1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

A Hunt of Thrones II: Beyond the Wall - Town wins!

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Lutris, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Gila

Gila Second Year DLP Supporter

I'm seriously doubting we will have very many volunteers too, but might as well wait and see. Right now I kinda want to send Geabe ranging as an incentive for him to do something. He has like three posts and none of them contribute anything to the issue of selecting Lord Commander, which is a pretty major thing when it comes to the rest of the decisions on day 1.

How do you do a ranger vote anyway?

2. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    It was in Lutris' last post. Requesting it be added to the main post, Lutris?

3. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Well, it seems simplest to just vote for the two runner-ups from the LC election for the Ranger position. Why? Because we've vetted/analyzed them the most at this point.

RANGER VOTE: Moridin

RANGER VOTE: Fenraellis

---------- Post automerged at 05:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:01 PM ----------

I'm tempted to cast my Lynch vote for one of the guys who hasn't posted much at all, but I'll wait and see what everyone else does first.

4. Eternity Lost

Eternity Lost Squib

I won't be able to post again for 10 hours from now, but I'll be back then, and again 4 hours before the end of day.

I'm going to hold my votes for know as I have little idea who to vote for on both accounts. No one's done anything overtly suspicious yet personally, and I don't really know what to do with the Ranger vote.

5. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

Does anyone want to go ranging?

I will say that I am comfortable ranging, though not really eager....I doubt anyone is really EAGER.

6. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm also okay with being a ranger. I fancy my chances with the White Walker somewhat more than out in the open.

So to use one of my votes:

Ranger Vote: Taure

The other one is trickier...

@Cheddar: is there a particular reason we need to send people that we have analysed/debated ranging? I mean, it's the LC who gets the result of the ranging, so it's Kai we have to hope is trustworthy, not the rangers themselves. In fact, does it really matter much at all who we send ranging? They take on a 2/9 chance of death (2/3 chance of not having the dragonglass dagger, 1/3 chance of being targeted for the Winter Kill) in exchange for protection from night kills. It doesn't seem to give any great advantage or disadvantage.

7. Gila

Gila Second Year DLP Supporter

I think it does matter somewhat who we send, but there are also several ways of looking at it, which I'm too tired to think about right now. I'm gonna chug one of my ranger votes to Taure since he seems to want to go and leave the other until the morning when I will hopefully be more awake. So I will be back after I have slept which may take a bunch of hours as I'm really tired.

8. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

No, not really. But I might be elsewhere tonight/some of tomorrow, and those are people that I've already "thought about" in terms of being scum/town.

But if they felt somewhat safe being the LC, then they're either scum or not super-valuable (though Fen could be, given how he got picked, lol). I guess I see it as a way of stirring the pot with some of the people who have been posting more prominently?

That said if you're set on ranging Taure I'll change my vote for Fen to you -- but like you said, does it really matter that much? I'd rather not go myself given the added dangers, but eh.

9. LochNess

LochNess Third Year DLP Supporter

Since Taure is up for being a ranger, I will give one of my votes to him for now:

10. Vesvius

Vesvius High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

If Taure's up for it, far be it for me to stop him.

Now as for my lynch vote: Fen feels way off to me. So...

Standard Vote: Fenraellis

11. guljons

guljons Squib

Ok it is Friday night and I am fcing drunk.

I am volunteering for ranging, because my role is not mega important in the off chance in being targeted by White walker..

It tooke some time go get this grammatically correct.

Ranger Vote: Guljons

Voting for Taure because he seems to want it.

---------- Post automerged at 07:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 PM ----------

I reread the the post like 20 times, but I still saw the mistakes only after posting, so ignore them.

12. Ash

I've thought it over, and I think the risk is worth it. The WW will probably want to kill either myself or Taure, and he won't know who has the dagger, hopefully causing him to waste his kill....

That said, it's a majority vote, so I'm going to vote for myself and guljons, as Taure has a fair amount of votes.

Ranger Vote: guljons
    Ranger Vote: Ashaya

I still don't know who should be lynched....I'm not very suspicious of Fen. I have no opinion on Aekiel, except, well, AEKIEL ALWAYS DIES FIRST. Which, while a good strategy for #werewolf, is a bit stupid in forum mafia. Other than those two, I'd prefer to lynch a lurker, someone who does not contribute to the game.

13. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:

Because he wants to go o_O

Ranger Vote: Ashaya

Because she wants to go as well.

14. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Still got one vote left, might not have another chance to use it, so:

Ranger vote: Ashaya

15. Lungs

High Score:
    Oh, and

Hopefully the three people who went will provide the WW with a Catch 22 or something.

16. Ash

You get two ranger votes, Lungs.

17. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

Do we have 3? If not i'll take one for the team and go ranging if no one else wants too. Also, sorry i've been absent recently. I've been keeping up though, and i'll be posting more from now on :D. Since we don't have a Judge kind of role (We don't do we?) Would it be best to determine a lynch today? I'd

18. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Hrrrrm. I'm honestly not sure what I can say to my supposed defense.

Several people vote for me for the same reasons as others vote for the other candidates, then Sacrifice points out something in my post that I didn't even say(since I stated how my belief of The Horn of Winter working was purely based upon the wording, and I wasn't even sure), and a bunch of people jumped onto the suspicion bandwagon. Something which is personally suspicious to me.:sherlock:

I'll tentatively do, although I think I need to review the people that jumped on directly after:
    Deadline Vote: Sacrifice

Also, while I'm not sure about anybody else, since he seems to want it so badly, eh:

---------- Post automerged at 07:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 PM ----------

Oh, ninja'd via playing LoL >_>

19. Kensington

Kensington Denarii Host DLP Supporter

You know - I like the idea of giving a boost to two of the other Lord Commander Candidates. Give them a bit of a consolation prize.

Ranger Vote: Moridin
    Ranger Vote: Fenraellis

As for the the lynch vote, Sacrifice - you seemed a bit too high-strung in the prelim stage. Enjoy a rope siesta.

Deadline Vote: Sacrifice

20. Lungs

High Score:
    Err,

Rescind Ranger Vote: Guljons