1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Official (Unofficial) Skyrim Mod List

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Lutris, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Meh its a setting question at that point, I picked the Golden Age setting so its difficult but not absurd or immersion breaking. He specifically says on the description of the hardest setting that its absurdly difficult enough to be completely immersion breaking xD.

2. Evan Tide

Evan Tide Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Is there any way to make NMM auto-update mods?

3. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Not as far as I know, and frankly, it's usually better to read the changelog and comments before updating anyway. Just look at the problems automatic official updates have caused.

4. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

There is a setting in the options for it, but it breaks NMM to the point of being unuseable. Crashes as soon as you open it.

5. Moridin

Really? Where is that? I can't see it in the latest version, maybe they removed it because it was broken.

6. dr4ehead

dr4ehead Squib

Better Companions Guild and Better Sorting have their links switched.

7. Antivash

I've got 13.1 or or whatever it is. I open options and its on the first page, lower section I think... Check for Updates on Open and Check for Mod Updates on Open

Stop spreading lies. Like I would make a mistake like that.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2012
  8. Moridin

That doesn't auto-update, it just retrieves the most recent version number of the mod from the nexus database (and displays an exclamation if it doesn't match your installed version). And it's never created any problems for me - indeed, that's pretty much the only way I know if a mod's been updated outside of randomly browsing the nexus.

9. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Same here. It needs to autoupdate on the changed files. I'm tired of a massive mod like the retexture projects getting updated, then I have to redownload the whole damned thing again. Really annoying and it has to waste a fuckton of bandwidth

10. Antivash

mhm. What would be awesome would be a version of like... Subversion or Git, but built around NMM or something. You'd still likely have to update yourself, but at least with the files on a server like that, one command to pull all changed files since the last update...

Would make bug-fixing a fuck of a lot better if you could convince people to go with a semi-opensource style set up where you can just edit all of the files on the website if there is some major bugfix shit and authors seem MIA for weeks on end...

11. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Here's a decent one for those of us who enjoy a more survivalist oriented game.

Vinis Legit Food and Rest changes food/drink and stat regen rates so that you need food and rest to recover health/magicka/stamina. So food finally has a use beyond just taking up space until you eat it as a last resort (which never works). The mod is optimised for timescale 6 when the default is 20, so if you want the benefits to last longer (as it is they last 2400 seconds) there are instructions in the readme for how to do it.

Also, when you first load up the game after installing, you have to use the console to turn regen off (by typing 'bat regenoff' without the quotes) and set the timescale to 6 (if you haven't changed the mod to fit the default timescale - 'bat ts6'). It saves after that though, so you only have to do it once per character.

12. Midknight

If you don't have them, go get the Sexy series of mods. Sexy Whiterun, Sexy Winterhold, Sexy Villages, etc. There's a bunch of them. Install any of the other texture upgrades you want, like water, 2k textures, then install the Sexy series last. Makes everything look so much better it's amazing. No more boring grey haze in the towns.

Sexy Whiterun
    Sexy Windhelm
    Sexy Riften
    Sexy Winterhold College
    Sexy Village and Towns

That's the Sexy Villages one, you can find them all from there, or by searching.

13. Lutris

Lutris Jarl Dovahkiin DLP Supporter

14. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    If it wasn't for the fact that I know its a game and its really in there and possible Id be halfway tempted to call bullshit on some of these, I mean Jesus 0.o. All of them are amazing but those last two, I just don't even know what to say to that.

15. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    What does ENB stand for?

16. Antivash

ENBSeries is the project of graphic modifications for games. The main idea is to allow every gamer to configure how game looks like for their own taste, so every player could share settings with others. Many games may look much better and ENBSeries is the easiest way to improve them.
    If there is no ENBSeries version for game you wish to modify, just try several avalable, may be one of them will work.

TL-DR: Its that missing episode of Ernest Goes to Camp, Ernests New Bong. D:

17. coleam

coleam Death Eater

Is it bad that whenever I see screens from vanilla or near-vanilla Skyrim now, the first thing I think is "My god, that looks like crap!"?

I thought it looked amazing when I got it, but I've been playing with texture mods for so long that I've forgotten exactly how much they improved the visuals over vanilla.

18. Midknight

This. I played for a bit on my laptop which has vanilla, and I just got pissed at how bad it looks, and went for the desktop.

19. coleam

coleam Death Eater

1.4 patch is out, they've released the Creation Kit, there's an official high-res texture pack available as free DLC, and Steam Workshop is now live.

I have to say, Steam's mod distribution system looks better than NMM - it's more integrated in the game, and it looks like it automatically downloads updates to your mods when you start the game rather than having to manually get them. There are some that manual updating is required for (Dovahkiin Hideout, for example), but most don't need special treatment.

20. Midknight

Is the official DLC Hi res better then the 2k res pack?