. I just reread the whole thread and Ashayas flavor from tonight and Zenniths flavor from the night before are identical. I agree that they are most likely to come from a Merlin switch. What this means is that while Zennith was targetted by Blackstaff, someone else actually survived the kill. Because Zennith also claimed in same post that he was checked by knights, we can assume he wasn't a denarian. He also vehemently denied being red court, despite practically admitting to being scum. This means he was most likely either Justine or Thomas Raith, because his scum role was probably relatively insignificant. Merlin knows the identity of a 5/7 (number might be wrong) likely scum, the person he switched with Zennith on night. This also leads me to conclude that a) Krogan was red duchess, because of no eBay. Or b) Kalas is red duchess because of his earlier slip and overall scumminess, and didn't use his power to try and frame Krogan as the duchess OR c) Mavra blocked duchess, which is why noone is claiming to being blocked by Mavra. Also there is a d) where Krogan was Mavra and Kalas is duchess and its almost identical to option b.

In light of that,

Deadline Lynch Vote: Kalas

Sorry for the terrible formatting I hope you understand everything I wrote, I'm on my phone but still felt it was an important enough post to make because we are working under some false pretenses of Zenniths actual role.

18. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

I arrived at the same conclusion (different reasons). So I think it is probably true.

And because what you said makes sense,

Deadline Lynch Vote: Kalas

19. Eternity Lost

Eternity Lost Squib

Although I'm not sure about your logic, I agree with you about Kalas looking scummy.

So Deadline: Kalas

Remember we had no shout of triumph from the Ectomancer, so he is probably dead aswell.

20. Azira

Or he was also blocked by Mavra