1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Struggle For Dark Hallow | Everybody (But Kalas) Wins!

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by SmileOfTheKill, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Klackerz

Klackerz Bridgeburner

For whatever my opinion is worth, i believe Schrodinger is telling the truth.

So the Red King targeted him but he was protected.

2. Snowflake

Snowflake Guest

So...nothing happened at night, Schro came out as Mortimer, Seratin was tainted, and coleam was purified.

I'm also guessing Red King is either dead or roleblocked?

3. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Or he attacked Schrodinger/the person the Merlin swapped with Schrodinger only to find Father Forthill had gotten there first.

---------- Post automerged at 08:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 AM ----------

Or that Schrodinger had nightkill immunity. Could be either.

4. Snowflake

Snowflake Guest

Oh, right. I forgot about the giant rock.

5. guljons

guljons Squib

I'm not sure about Schrodinger yet, but if he tells the truth that means Smile did not talk about Erlking having his taint target killed in night 1. That would mean that one of the night 1 taint claims were possibly fake.

6. Snowflake

Snowflake Guest

What do you mean? Nobody claimed an Erlking taint.

7. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

This is me subtly suggesting you take a look at a certain lurker named Lochness, who has posted a whopping 4 times in the thread. Get them to start talking.

As for me, I can't vote again.

When I find out who the Red Duchess is I'm going to crucify have words with them, and guess what?

You can't block me again tomorrow, mother fucker awesome guy.

I will find you.

I will kill smile at you.

8. guljons

guljons Squib

That's the thing. There was no Erlking taint if Evan was him, but Smile mentioned that you should have a back-up in case if your target is killed. He said this in Day 2. From that you could come to a conclusion that somebody tainted one of the killed players in night 1.

If this happened then a scum could try to hide behind a taint, because he knew nobody could counter-claim that taint.

9. NobelFiction

NobelFiction Seventh Year

The second target could also be for people with info checks since they come after the NK and taints.

10. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

This. It was assumed at the time, due to nobody coming forth with an Erlking taint and the sheer unlikelihood(?) of Evan Tide being the Erlking, that the statement was directed towards the Erlking. However, it could be to anybody with a targetting night action who wasn't accounted for.

11. guljons

guljons Squib

Well yeah, that actually is right, but it doesn't exclude the taint faking possibility.

But what about Namshiel contacting people? Either he has hit only scum, a townie for some reason doesn't want to tell about this or he is dead.

12. Aekiel

High Score:
    Well, we've got one cleansed Denarian so far. Maybe we got lucky and took out Thorned Namshiel.

---------- Post automerged at 12:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 AM ----------

Also, Zennith has been temp-banned by Vash.

13. NobelFiction

Or he might not be using his skill at all. I my understanding, that skill is supposed to imitate the Blackstaff communication and that has a rather limited use (Especially since the Knight know who was contacted).

14. Aekiel

High Score:
    Could be true, though I don't really see a reason why he'd not use it. There's too much to gain by him contacting someone than there is in not using it. I really don't want to list the possibilities there are for the Denarians to contact other scum factions, but you must all see how badly that could go for us.

15. Snowflake

Snowflake Guest

:/ If nobody came forward with it for two nights, I guess there's a good chance Namshiel might be dead.

Hopefully something productive happens tonight. Meanwhile, are there any suspects for today?

16. NobelFiction

Well, although Jon pushed to lynch Eternity yesterday he agreed with the statement that guljons might be scum.

---------- Post automerged at 15:45 ---------- Previous post was at 14:49 ----------

@Smiles: You didn't count Snowflakes vote for Eternity Lost during the last day. It isn't written in bold, but he states he can't use bold on his phone at that moment. So did you just miss it or did you abide the rule 'not in bold=doesn't count'?

17. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

I'm torn about Schrodinger. Both him lying and the Merlin's swap scenario make sense in my opinion. The question is... what player could have been targeted by both Red King, Nicodemus, Merlin and Forthill on the same night?

I feel like excluding that it was simply an incredible coincidence, but the only player I can see having the clout to warrant so much attention is Jon and he couldn't have been the swapped player, unless we think it realistic that the Red Duchess wanted to auction Schrodinger. I seriously doubt it.

Anyway, this and the fact I may have been the targeted player for all I know (after my last accusing post of day 2, especially – the explanation of sorts is in the rest of this tl;dr) brings me to:

Do you know what I think? I think that you know perfectly well who the Red Duchess is.

