1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Investigations into Chicago (Dresden Mafia) Day 1

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Riley, Dec 27, 2011.

1. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

Smile, you ought to join the Mafia Game Discussion group, and post your rules there.

2. Lindsey

Lindsey Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

I like Namshiel role actually. If you are cunning enough, you could provide them with wrong information or get them to reveal something on accident. Or he can make alliances with other scum. It's a great role for someone who is active and thoughtful. If you want to make him powerful-er... make him be able to roleblock once every other night.

I'm just comparing the Knights to the Denarians in terms of power. Does everyone think they are equal? I think so.

I like that Nico has two preventative knight kills this time, I was wondering why another Denarian could survive longer than he.

3. SmileOfTheKill

SmileOfTheKill Magical Amber

The Raid by the Denarians will be unblockable and unavoidable attack at the start of the day. However, considering this time that the coins are considered taint, people from the town can request to be purified by the Knights. Other scum can just not request any purification.

For Dracula, I changed it so that he can command his targets at any time and not publicly state who he is. Considering that his thralls must vote what he is voting for however, it will still be quite a tell. Overall, this will allow for Dracula to be used earlier, but a tad weaker than he would be late game.

For the Fae, I changed it so the Hunts attack will be the first kill of the night but it still requires one day to pass. Considering that the Fae is the only one person faction in the entire game, I allowed taints to happen the same night the Hunt kills someone as a buff.

For the whore, I added that she would get the power of the Vampires if she is the last one alive. I just did it to be nice to that role, because I don't honestly think it will happen.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
  4. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    So is there any gameplay differences in terms of NK-immunity between Lara and the Red King? Asking due to the Lynch stipulation mentioned in Red King text that is absent from Lara's.

---------- Post automerged at 11:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 PM ----------

Does a Red Court death reset the NK delay?

---------- Post automerged at 11:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 PM ----------

Like the White Court change, though you might want to rename Justine for flavor reasons.

5. SmileOfTheKill

No. I just didn't copy/paste the text after rewording a few things.

No. Any delay in the killing power of the Red Court will apply to the next one. This also is the same for the White Court.

I do admit I don't really know anything about The Dresden Files. Any flavor text with the names or whatnot, I do ask for help with it. In fact, if I end up hosting this game for real, I am going to request someone with good knowledge about this series to help with any flavor text that does happen. So yes, I gladly accept any help.

6. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Ill do it if you'd like.

7. Evan Tide

Evan Tide Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

I wish I had that Red Court QT this game so bad. Eternity and I would have wrecked people, with me passing him the power roles to destroy while I silenced other targets.

Also, why are Red Courts Knight checking? Shouldn't they still be wizard hunting?

8. Krogan

High Score:
    I wish I'd had Smiles rule set and the Black Court QT this game, I could have coordinated with who to get drac to block and I wouldn't have ended up getting sold out by the game mod since there wouldn't be any noticeable "Hey guess whos back!" moments that I had to explain away unless I was dumb enough to get myself lynched.

9. Koalas

High Score:
    Justine is a human in the books, simply changing her name to Madeline would fix basically all the flavor issues.

More White Court questions! Can a Seduction bypass NK immunity for the Red King? Is Mavra's Resurrection ability blockable?

---------- Post automerged at 12:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 AM ----------

Evan Tide also raises a good point, Knights should be Wizards.

10. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Mavra's Resurrection power should be automatic (effectively granting Dracula the same immunities as a Warlock+Thrall duo).

11. Krogan

High Score:
    This and no it should never be blockable, her role block and Dracula's legion can be blocked but not the resurrection.

12. SmileOfTheKill

All of my edits are for balance. I may totaly screw up the flavor like I just did. I changed it back to Wizard roles now.

Seduction will go thought but the Red King will not be disabled nor will he die from it.

Why is that so? I was going to say she can be blocked but is there any flavor reason for it to not be the case?

-----EDITTTT----

Would it be against Flavor if the combined Purification ability of the Knights kill the Denarians instead of turning them into humans? Currently if any Denarians get turned, that entire faction basically will automatically lose because they know who the other two Denarians are. Best way to change it is to just kill them if Purified.

13. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Hmm, if we don't abandon the idea that scum can't communicate entirely, could a faction that knows the identity of other members, but are unable to talk to them be an interesting play?

14. Krogan

High Score:
    She's an ancient extremely powerful sorceress vampire and devious to boot, in terms of flavor it makes no sense whatsoever that a spell like that could just be general blocked by anyone. The only way I could see that as being fair and making sense in the lore is if you separate role blocking into different levels or something like that and make it so only a very powerful role could block that.

Ehhh its kind of a toss up but remember that the Knights alpha goal is to purify the Denarian hosts and leave them alive if at all possible, Micheal flat out said as I recall at one point that if he thought he was serious at all then Nicodemus himself could stroll up and turn in his coin and the Knights would try to help him.

15. Klackerz

Klackerz Bridgeburner

Imo changing sides while in a game sucks.

16. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

It's canon that Ebenezar effectively roleblocked her (even if it was a trap), so it is possible. I guess you're right about the various levels of roleblocks. You could simply adjust night priority to accomplish something to this effect (I have yet to take a look at your changes, Smile, I don't know if that's doable).

17. SmileOfTheKill

Anything can be interesting in context. Here though, I would say no. This game is already quite complex as it is, and with so many power roles in existence, the scum need every advantage they can get.

Damn. The only person that has a role block ability right now is Madeline, and I don't think she is that powerful. Considering that she can only role block once every two days though, I am saddened. The role block is supposed to be powerful, and I will say screw it to flavor and allow her to block. The odds of her blocking Mavra and having Dracula dead during the same night are so god damn low that she should be rewarded, so I am going to allow it. I would rather sacrifice a slight amount of story than screwing with balance.

For the Knights, that flavor I will have to allow. Instead of the Denarian turning into fully functional Humans, they are a bit messed up in the head. They spend the next month in recovery. Basically dead to the game, but it keeps flavor text. I just see no way for them to turn Humans and not completely destroy the Denarian side.

18. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

faction changes of any sort are bad.

and scum is woefully underpowered considering that at best it's 3 v 25.

More scum factions makes it easier for town, not harder

19. SmileOfTheKill

All purification from the Knights ends up putting the targets in the Hospital for a month basically removing them from game. This is because of balance and the fact that it sucks to change teams them damn Knights being so clusmy.

This is why there is so many power roles on the scum side.

20. Koalas

High Score:
    So just Denarians or tainted players as well? I don't think Mavra's resurrection ability should be blockable, that's similar to making a NK immunity blockable, its just a question I had form reading roles. Also kai what do you think would be the best balance for scum? Head scum powers trickle down now, so while hitting scum with a lynch is more likely eliminating Power roles is far harder. Maybe change Red King to once a night like Blackstaff was, and Duchess to once every two?