1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

A Hunt of Thrones II: Beyond the Wall - Town wins!

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Lutris, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

I didn't actually see Moridin's suggestion at the bottom of his post, that the others should reply too.

1. Early Game = Wildlings>Red King's Court>Others
    Mid-Game = Red King's Court>=Wildlings>(maybe>= depending on the insight of the White Walker)Others
    Late Game = Others>=Red King's Court>Wildlings

I figure that early usage of Sixskins may give the Wildlings an early boost, and the Red King's Court and Others have abilities which require a bit of a ramp up of power.
    Mid-Game, the Red King's Court have probably racked up some useful converts to kill, and the White Walker might have a few votes stolen if insightful enough. Meanwhile, the Wildlings are possibly relegated to the normal Night Kill and the reactionary kill from Giant's Blood.
    Late Game, the Red King's Court are even better off, if converts are going well, the White Walker probably has fewer risks to its survival alive and more votes stolen, and the Wildlings are mostly just a regular Mafia faction, with their Horn of Winter being saved for a clutch usage.

2. To go with the above, early on I am a bit more concerned about the Wildlings, but as the game goes on, I believe that the Red King's Court and The Others will become a greater threat.

3. Hmmm... It's difficult to dislike one free survival from the Wildlings or Red King's Court, and obtaining greater information with which to make considerations of other people is nice too. There are probably better roles for it, and probably worse roles. It's hard to say, really.

4. Well, for whatever reason, I usually tend to last until mid-to-late game, although I imagine that my chances at prolonged survival would be somewhat lessened by being the Lord Commander. Scum would need to take two night actions to kill me off though(presuming The Horn of Winter's protection-bypassing doesn't allow it to ignore the Lord Commander's unique protection), so...

2. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

No matter what, it's up to the individual players to decide what to do, regardless of what I say.

I'm just putting myself on the map, so to speak.

3. Gila

Gila Second Year DLP Supporter

So, KaiDASH, why would you be a good Lord Commander then? He is another chance for you to put yourself even more on the map, so to speak. ;)

4. KaiDASH

For one, I'm town (hi lungs)

For two, I can valuate situations well (hi sesc)

For three, extra life gimmie gimmie

and fwiw in Warlock:e with mayor, I would have given myself an extra life on n1 then claimed to have checked someone as guilty and insist on not saying who it is, but judge lynching them at the end of the day (I was probably going to go with tad2103, who ended up being the thrall).

Which would have been hilarious for the witches to see me hit someone who from their pov is town

5. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

What would you have done if we still killed you night 1, and you were shown to have survived? :p

6. KaiDASH

I would have said d1 that I'm giving myself the extra life.

7. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm starting to warm up to Kai right now, but I'm more worried about having more than two candidates in the running so it isn't just Lungs vs. Moridin.

I'm hoping Ves and/or Kai will get enough Nominations for us to have more runners.

8. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I wouldn't, too many things could go wrong.

Also why would you hope that Gambit? It seems a little odd how hard your pushing for us to expand the vote and drag the process out and especially how hard your pushing Ves.

9. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

Well, we have an unlimited time frame, but we don't want to drag it out to much :l But it is odd how he just randomly chose Ves..

And well, some peoples roles don't work well with being the Lord Commander, but I wouldn't broadcast it if I were them.. It'd probably put a target on their back.

10. Yeagen

Yeagen First Year

Well, I was going to vote for Lungs or Morridin when I got back but they already have three votes for the candidacy. As I said before, all the candidates look decent. I don't fully trust any of them of course but they all seem okay. I think there should be more then two candidates for the LC so I want to nominate someone else in order to make things more interesting. Two people currently have two nomination votes for them, Fenraellis and Vesvius. I think both are good choices. Vesvius has lot of experience in mafia games and so does Fen. I'm less sketched out by Vesvius then I was before because of his last post but I'm still slightly wary.

Fen brought up an excellent point about what can kill the white walker and his responses to the questions posed to him were sound. However, I must admit I may be a little bit biased since Fen is my friend in real life, so I'm not sure if this constitutes favoritism or not, but I feel like he would do a good job as LC.

In order to move things along..

VOTE PLAYER NOMINATION: Fenraellis

Okay, it's almost 5 am in the morning here and I have stayed up way too late so I'm going to sleep.

11. Another Empty Frame

High Score:
    I'm pushing for Ves and multiple candidates because I don't want to get pinned into choosing from just two people. Ves just happened to be intelligent.

I want options for the LC is all I'm saying.

12. Yeagen

Yeagen First Year

I just realized I didn't vote the correct way. Sorry!

LORD COMMANDER NOMINATION: Fenraellis

13. Lutris

Lutris Jarl Dovahkiin DLP Supporter

The 1st Lord Commander Election

NOMINATIONS:
    Moridin (3): Eternity Lost, Lungs, Snowflake
    Lungs (3): Sacrifice, Aekiel, Krogan
    Fenraellis (3): CheddarTrek, Ashaya, Yeagen
    Vesvius (2): Kensington, Gambit
    Ashaya (1): Anya
    KaiDASH (1): guljons
    Sesc (1): Gila

ELECTORAL CANDIDATES:
    Lungs
    Moridin
    Fenraellis

---------------------------------------

The following players have not declared any nominations of their own:

Moridin
    KaiDASH
    Geabe
    Aziraphale
    Taure
    LochNess
    Sesc
    Vesvius
    Nemrut
    Fenraellis
    jwlk

Last edited: Feb 1, 2012
  14. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

You missed my candidacy, Lutris. Gila nominated me.

Edit: Already fixed, so nvm.

15. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Yeah, a bit more variety in the Lord Commander pool would be nice.

Lord Commander Nomination: Sesc

He seems like a solid player overall.

16. Sacrifice

Sacrifice Guest

How many candidates do you all want before voting?

I refrained from voting even though I nominated Lungs, as I want to see what other candidates might appear first.

We currently have three candidates. We need a majority vote in order for one of them to become Lord Commander. The more candidates we have, the more the votes will split up. Even though we are in no hurry, I think we should take note of that.

17. Azira

Azira High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

I'm pretty sure Kai is town at this point, and I trust him to be the very best that noone ever was so:

Lord Commander Nomination: KaiDASH

18. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm not saying we have to rush it but its silly to try and get any more candidates than we already have, we're going to diffuse the vote far too much at this rate. I'd much prefer to have people voting between two or three strong picks that we all generally agree on as candidates than randomly voting amongst a mountain of whoever they personally thought was best.

19. Another Empty Frame

High Score:
    Logging off for the next 12-15 hours.

I'll be back to vote later. hopefully Sesc, Kai, and Ves can have three Nominations by then.

20. LochNess

LochNess Third Year DLP Supporter

Well I'm gonna go with my gut and at least get him in the nominations:

Lord Commander Nomination: Sesc

I don't think adding an extra person is making it a mountain of choices, and it's not just a personal opinion as other people are nominating him too. Like Gambit said, at least we aren't stuck with just a couple of options.