1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Diablo 2 Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Xiph0, Jan 25, 2012.

1. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

I know some of us are still playing it. Post your builds, b.net account, whatever. :awesome

Currently building a Fishymancer myself, working on soloing Nightmare.

2. Hero of Stupidity

Hero of Stupidity Villain of Sensibility ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I usually play with friends on LAN. My main char is Icesorc but I play AuraPala for support or ComboAssa if the other two are taken already.

As I said already to Xiph0 we really should do a DLP playthrough... :)

3. iLost

iLost Minister of Magic

Tried doing a split poison/fishy-mancer. Didn't get me very far. Got rolled in Hell by I think lvl 27. That was latest attempt as of last year. Couple years ago had a couple high-levels, zealadin, fishymancer, and bowazon(with multi-shot). They were between 40-60. Can't remember the details, but had a lot of fun then.

Honestly, playing D2 is way better when you have a friend or two joining you.

4. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

I can confirm that even in the last/final patch, Firesora's are still incredibly overpowered. Act 3 atm and my 'min' damage on fire bolt is in the 400's.

5. Hero of Stupidity

High Score:
    I think the Zeal paladin got nerfed in one of the latest patches...

6. Rym

Rym Auror

Kick-sin with enough points into trap tree to get death sentry. Then just play smart with cloak of shadows, mind blast, and shadow master.

Fun and will get through hell with crap gear (just need boots and LL, ML). Use Fade for elemental resistance/physical resistance.

7. Evan Tide

Evan Tide Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Do I need to download Diablo 2 if I'm downloading LoD already from the BNet online loader?

EDIT: Question answered. LoD doesn't auto-download D2 with it.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2012
  8. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

Certainly doesn't feel as strong, but maybe Fanaticism would help. :awesome I had a hard time getting that far with the leveling.

9. Skykes

Skykes Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Tried to log in today, my CD key is banned on every realm but Asia for some reason.

10. KrzaQ

KrzaQ Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Bans aren't synced with Asia realms for some reason. Same goes for all battle.net v1 games (War2, War3, Starcraft)

11. Skykes

Skykes Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

It was the CD key you gave me that got banned :p

12. eXcalite

eXcalite Seventh Year

I would dearly love to play D2 again but I really can't be arsed to start from scratch...if only they didn't delete your account after 90 days -.- To think how much time I once put into collecting all that shit :S

13. KrzaQ

KrzaQ Denarii Host DLP Supporter

The don't. They delete your account after 180 days.

Characters expire after 90 (or 10 if they weren't ingame for long enough), but they can easily be brought back if only their name hasn't been taken by someone else.

14. Richard

Richard Supreme Mugwump

Which is why I don't really play online. I just play SP with a mod.

15. Countess Whitewing

Countess Whitewing First Year

It's been about a year or so since I played; so my lvl90 Necro is long gone no doubt. If I remember right I was a Skelemancer, due to me wanting minions. Lol. I had two pieces of the Necro set that was on the same tier as the Griswald(sp?) set. Definitely had the body piece of that set. A neck and ring that had +skills to Curses, +skills to Bone. A unique wand that was +Necro skills. I don't remember the rest of my gear but I had at least 5 to everything on the Trees, due to gear. Skele skills were mated out as well including Mages. And this makes me want to play again... :awesome

16. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

Bump. My old computer [when I made this thread] had a problem in that it had no sound card, so the movies always crashed between Acts. Consequently, couldn't move between Acts. Now that I'm on my new one and my school is done, I'm playing this a lot more lately.

The Fishymancer I was building in the OP just got into Nightmare. It's surprisingly effective: maxed RS, dropped one point into Clay Golem, Golem Mastery and Summon Resist before Diablo for fire resistance on skellies, and am in the process (14 points) of maxing Skeleton Mastery. Even on /players 8 they manage to kill anything. Only thing I'm noticing in Nightmare is I might have to resummon one skeleton from time to time.

So if you need/want a boring but very effective build that requires zero equipment, couldn't recommend it more. With players 8 on and some decent magic find equipment though, you'll be rolling in uniques (and levels).

At this point I'm contemplating a Barbarian build. It's just a strongly annoying class to play until you have WW.

Last edited: May 25, 2012
  17. Hero of Stupidity

High Score:
    I finish next week, who is in a run?

18. Anarchy

Anarchy Half-Blood Prince DLP Supporter

I'm down for playing the Hell Unleashed mod if anyone wants too. I've played nearly every version of it for the past 8 years, and I have a few different ones archived. You can either play the solo version in multiplayer, or the multiplayer version in multiplayer which is truly the harder version since you can't buy mana pots and scrolls of town portal don't exist. Summon Necro's suck in it since minions have a -75% against bosses so they die easily. Melee is iffy as well, and very, very, very gear dependant.

19. LittleChicago

LittleChicago Headmaster DLP Supporter

It's so weird that this thread popped up today - I just re-installed D2 last night. I also found the naked assassin mod, which I have to admit, makes playing an assassin far more interesting.

20. Dullahan

Dullahan Fourth Year

I'm thinking of going back to it. D3 is starting to depress me. I'm probably going to grab my meteorb sorc and hit the grind. Or maybe an assassin with that mod...

Never tried Hell Unleashed, but am willing to play anything. Can a pre-existing D2 character play on it, or will I be starting from scratch?