1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Cool Pictures Thread

Discussion in 'Graphics Discussion' started by Skeletaure, Jan 7, 2011.

1. The Berkeley Hunt

The Berkeley Hunt Headmaster

Haha, shes going to die.

2. Iztiak

Iztiak Prisoner DLP Supporter

I'd rather die swinging a baseball bat at a meteorite than holding a sign staring vacantly into space.

...Or dying any other way, actually.

3. Lion

Lion Denarii Host DLP Supporter

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 15, 2012
  4. The Berkeley Hunt

The Berkeley Hunt Headmaster

Really? Excruciatingly painful roasting while the meteorite heats the atmosphere, or dying peacefully in your sleep after a long, happy day surrounded by friends and family after having achieved your life goals? Or even just a not painful death?

Im not saying the sign is preferable, but why the fuck subject yourself to a good old boiling and crushing over, I dont know, time with family or even just drinking. Suicidal idiocy is dumb regardless of whether it looks cool or not.

5. Nuit

Nuit Dark Lord

Not to dismiss wanting to die peacefully with family near, but would you even feel the heat before the meteor hits and and instantly kills you?

6. Fiat

Fiat The Chosen One DLP Supporter

In a word, yes. Depending on how fast the thing is going, you'd be dead long before it ever hit you.

7. Iztiak

In that situation, I'd definitely go for the meteorite.

In any other situation... I'd still go for the meteorite, though after achieving my life goals, and having a long life.

Also, I work in a hospital. People don't die like that. They die alone, because the douchebag family is tired of visiting to look at their near comatose body, and listen to the confused ramblings of a dying person, and then at the end you shit and piss all over yourself. Not that you'd care, because you've been doing that for months. And a couple apathetic CNAs clean you up and put you in a body bag and wheel your body away.

And I feel really fucking bad for them, and wish their family was there. Which makes it even worse.

And then they clean up the room for the next occupant. Even knowing my family would be there, there's no fucking way in hell I'd want them to see me looking like that. Like a big bloated sick sack of decaying meat with the aromatic scent of urine and feces.

So no, I'm going to stick with the meteorite. At least nobody would recognize me.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2012
  8. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Isn't the situation a meteorite striking the earth? So in that case, the dying peacefully in your sleep wouldn't be the morbid hospital scenario you described - you'd probably live for quite a while, if not for the meteorite. It'd be far more peaceful and tranquil... certainly more desirable.

9. Iztiak

I was referring to Berkley's rather deluded alternate situation. That's why I quoted it.

But hey, yeah, I'm sure some people somewhere have died like that. Not a bad way to go, I guess.

Myself, I'm still working on the logistics of having my body incinerated an instant after my death. Having said goodbye to family and loved ones the day before. Or at the previous point of consciousness anyway.

Hey, we're off topic, have a cool picture.
    http://gallery.artofgregmartin.com/_WPs/intoTheMist.jpg

Last edited: Jan 16, 2012
  10. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Screw that image and all the horrifying prospects it promises.

Enjoy a steampunk guitar instead.

[​IMG]

11. Dnar Semaj

Dnar Semaj Seventh Year

Is one of the pictures Ronald McDonald fighting the Elric brothers? I think I missed that episode.

The Toy Story ones are kickass.

On Topic: Optical Illusions FTW

[​IMG]

12. iLost

iLost Minister of Magic

And I'm pretty sure Ronald was jumping out of a star-gate as well.

13. Portus

Portus Heir

I only recognized about half of that, but let me point out that the entire *point* of being Superman is that you don't need anything like armor. Hell, Supes could show up in nothing but his S-curl and a rope to tie both hands around his back, and still kick the ever-loving shit out of most of the DC universe single-handedly.

So yeah, putting armor on Superman is like, I don't know, giving Aquaman some scuba gear, or Wolverine a pocket knife; it's retardedly asinine.

14. Lion

Lion Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Well it is supposed to be a representation of the middle ages. So it's more about the theme than the fact that he is essentially a walking god. And even a God wants to look cool.

15. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    On the other hand, dressing as a knight might be symbolic of his role as a protector.

For Batman... the hood-ears are weird, and hoods would hamper his peripheral vision and might come off or be used against him too easily in combat. I don't think the usual cowl's shape would be too out of place, as long as it isn't Kevlar reinforced and everything.

16. Tuiz

Tuiz Fifth Year

[​IMG]

17. Iztiak

In my opinion, he should wear an entire suit with a lead lining. The idiot.

Would solve so many problems... ;_;

18. Arbiter

Arbiter Groundskeeper

19. Dilla

Dilla Seventh Year

20. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Is this legit?

It's pretty cool either way, but if it's a legitimate article from 1901 then who, uh, re-discovered it for the age of the internet? I'd like to send it around to other folks if it's authentic, otherwise it's just a funny picture.