1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

A Hunt of Thrones II: Beyond the Wall - Town wins!

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Lutris, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

Well, your post made me slightly less suspicious of you, so well, I think that adding a few different choices for Lord Commander can't hurt. I liked your post, so I guess I'll have to just hope you are not a terribly important role that will be killed early.

LORD COMMANDER NOMINATION: FENRAELLIS

About Sacrifice...

I do think it a town reaction, but that doesn't mean I won't have a sharper eye on Sacrifice after this. I don't want to lynch him, though, and I don't have any ideas on who to lynch. Yes, I know we still have the Lord Commander stuff, but we can do this simultaneously, and I think it's a good idea to have discussion on these other topics as well.

We have to pick three rangers, as well, which is a bit of a hard decision as well, because we want to pick people that are ideal for ranging, and not pick the White Walker.

---------- Post automerged at 01:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 AM ----------

Rofl, I said "as well" quite a lot.

2. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Fen and Ash: do what Moridin did and answer the four questions please? (I answered them too).

3. Ash

Uh, I'm not gonna write as much as you two did, because I'm repeating a lot of the same stuff.

1. Early game: Wildlings for reasons stated.
    Mid game: WW/slightly Red King's Court
    Late game: Red King's Court/the WW if he/she is still alive.

2. The White Walker, just because if everyone that can kill them is dead, we are completely screwed. After the White Walker, most scared of the Wildlings, definitely.

3. Yes, I do.

4. Honestly, I can't say. So long as I'm not elected Lord Commander, longer than I might have otherwise. Some games (recent ones in particular) I'm killed night 1, and others, I'm there until the end. I very much hope it is the latter, because this is an awesome fucking game, and I dun wanna die ;_;

4. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

Actually, I was going to nominate you, based on a good feeling and the fact that it worked out before. Trusting no one is always a good place to start.

And as far as usually getting killed early goes, that's a weak reasoning to bring up, IMO. I doubt it'll factor for Mafia, and it shouldn't influence us. In the end, if they really are bent on removing the Lord Commander, they can, and no one can stop that anyway.

So. What else? I'm starting to dislike Lungs, because he slipped into Kai's role. Considering how, uh, not really good that worked out for me in Warlock Hunt Evo, I'll hold back for now, but I can't see myself voting for him in any case. In fact, I'd rather vote for Kai.

Fen's post regarding Sacrifice: Way to be nitpicky while going off on me for doing the same in another Awesome universe. Not convinced.

Moridin: Why the fuck is he even a topic? Guy said basically nothing. How did he randomly get three nominations?

So tell me if you want the nomination, Ashaya. Otherwise, I'll think about giving it to Kai.

5. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

A <redacted> for me is a <redacted> for a brighter tomorrow.

6. Gila

Gila Second Year DLP Supporter

Sesc, if you got nominated for Lord Commander, would you accept to be a candidate? Since Moridin is already a candidate, I'm thinking of nominating you, but if you won't accept even if some other people agree, I won't bother.

7. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Gila seems off with her "Sesc looks good for a candidate!"

8. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

Is there anyone who wouldn't accept a nomination? :p Being Lord Commander sounds like fun, and, well the more people in the mix the merrier. I think Ashaya's said as much as Moridin in this thread, so I don't know why you prefer her, Sesc (Though I think she said somewhere she didn't really want it). So, Sesc, would you accept nomination? Honestly I can't think of anyone to nominate, so its either you or Kai.

---------- Post automerged at 12:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 AM ----------

You look off with your "Vesvius looks good for a candidate!"

9. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

Gila: Yeah, I would, I guess.

I think it's fair to ask that question, by the way. Not everyone might want the role, for totally different reasons. Constructing something out of it now seems a bit excessive @Ollie.

10. Gila

I can also think of several reasons why people would not want to accept nomination which is probably exactly why one has to accept it in the first place. Anyway, I think we should have several candidates and I personally happen to think Sesc would make a good one. I have a good feel of him based on previous games I have read and his posts in this game have seemed town enough.

Lord Commander Nomination: Sesc

11. Geabe

Geabe Guest

For now, I shall only answer Sacrifice's questions as I have not done up a comprehensible table of roles. Not having one makes this rather confusing.