What is her power in this new version of Dresden mafia? To block one target from-lynch voting the next day. It could be fairly powerful in late game when there are few players alive and every single vote is crucial to reach a majority.

But at the beginning of the game? Pretty weak power, I think, and I doubt anyone could say otherwise. What's the best use the Duchess could make of it, then?

I figure it is to target the Red King/Baron so that some suspicions on him are inevitably lessened in the eyes of town.

Jon, I strongly believe you are a Red.

It was this second consecutive auction that convinced me. Why in the world would the Red Duchess target you again, Jon? We had two lynches in the first two days and guess who, for all intents and purposes, started both of them despite not voting for either (or for anyone for that matter)?

You.

Why would the Duchess persist in such an evidently pointless use of her power?

I started thinking you were scum almost immediately, and I thought that you not voting on the first day was because you were wary of Elaine's power. I wanted to keep an eye on your voting pattern to see if you and your scumbuddies were going to coordinate accordingly. Instead, now I think that your plan was to use the Duchess' power to your advantage. Being targeted by scum on consecutive nights makes you look like a poor bullied townie and it gives you an excuse for not-voting. It can also help in the future to stop eventual Elaine's checks from incriminating you.

I’m also waiting for Smile’s answer to a question in my QT before adding something to this topic.

Anyway, here are the other reasons why you look extremely scummy to me.

Day 1: you spent most of it posting drivel for your ceremonial title, which is ultimately useless. Then you tried to spike up the lynch discussion and lead what had been until then an apathetic base. The target you accused was lynched and you managed to more or less paint yourself as town, despite not voting because you overslept (convenient proof that doesn't really prove anything ensues the next day).

Day 2: just as subtly as day 1 - which means not at all subtly - you claimed the Red Duchess' auction, picked Eternity Lost as your target of the day and accused him in a poorly formatted and thought out post (#304, for those interested), while you could have brought more convincing evidence against him to the table. Zennith came in, gave it his own scummy interpretation and left. I called him on it and he didn’t answer. Now he's been Space-Ghosted (very recently, it's not an excuse) I don't know for how long, so no new info (read: slip) from him, for now (no offense if you’re reading this, Zennith, and sorry you can't defend yourself now).

Day 3: rinse and repeat with the Duchess' auction and now Lochness as your new target. The reason this time is lurkage, and Fenraellis, who has one less post, gets overlooked yet again.

Tentative Red Court faction: Jon, Zennith and Fenraellis.

Less tentative Red Court member: Jon.

It is possible that Eternity Lost/Lochness was/is a member of the White Council and that the Red Baron has checked him/her, but I strongly doubt it (especially in Eternity Lost's case). I think your play was to paint yourself as town, first and foremost. Killing townies or other scum, it doesn't make all that difference to you early in the game. Lol, look at this:

Your plan was to lead us to destruction after earning our trust.

*glares a hole into Jon as his cloak billows dramatically in the wind*

You didn’t earn mine.

Also, I've been wanting to say this for a while now:

The only good Mayor is a dead Mayor.

Deadline Lynch Vote: Jon

---------- Post automerged at 03:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 PM ----------

Adding to this, I may say that even if you’re not a Red and the Duchess simply wanted to mess with you (I can’t see why if not for reasons that go beyond the game), you still look like scum to me. While I was thinking about it on day 2, I had tentatively penned you as Denarian because of this post by Sacrifice, #219:

Directly from my QT because I’m lazy:

That’s before his cleansing as Denarian, obviously. I know this is circumstantial and I could have probably avoided mentioning it. It’s just something I wanted to put there in case people doubted the Duchess’ thing. What I want to clarify is that I believe Jon is scum either way, Red or Denarian or whatever. I hope this doesn’t become foolish or worse counterproductive in the eyes of town, though.

18. NobelFiction

There are 4 people who didn't vote to lynch anyone in the past 2 days.
    Fenraellis, Jon, klackerz and Lungs.

19. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm sorry. I'm so out of it - I just got back from a debate tourney, and I have no clue what's going on and I'm writing a fic and stuff...

So I'm like, 2/3s way through the thread.

>not normally a lurker

20. Azira

Azira High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Stojils logic is sound and honestly, I don't care for Jons grandiose and overbearing manner and would rather not deal with it for the rest of the game.

Deadline Lynch Vote: Jon