1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Game and Variant List

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Vesvius, Oct 19, 2011.

1. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

Please update DE3 to NO WINNER, concluded.

2. Fiat

Fiat The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Alright, since I don't think there's anywhere more appropriate to post it:

Posting your QT in the game thread while the game's going on is not acceptable behavior and I - and several others - agree that a modkill is insufficient punishment for it; when you do that, you know you'll be modkilled for it. It still can and will immediately break the game.

I'm proposing a permanent ban from all mafia games for doing it or fucking threatening to do it.

3. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

Posting from your qt is fine. If you're not saying where it comes from no one will know the difference, and if you do claim you wrote it in your qt, it's just another claim that can be true or a lie.

However, anything that confirms your alignment or role beyond doubt is a no-go. This should be obvious, the entire point in mafia games is that you can't prove your claims, unless an in-game mechanism allows you to do it (Cop, priest etc.).

So I don't know how people would even get the idea to link their qt's or quote PM's from the game host, but a penalty like a ban from future games sounds reasonable. You show your disregard for the game by this action anyway.

4. Fiat

Jon: Shouldn't be insulted. The part of my post in parentheses was meant to be taken at face value.

5. Jangel

Jangel Earl of Someshit

It's just not on, it really isn't. Linking a QT, threatening to link a QT, intentionally getting modkilled, it's all gamebreaking, and it needs to carry repercussions beyond an individual game.

6. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I propose a 3 month temp ban?

7. Ash

I propose rather than a month-based ban, it's a game-based ban, such as 3 games or whatever must pass before they can play again. It definitely should be a rule that encompasses all games, so we should decide what the penalty will be in all (non-occurring, I hope) instances.

8. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    As I said it's up to the individual mods, honestly with how Evan reacted to the end of his time in awesome, I'd be just as against letting him play a game as Krogan.

We play these games, because they're pretty damn fun, not because they're a great way to put ourselves under stress.

9. Ash

Ollie, I don't think that this should be up to the individual mod. This is something that can break the game, or at the very least, cause it to lose a lot of its fun. If it is shown to have consequences no matter what game you do it in, it will hopefully stop it from happening altogether. I don't WANT anyone to be banned for x amount of games or months, but if that's what is required to stop people from saying they'll link/quote/screencap their QTs, it is what has to happen. For every game. It can't be like "Oh, I'll bring it up in Gambit's game (god forbid), because he won't think it's a big deal, and I might be modkilled, but I can still play the next game coming up."

10. Fiat

I support Krogan getting a temp ban - it was a dick move and it was fucking stupid but it's only now that we're explicitly setting up regulations about it.

After him and Evan, though, I stand by anyone who tries it or performs it getting a permaban from Mafia. Anything else isn't nearly severe enough to be a real deterrent.

11. Ash

I still feel like a permaban is a bit drastic, but well, I'm imagining a situation where someone brings it up knowing that they'd get a permaban, and only a complete idiot would do that, so I can support the permaban. I don't think Krogan should get a permaban though, perhaps something like a month or 2, maybe 2 games must pass by.

In the case of Krogan, it's ultimately up to Smile, though. Everyone after him, permaban?

Does anyone DISAGREE with a permaban?

12. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

I'd support a mafia permaban from here on out if anyone does it. It's been explicitly said now, so people have no excuse.

13. Lungs

High Score:
    Well, I don't disagree with heavy action.

14. SmileOfTheKill

SmileOfTheKill Magical Amber

I am a bit biased about Krogan because he did help me a fair amount with some of the work in the current game flavor wise. If someone else bans them from their game, well that is understandable and fair. If I was to host again, I would trust Krogan enough not to be that stupid again and let him play.

For cases after this with a clear rule, I do agree with being banned for 2-3 games for posting/linking/copypasting the QT, but not much more than that. Perma-ban is a bit harsh. It is possible for a good player to be stupid and post more than he/she should. They should be punished but being removed forever? Meh.

15. Fiat

That's just it; there's a difference between doing what you describe there and what Krogan did / Evan threatened to do. Intent is a big part of it and with that type of intent - aside from Krogan - I think a permaban is definitely necessitated. It's a total disregard of the game's rules and is basically saying "Fuck you, everyone who helped make this game."

16. SmileOfTheKill

SmileOfTheKill Magical Amber

Well then make it case by case.

Low amount for stupid posts. Perma-ban for threatening/hijacking the game.

You can't just state make everything perma-ban then say one case is worse than another. Well, you could, but that would be silly.

17. Fiat

I'd say that stupid posts are just a modkill, depending on HOW stupid.

18. Lungs

High Score:
    No. That doesn't allow us to draw a brightline, Fiat.

If we just killed people because of some derpery, then we'd be modkilling people left and right in the name of preserving fun for the players - who would just post enough not to be modkilled for not posting, because they were afraid of making dumb posts that warranted modkills. :\

19. Fiat

I mean the kind of 'dumb post' that Smile was describing like...

Taure's post in WH:e where he made it impossible to replace him without being extremely unfair to his replacement.

20. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'd agree with a 3 or so game ban, but perma-ban is, well, permanent. If someone is a repeat offender, set it for a few months instead, and if they still act like shitheads, then hit them the hardest.