1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Official DLP Nuzlocke Run

Discussion in 'Pokémon' started by Mindless, Jul 24, 2010.

1. Striker

Striker What's up demons?

Decided to go through with it. My progress:

Got myself a Chikorita. I'm not cool enough to use DLP names, so I just named him Panzer (because he's my tank :3).

Caught myself a Hoothoot, who I named Bobbles and plan on sacrificing for a better cause sometime in the future. I'll probably make him my HM02 whore if he makes it that far.

Ran into a female Geodude in route 42. Panzer critkilled that cunt as hard as he could. Moving on, I passed through Cherrygrove and stumbled upon a female Rattata. Panzer decided that bitches be crazy and tore her in half.

More than a little disgruntled, I headed into Dark Cave and caught myself a Geodude, rather than the Zubat I was hoping for. Named her Dox and stuck her in the reserves with Bobble.

Finally struck gold in Bellsprout Tower, encountering a Ghastly. At this point I had no trust in Panzer's ability to keep it alive, so I foresight/tackled my way to my fourth catch of the run. I named him Gar.

That was yesterday. 'Bout to jump on and grind Gar for Falkner, because god knows Panzer won't be doing shit to his Pidgeotto.

'Till then, current team:

[​IMG]
    Panzer the Chikorita (Lv. 10)
    Ability: Overgrow
    Nature: Gentle
    Moves: Tackle, Growl,
    Razor Leaf, Poison Powder

[​IMG]
    Gar the Ghastly (Lv. 3)
    Ability: Levitate
    Nature: Docile
    Moves: Lick, Hypnosis

[​IMG]
    Bobble the Hoothoot (Lv. 4)
    Ability: Keen Eye
    Nature: Naive
    Moves:
    Tackle, Growl,
    Foresight

[​IMG]
    Dox the Geodude (Lv. 2)
    Ability: Sturdy
    Nature: Adamant
    Moves: Tackle, Defense Curl

2. Hero of Stupidity

Hero of Stupidity Villain of Sensibility ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I will miss you lv15 Bulbasaur whose name was Balls. Dat spearow with fury attack. You shall be avanged.

lvl10 Beedrill Mknote
    lvl12 Ratatta Polandball
    lvl11 Pidgey Lungs

3. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    I started platinum and after beating Trolly [my rival] and learning how to catch Pokemon from Dawn, I go to route 201 to catch something. Being lucky as I am I get a level 2 Starly.

I have my awesome new Chimchar, Cals use scratch and what do you know it crits and kills Starly :(
    Saddened I go to Valor Lakefront hoping for another Starly but this time I get a Bidoof whom I caught and named Syed.

Depressed I go back to the Pokemon Center and heal up. I start heading down Route 202 to level Syed and Cals, but the first thing that happens when I enter the Tall Grass is a level 3 Shinx pops out.

I happily catch it and welcome Shinx now known as Serachin to the team. For now I will go get a snack and then resume power leveling Cals, Syed, and Serachin.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2012
  4. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    LOL guys.

I just beat Nuzlocke!Emerald without losing a single poke.

Alright, it was a bit more complicated than that. I picked Lutris the Torchic as my starter. I wanted a Blaziken, because Fighting pokes are fucking intense.

Then I found a Shroomish. Naturally, I caught it and named it Drome!

Those two are all I played with - all the way into Level 50+, while the rest of my team HM-slaved and festered.

Then I realized that I was challenging a Spychic gym at Mossdeep. ALL THOSE DEVIOUS GIRLS WERE GOING TO RAPE ME! D8 So I leveled Klael the Azumarill to ~45ish and proceeded to double battle. They were surprisingly difficult, but I had the 800 pokebucks Energy Roots which healed 200 health. Cheapass hyperpotionsubstituteftfw.

Blaze Kick + Surf + Sky Uppercut. OhKo'd everything in tandem. WHERE IS YOUR GOD, SPYCHICS?!

Then a lot of crap happened, and I caught Rayquaza with a Masterball and won.

