1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

A Hunt of Thrones II: Beyond the Wall - Town wins!

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Lutris, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Rofl oh thats cute. Unless you just point blank admitted to being an information gathering role then I have no doubts whatsoever that you don't know my role.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2012
  2. Geabe

Geabe Guest

Sacrifice's role, I should have made that clear.

3. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Balls, I apologize for that. All I did was fix some major grammatical errors.

Also ah I see.

4. Gila

Gila Second Year DLP Supporter

I'm definately gonna be here for deadline as it's in the middle of afternoon and I'll vote to make a lynch happen, but I'm just not sure about Sacrifice either. I'll probably have bit of time to iso him and maybe some other people once I come back from shopping, but we are going to need a counter wagon pretty soon if we want to lynch somebody else. Honestly I think right now that the deadline is coming so fast we'll be lucky we get any lynch to happen as I'm not sure everybody has been here since the deadline was set to one day. Anyway gonna use my other ranger vote as that seems decided.

Ranger Vote: Guljons

5. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Ranger Vote: Guljons

Ranger Vote: Ashaya

As to the lynch vote, am really not convinced who to vote for since no one really seemed particularly scummy.

6. Snowflake

Snowflake Guest

I'm not really sure who to lynch yet. I'll be on by the deadline, though.

Geabe: I guess it can depend on the situation, but for the most part, yes. I believe the Wildings are more of a threat in the beginning, but the Red Court becomes more and more dangerous the longer they are kept alive. Since they carry out their abilities through conversions, the more time they are given the worse it is for us.

7. guljons

guljons Squib

It seems only appropriate that I will go ranging in the cold when IRL it is -20C.

I don't have a decision who to lynch yet, but with the short timetable it seems that it will have to one of the guys who already has votes. I will be online in the next hours, so I will vote after some consideration.

8. Azira

Azira High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Ranger Vote: Taure
    Ranger Vote: Ashaya

Don't do naughty things beyond the wall...

I was going to vote for Sacrifice but he mustered a decent defense so going to hold off... I'll be here at deadline after I reread the thread and vote.

9. Gila

Sacfice's defense was pretty good, just one thing kinda rubbing me the wrong way about him. He says Fen can't be one of the wildlings, because otherwise he would know about the horn things in #214. Then later on he acts like he doesn't know that the scum factions kill on alternating nights, which may or may not be genuine. This just gives me some shifty vibes as it reminds me of the whole scum tactic where they like to be like not knowing something scum would obviously know totally makes somebody not member of scum.

10. Azira

I have no idea what you just said.

11. Gila

Well, if you don't know something that scum would obviously know, you can't be scum. But scum like to sometimes fake not knowing something scum would know, because they expect it will make them look more town. Sacrifice used exactly this method to claim that Fen can't be a member of one scum faction, which in my opinion is a faulty premise to begin with (not to mention that he was wrong anyway). He then later on said that scum kills can go like 2 kills, no kill, 2 kills no kill, when instead the scum factions take turns. It was pretty obvious to me from the get go that they take turns, but either Sacifice didn't realize this, or it could be that he was scum and was trying to pretend to be town by pretending to not know something scum would obviously know. It could be entirely innocent, but then again you never know in these games.

12. Azira

Can you link the posts you are referring to, or use quotes? Because I still don't really understand.

13. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

10 questions :/

Geabe: I don't know. If you ask 'when', it probably depends on 'which', and that should depend on how the game develops.

Ranger Vote: Taure
    Ranger Vote Guljons

Also, does anyone feel like lynching someone today, maybe? Sacrifice has five, Fenraellis four, and like over a dozen people haven't voted yet. That's kinda useless.

Standard Vote Fenraellis

14. Gila

This is in #214. This is pretty much exactly the kind of reasoning I was talking about before. You didn't know x (never mind that x is wrong), so you can't be in the Wildlings. This tells me that Sacrifice is aware of this kind of reasoning, and seems to think it is totally valid, which in my opinion it's not, because I've been burned before by thinking somebody was not scum like that.

Then in #278 Sacrifice says this. It is obviously wrong, and if he really believes it, he can't be scum, because I'm pretty certain scum would be well aware of how night kills work in this game.

So basically either he is totally unaware of this scum tactic, which I would find more likely if he was a first time player, or he is using it on purpose. Both are entirely possible, but I'm always kinda paranoid in these games, so I wanted to see if anybody had anything to say about this.

15. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Well Gila is either over-eager town, or scum.

Sesc: I think Fen is best since Sacrifice made a nice rally.

Standard Vote: Fenraelis

16. Eternity Lost

Eternity Lost Squib

I slightly agree with Gila about this. Sacrifice seems to be being a little too stupid for it to be genuine.

Yes, Fen seems a little suspicious as well, but we need a lynch and I think Sacrifice is suspicious enough to warrant it.

Standard Vote: Sacrifice

If my vote is needed, I'll switch, but I think Sacrifice is a slightly better target.

Scum Sacrifice misses out scum ways of killing WW not to seem like scum, is a scenario we must consider, and I find quite likely.

---------- Post automerged at 01:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 PM ----------

We have 6 votes on each of Sacrifice and Fen, with 2 hours-ish to go.

We need all those who haven't voted to come and vote.

17. Snowflake

Snowflake Guest

I know we don't have a lot of time left, but I want to wait a little before voting. I don't really know how I feel about Fen yet and I'm afraid to lynch him since he hasn't posted in his defense yet. Sacrifice has provided an okay defense, but I'm afraid we might be suspicious of him for the rest of the game.

Guys, let's not split the vote....

18. Azira

Gila has pushed me back into thinking Sacrifice should die. Fen is slightly less suspicious in my eyes.

19. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Fenrealis didn't seem all that suspicious to me and while I am not convinced about Sacrifice either, if we have to chose between these two, right now, I would vote for him.

Seeing we don't have so much time left

20. Gila

There's nothing over-eager about pointing out stuff that I feel may be somewhat suspicious even if it's not that big of a deal unless you want to play this like "I kinda feel x may be scum so let's lynch him" which is totally antitown. I kinda just want to get some kind of response from Sacrifice regarding this so I can gauge better if I should vote him or Fen. I know he has read at least part of my posts, because I looked on his profile and he has been reading the thread since then. Any kind of response is better and more town than just not saying anything, which really makes him look scummy.