That point of "lesser Town roles" is thus to be taken to mean roles like the Rapist, or the Lecher on alternate days. I admit the uses of these two roles:
    Rapist: A surefire way to let the Town know of a Town member's death at any time, provided the Rapist is not sent for ranging. This is unreliable since we do not know identities matched to roles so early.
    Lecher: Extremely vital in the endgame stage.

It is a casualty to lose any of our number, but better to lose a Rapist than a Maester.

I nearly missed this: I think the Angry Knight should also be sent Ranging. The Angry Knight's use is not in life, but in death, and hence should be sent Ranging. However, he should not be sent too early, for fear of his death occurring too early.

Any roles with immunity from Winter Kill is also feasible.

I do not discredit the scum factions' decisions on who to push for to be sent Ranging. Thank you for presenting that information, I shall take note of it.

To the final question which has come to the attention of both Sacrifice and Lungs. If we have a suspected scum, LYNCH. This is the way to kill scum.

The point about scum being sent ranging considers these facts:
    -The event we have more than 1 scum suspected
    -Inability to use Night active abilities
    -Winter Kill
    -King of Giants

In the event that in Ranging, the White Walker effects a kill, then if scum is sent, there is a possibility of scum killing scum off. If the White Walker does not, then overall benefit is to the Town; that is, no kill on the Rangers which implies no Kill on a Town member by the White Walker. (Assumption: at least one Town member is sent Ranging).

Scum may not use their rather powerful Night active abilities as well. The King of Giants, if targeted, may rebound the kill on the White Walker as well. I believe this was pointed out.

12. Ash

Well, I do kinda want it, because POWER 8D

I can't seem to resist the temptation of having some sort of important role. The reason I said don't nominate me was because I don't have a huge amount of time to devote to mafia like I normally do, because I have a guest visiting me. That said, I still post a fair amount, and I check regularly. I just feel like I'm posting so little compared to my normal games.

But really, I have 1 nomination, I need two more. I would hate for your nomination vote to be wasted.

Up to you entirely, man.

13. KaiDASH

You heard her Sesc, better do that thing that must not be named for me.

~_^

14. Gila

KaiDASH, why are you so eager to nominated especially when it's forbidden in the rules to ask others to nominate you? Just because you don't say it out loud doesn't mean that everybody won't know what you are asking anyway. It may be somewhat amusing, but doesn't make me think you are town.

15. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Actually how he's doing it makes me quite sure he's town. Kai is joking around a bit, and I personally feel he's not really gunning for nominations. Don't mistake a sense of humor and relaxed attitude for being a scum.

/wk

16. Gila

I didn't say I thought he was scum, just that it didn't make me feel that he was town (on a scale of town <- neutral, dunno really -> scum). The reason I don't particularly like that kind of humour in mafia is games is that it makes it extremely easy for scum to accidently or on purpose to slip something and then brush it off as a joke. We don't all know KaiDASH and how he likes to joke, so it's up to every individual to judge how they read anything kinda like how you decided that I was suspicious of wanting to nominate Sesc.

17. KaiDASH

I'm not asking people to nominate me.

I'm asking people to do unspeakable things to me.

There is a difference.

18. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Eh, this just looks like normal Kai to me. Doesn't mean he's scum, or that he's town. That said, I do think he'd be one of the first targets for scum as even as a vanilla townie he'd be quite a dangerous player. With the extra powers of the LC, I'm fairly sure he'd be the number one target for the scum, even having them willing to waste a NK to get him out of the way.

19. KaiDASH

Flippancy aside, that would be the entire point of saying it like that. Restrictions on something like that which is so pivotal to how the game plays out are just stupid.

As for that other question, firstly the extra life is an amazing asset for town - even moreso for someone like me who has a tendency to eat night kills at the earliest opportunity.

20. Gila

It says: "You may not ask others to nominate you- they must do it of their own accord." Technically I don't see any reason why a person couldn't for example say I would be a good Lord Commander, because whatever. Then it would be up to the individual players to decide who they want to nominate. That would be a far more pleasing way of going around it imo. If this is not what Lutris meant then it's worded kinda badly.