But actually. It was a level 70 Rayquaza running Fly, ExtremeSpeed, Outrage (!!!!) and Dragon Dance (!!!!!!!!).

He Danced twice on the first poke of each Elite Four member and swept with Fly and Outrage.

Then he Danced twice before Wallace and swept THAT guy. And I was liek lulz.

5. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Wait did I misread something? I thought you weren't allowed to use legendaries on Nuzlocke Runs.

6. Lungs

High Score:
    You're not allowed to catch legendaries because they're in big caves with lots of beasties beforehand, and you're only allowed to catch your first poke.

So I spent ~40,000 on super repels. :3

7. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    ...No pokes on the way to Giratina in platinum :D Thanks Lungsy, I planned on KOing it.

8. Alindrome

Alindrome A bigger, darker mark DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Now that is commitment.

9. Tehlaziboi

Tehlaziboi Ninja Meido

So in my grindfest for the second gym, I got myself a metapod (Jarik), and a ekans (Moridin). Not the greatest of choices, especially since the pokemon that came after were a nincada and a mareep respectively.

But then I got lucky and found a Shinx. Hello Chaos 2.0 :awesome
    Also, I went into route "e" and caught myself a bronyta. Sup Aekiel?

Anyways I kept grinding all of my pokemon this time so all of my pokemon were at least level 20 by the time I started my gym battle. But then I came to a new problem.

Every single trainer in that gym used attract or had that ability that gave attract on being hit. Also, every single one of their pokemons were female. Since Vira was the only female on my team and apparently heterosexual, she was the only one really immune to what they did. None of my pokemon died but it was really irritating to finish each match.

Then came the gym leader.

Her Spinda wasn't much problem. Dizzy punch didn't do jack and Antivash rock smashed her to death. Minccino was a lot more annoying since she kept spamming sing and attract. Delcatty was the same but had the addition of fake out instead of pound.

All in all, it wasn't too bad. The problem was that I started fighting team magma after to get my pokenav. It was smooth sailing up until the last two fights where a koffing and voltorb self-destructed. Bye-bye Jarik and Moridin.

After beating Team Magma and finally getting a pokenav, I went into some weird ghost place where I caught myself a level 18 duskull and named her Ashaya. Went into a place called "Water Cave" and finally got myself a Vladbat. Outside in route "h" came Cottonee. Named her Irene because even if she evolved, she'd look under aged.

So current line-up:

Antivash the Grotle - level 23
    Chaos 2.0 the Luxio - level 22
    Zeitgeist the Ralts - level 17
    Vira the Ralts - level 17
    Ashaya the Duskull - Level 18
    Aekiel the Ponyta - Level 16

In Reserve:

Irene the Cottonee - level 10
    Vlad the Zubat - level 8

More KIA:
    Jarik the Butterfree - level 13
    Moridin the Ekans - level 19

10. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    RIP Syed, your death saved Serachin.

11. scaryisntit

scaryisntit Death Eater

Generally legendaries remove a significant part of the challenge, as in this case Lung's described.

Technically, you can't find wild Pokemon in the Distortion World so you will without fail find Giratina as the first Pokemon in that area. Up to you what rules you play with and whether you want to catch it or not.

12. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    RIP Serachin, you were the greatest Shinx of them all. Fucking crits :(

13. Striker

Striker What's up demons?

Today... there has been a great tragedy.

It all started in Bellsprout Tower. I spent a while training Gar up on the local shrubbery and their trainers, using his powerful tongue to my advantage. I had to take a few trips to the PokeCenter to stock up on more Lick PP (heh), but overall it was smooth sailing.

So I finally get to the elder, and at that point I'm not even giving the game my full attention. Half of it's with Gar and Panzer, and the other half is with whatever happened to be on the computer.

This is where things go downhill.

I send in Gar to take out the elder's first Bellsprout. One date rape combo later (Hypnosis/Lick) and I switched Gar out for Panzer to deal with the elder's Hoothoot. I turn my attention back to the computer, anticipating a steady stream of tackles ahead. The only thing I forgot? Hoothoot had a date rape moveset itself.

