1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

A Hunt of Thrones II: Beyond the Wall - Town wins!

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Lutris, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Well for one we can strike Ashaya off the list considering she very specificaly asked to not be nominated. Personally I would like to see Vesvius off of the list, normally I wouldn't mind and I might even vote for him but the way Gambit swooped in and has pushed him at people with little to no explanations at all struck me as forty kinds of fishy to the point that I am just not comfortable putting Ves in the hot seat.

Ill post more later when I get home my phone battery is a hair away from dead.

---------- Post automerged at 03:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 PM ----------

Okay round two while I have a bit of time.

Another thing that seriously needs to be considered as a meta gaming aspect of this decision is quite simply who is actually going to consistently be here? I don't think people prone to heavy lurking should be allowed take a nomination personally.

2. Eternity Lost

Eternity Lost Squib

Has anyone actually nominated anyone prone to heav lurking?

All the candidates I've seen so far have been experienced players and consistent posters.

3. Snowflake

Snowflake Guest

I'm going to go ahead and put in my commander vote now, since I don't think I'll be able to post much later on.

Lord Commander Vote: Fenraellis

It scares me the least to vote for him at this moment. He seems pretty reliable and his posts are solid. It doesn't look like he's going to die too early either.

4. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

... do you even want to try to explain how your post does not sound like "people that I don't like for LC should drop out", Krogan?

5. Lutris

Lutris Jarl Dovahkiin DLP Supporter

Gotta run for a few hours. Expect an updated tally within 5 hours though.

6. LochNess

LochNess Third Year DLP Supporter

yeah I don't really see any candidates that we need to dismiss because of lurking.

Although the only thing is with Ashaya saying she wouldn't have as much time for this I'm not sure if she would be a prime candidate. If she does end up having time though, I think she would be very competent.

7. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    No because it not true. While I'd personally prefer Lungs I would have no problem at all if Moridin or Fen won. I just would like to stick with the candidates we have instead of everyone and their mother getting nominated.

8. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

To be clear, I have time, I just don't have enough as I normally do, which as everyone knows, is a ridiculous amount. I still have more time than quite a lot of people in this game do.

9. Kensington

Kensington Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Of the three candidates for Lord Commander, I'm going to have to throw my vote in with Fenraelis.

Lungs, at some point in most games you either tick off enough players or create enough suspicion (I do the same thing too) with your posts that you get lynched, making you less than effective. It's the same reason I didn't support KaiDASH getting nominated as well.

Moridin, unfortunately you haven't created enough of an impression for me to recall your playing style.

Fenraellis on the other hand, does tend to live towards the end game and plays quite well. Yes, there is a chance he's a scum faction, in which case we're totally screwed, but at this point it's nigh impossible to accurately presume who is scum and who isn't.

Therefore, I'm going to take a bit of a gamble.

10. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    What's the harm in putting him as the first Lord Commander then (apart from the obvious that he may be scum)? The scum are going to want the LC out of the way as soon as possible, and then try to tie up the votes so that we can't elect another. So by the point Lungs begins to draw suspicion, chances are he's going to die to a night kill.

Fenraellis is looking scummy to me, through no fault of his own, simply because so many people are jumping on his bandwagon with flimsy reasons such as yours. It makes me think he has proper backing, and his playing it down looked very weak to me, as if he was trying to just brush Sacrifice's nomination aside.

No offence to Sacrifice, but he's not exactly the most subtle of players. Could be an incidence of newbie scum giving away scum mates accidentally.

11. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

Aekiel makes a good point, we ARE going to go through multiple Lord Commanders, so we might as well vote in a Lord Commander that is likely to be NKed early. If Lungs wins, he is NKed at some point soon, then we vote in Fen or Moridin or Kai or someone.

12. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I dun wanna die ;_;

But I realize that I might, really quick, anyway. In fact, I'm quite sure that if I'm not LC, I might just be nk'd day one.

Lord Commander Vote: Lungs

I really think that surviving until Day 3 or 4 would help town.

13. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

(Maybe by the time he gets killed we'll be able to make a more informed decision!)

14. Sacrifice

Sacrifice Guest

:facepalm I don't repeat mistakes, and I can't anyway because I'm town here.

Lord Commander Vote: Lungs

Well, I nominated him, obviously I have my reasons why he should be Lord Commander.

Firstly, him being actually serious about this game and asking those questions in the first few posts seem like town behaviour, or scum trying very hard to be town. He strike himself off his own list of Nominees as "he could not nominate himself", KaiDASH however hints to everyone that he wants the role.

Next, he accuses CheddarTrek of being scum. At that point Cheddar did seem very inconsistent in his posts. However, no one backed Lungs up, a bandwagon did not start, and he rescinded the vote. Seems to me that Lungs wasn't in the Wildlings or Red King's Court if he IS scum. I could be wrong, and this could have been a tactic by scum. If he is the White Walker, he would've take note of all the ways that he could be killed, due to the White Walker win condition.

Therefore I believe he is town. I could be wrong though.

KaiDASH and Sesc seems townie enough. If either one is winning in number of votes, I would switch over. However Kai has the tendency to die early.

Moridin somehow appears off to me.

As for Vesvius, the way he phrased his questions seemed strange, and like a bunch of you said, he seems pretty off.

Guess what, I lied when I said I missed out Azor Ahai. I was waiting for someone to point it out to me. Furthermore, you have some sort of backing. This means that if you are scum, you are in the Red King's Court, Fenraellis. You can't be in the Wildlings, as you mentioned The Horn of Winter as a method to kill the White Walker. If you are a Wildling, you would have already asked Lutris to clarify that.

Also, in post #161.

Scums in general, both Wildlings and Red King's Court will only take one NK each. So in one Night, the Lord Commander could be killed if it is in the interest of both scum factions for him to die.

The way you phrase it made it seem as if you are from one of the factions. Again, you mentioned the Horn of Winter. However, a Lord Commander effectively has two lives. Horn of Winter gives one unblockable kill. It does not matter if the Wildlings used Horn of Winter or not.

No, at this point, we don't need to bother if you are Wildling or Red King's Court. You are highly probably, scum.

Standard Vote: Fenraellis

---------- Post automerged at 09:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 AM ----------

Note: I am also fairly certain Cheddar is scum

15. Ched

You're very certain I'm scum but less certain of my gender! ;)

I'm really not scum, but in a game like this everything is going to get overanalyzed, so ehh.

As for this...
    Uh, but it's obviously a method for killing the White Walker. If he is scum it's not like he'd gain anything by not mentioning it -- it's not like it will be a big secret that no one will find out about unless someone points at it. It'd make more sense for him to say it to allay suspicion, imo at least.

16. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I mean, I'm not 100% sure you're scum as I thought you were, Cheddar, but...

Why the fuck are you defending Fen so much and so hard? :\

17. Ched

Also, Sacrifice -- you are far more certain of my scumminess than you are of my gender. ^^

18. Sacrifice

Sacrifice Guest

-THE HORN OF WINTER: In exchange for a TRUTHFUL roleclaim, any Wildling player can gain one unblockable kill tallied from their personal QuickTopic, that takes effect at the end of the Day Phase in which the roleclaim was made. This ability may only be used once in the course of the entire game - only one Wildling may blow the Horn.

^
    Does it say it can kill the White Walker? No.

19. Ched

I don't see myself as defending him, honestly. I picked him more or less at random from the list you made, then after watching/following posts for a while I decided he was less suspicious than most of the others (like you), so I voted for him.

Then I pointed out what I saw as a fallacy in Sacrifice's argument, which I'd likely have done had they mentioned you or anyone else in a similar manner. It's a rather stupid assumption, or so I felt.

---------- Post automerged at 08:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 PM ----------

It says it's a bloody "unblockable" kill -- what the hell else would that mean? XD

20. Sacrifice

Sacrifice Guest

Unblockable will mean that it pierces protection of the Children of the Forest