1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Investigations into Chicago (Dresden Mafia) Day 1

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Riley, Dec 27, 2011.

1. Eternity Lost

Eternity Lost Squib

I was so confused about that!

I had no idea what you were talking about, and didn't want to ask about it as:

Drawing attention to possible slip up - Not town - Lynch him!

2. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

3. Evan Tide

Evan Tide Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Hmm... Herp derping on my part.

Thought you deleted a post, when I just accidentally skimmed over it. Sorry dhulli.

The post that made me call you Dresden, dhulli:

http://forums.darklordpotter.net/showthread.php?p=524367#post524367

You said you didn't believe Stojil was scum because of his "us town" posts.

Then, on the next day, you called me out on them. Means you had a lock on me for guilt, which only 1 role can do.

---------- Post automerged at 01:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 PM ----------

I wouldn't have had to be so damn overt if we had scum QTs. Also, it was a calculated risk. If Dresden died, it would have made it much harder to confirm people, especially since dhulli was one of the more calculating players this game.

4. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

I honestly should have realized sooner that dhulli was Dresden. There was one other post of his in which he asked Ashaya (after she roleclaimed Marcone) to kill Evan Tide, even though since then, all his reasoning against him had been fairly weak.

At the time, I thought he had caught the huge scumtell and didn't want to draw attention to it (like me), but since he had no night kill (unlike me), he had resorted to not-so-subtle redirections of attention.

---------- Post automerged at 10:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 PM ----------

Which is hilarious since his checks turned out to be totally useless. :p

5. Speakers

Speakers Backtraced

Well mostly town was going in the right direction. Most of my checks were intended to make sure that we weren't being completely played by scum :p

6. Azira

Azira High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

I don't get why I was still suspected as not being Merlin. I thought I layed it on VERY thick throughout the game that I was him.

7. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

"Very thick" would have been saying something in the early stages of Zennith's lynch (before he practically declared his scumminess) to stop it or at least pointing out the possiblity of a Merlin's switch.

"Very thick" would have been drawing attention to Vesvius with the knowledge he was the target that had survived my night kill.

Honestly, I looked for both of these two things (the second obviously after Vesvius' roleclaim), and I didn't find any (could have missed them?).

8. Azira

Azira High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

I think I wrote Merlin in my posts more than any other word. I specifically mentioned it SOOOOOOOOOOOOO many times. Obviously, heavy handed, but I was nigh-unkillable at that point, and always able to prove my innocence if needed.

---------- Post automerged at 11:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 PM ----------

And I didn't do the first because I still thought Zennith was scum. I did intend on revealing Ves, but he just upped and roleclaimed and there was literally no need to confirm.

9. SmileOfTheKill

SmileOfTheKill Magical Amber

Problem is Aziraphale, we can't assume anything based off of writing style. How many people are non-native speakers, or just have terrible grammar such as myself? It might have been a case of a player feeling Merlin is the most important, or a player saying kill Merlin, or etc etc.

10. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Can Denarians taint Scum Smile? I they can, its basically an Insta win for them/big help for the faction they contact. If not.. I can see no possible way of Denarians winning.

As for Black Court.. if Dracula doesn't have to publicly reveal to activate his powers then I believe its playable. What I think would make the faction viable is a barring of Deadline Lynch votes. They're an obvious Town tool so basically no one uses a normal Lynch vote anymore thus meaning Dracula can't force a majority. He has to lie low until his is the majority, without Deadlines Dracula could actually have a game presence before the final two or three days of the game.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
  11. Lindsey

Lindsey Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

I believe Denarians can taint anyone, including the knights if their protection expires. I manged to taint both scum, Knights and even the BlackStaff, so it works.

I don't like this idea of giving a kill to Black Court or Denarians. It would completely screw over the Denarians. They need 5 guys corrupted for them to take out the knights. If there were 5 kills a night, the game would end in 5 nights, making it impossible for the Denarians to kill the knights with a raid.

I managed to give out 4 coins before I was purified, unluckily two of them died that night. It's hard enough to give out 5 coins without any bad things happening to one of them. Having more night kills would make this increasingly harder.

The Denarians can win without kills, so can the black court. If there are 5 people left and they all have coins, BAM! They win. If you want to increase the power roles... maybe the Denarians and Black court can kill every three nights. Nothing sooner than that.

12. Zennith

Zennith Pebble Wrestler ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I gotta say, I felt helpless in this game. Thomas basically was worthless without being able to communicate with other White Court.

I do want to play another one of these though.

13. SmileOfTheKill

Denarians can taint whoever they want. The only one with the immunity is the Knights themselves.

Good point. I added a rule that Dracula, if he uses his power, if there is a deadline lynch but it is the majority, it acts like all the votes are normal lynches.

Anyways, going to do the last sanity checks to the rules and make sure I have some Excel charts to use, then I can start the new thread. Yeahhhhboy.

14. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Can we call signups for the next game early? Because I seriously can not believe how fast Ashaya's DE game filled up from the time it was posted, and I definitely do not want to miss the next Dresden game the same way.

15. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
  16. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I would definitely love to play a new game of this under Smiles rule set. It sounds like almost all of the issues from this previous game have been addressed and as long as he can keep from selling people out left and right like Riley did then this should be a hell of a lot of fun.

Also Smile, that help with the flavor offer is still open if you want.

17. SmileOfTheKill

Just a bit.

I just send you a PM, good timing.

18. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Well, it looks like this is getting off the ground rather quickly :D

19. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

I will play every single mafia game until the end of time.

20. Zennith

Zennith Pebble Wrestler ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I really want to play this. I always miss signups.