I look back at my DS and am shocked to see Panzer asleep and in the yellow. Unfortunately enough, I was out of potions and didn't have an awakening to speak of. I cross my fingers and choose tackle. Luckily enough, he wakes up like the boss he is and scores a critical hit- just in time to get pecked into an early grave.

The vengeance I enact with Bobble is swift and brutal. Gar handles the final Bellsprout, and I leave the tower in a dull shock. I contemplate, only once, reviving him with the black magicks the Nurse Joys offer at the Center; calling shenanigans and promising never to do it again.

But no. I wrap him in his leaf and drop him into the lake, allowing myself a moment of silence as my Ghastly envelopes me in an intensely creepy and yet comforting embrace.

Gar and I enter the gym with tears in our eyes and fire in our hearts. They never stood a chance.

[​IMG]
    Zephyr Badge - Obtained

14. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Vira the Budew was killed :(. I caught a fem zubat who is Vira V2 and shall become an awesome Crowbat. I also caught a fem geodude in Oreburgh gate who is known as Zeita.

Going to go troll the gym with Cals mach punch now :D

---------- Post automerged at 09:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

As I walk out of Oreburgh Gym I can't help but reflect on the bravery of Zeita, the most beautiful Geodude of them all. She sacrificed herself against Cranidos so I could heal Cals and finish the leader. RIP Zeita :( However as I walk to Route 7 to muse I find a level 6 fem Machop. Welcome to the team Mishie.

Current Team-
    Cals-17 Monferno
    Vira-10 Zubat
    Mishie-6 Machop

I just went through Route 204 to Floaroma Town, I rescued the honey guy and beat Team Galactic at the Windworks, nothing interesting happen. BUT on Route 205 I got lucky and found a pink male Shellos. I caught him and welcomed the newly named Gio to the team.

Oh once I got Vira to level 13 she wasn't useless anymore. Now that she has bite I have been raping everything. I will definitely solo the second gym with Vira alone, or it will die trying.

Current Team
    Vira[zubat]-15
    Mishie[Machop]-6
    Cals[Monferno]-19
    Gio[Shellos]-12

15. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I did some more grinding in the small patch of grass south of Violet while waiting for night to fall. Found a Rattata there, killed it because I didn’t want one, and was then swarmed with a herd of Mareep. :/

Once night fell, I went to Sprout Tower to get a Gastly. Found one, female, named her Anya. Anya turned out to be a badass and used her Hypnosis / Lick technique to troll the whole tower, with the help of Cheddar the Pidgey. My douchebag rival Klael showed up for a moment but he fled before I could rape him. Beat the head priest out of the Flash technique and am now on my way towards the first gym.

Current Team:
    Calz the Totodile, level 11,
    Kens the Geodude, level 11,
    Cheddar the Pidgey, level 11,
    Anya the Gastly, level 12.

16. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Vira you should be happy your namesake is now awesome.

17. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I am very happy, Lucky. Just be warned if this one dies too, I will have to take revenge.

Don't make me Lucky. Don't make me. ;_;

18. Lungs

High Score:
    H-her revenge. D8

/me looks at the scars on his back.

19. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Well I don't have to worry Vira just learned Wing Attack so that gym will be cake. Oh and now I probably won't have to sacrifice Mishie to heal any of my pokemanz so yay :D

20. Lungs

High Score:
    Your ideal in-game Pokemon team

Somewhat of a general question, but what would your ideal team be in-game?

Personally, I want a bulky Grass type that's capable of Sleep Powder and Leech Seed to do some heavy trolling - Venusaur is one of my favorite pokes in game, etc.

I want a versatile Spe. Atk sweeper - something capable of Ice Beam and Thunderbolt.

I want a focused physical Atker - something that can hit hard and just leave afterwards - Salamence, Slaking, etc.

I want a tank that's somewhat oblivious to damage - Slowbro, etc.

Of course, no team is complete without a full retard (usually hatched from an egg or something) and an HM slave. Lol.