1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

DLPhunt: A Mafia of Stars and Suckers | ExMods win

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Lungs, Feb 11, 2012.

1. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

As a random thought, is it guaranteed that nobody RNG'd as themselves? I just thought it would be funny and I don't recall if that was a definite truth.

2. Snowflake

Snowflake Guest

Oh, the game already started.

I don't really trust anyone yet so I'm going to wait a bit to put in my mayor vote.

3. Fishy Justice

Fishy Justice Fourth Year

I am leaning towards Aekiel.

I more-or-less agree with his little leader rant. While I don't think Gambit(or any other mayor) would be indecisive, I do believe there are certain benefits to a single person's intuition over the majority. If you want examples, go look at any of the 'judge' roles in previous games.

There is just something inherently good about a single person making the call. Being open to suggestions can be a good concept, if the individual in power has the ability to dissect arguments. But don't disregard intuition (unless you suck at it).

On the other hand, plurality could be a way to "keep tabs." Maybe.

4. Kensington

Kensington Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Fishy Justice, you're new - so you haven't learned the truth of Aekiel and mafia games. If Aekiel survives the first night, he's scum. Well, mostly.

That said, Aekiel can play a really good game of scum. I'd be scared to vote him into power.

5. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    /sigh

I'm never going to get beyond the first night death thing, am I? :p

Bloody games of werewolf.

6. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Fishy Justice is Sneakthief.

7. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The problem is there are zero candidates who, when scum, don't play a very persuasive elegant game. The only exceptions so far are Azira, who's play I find inconsistent and Gambit.. lol.

There are two things we want to be considering on this vote the Asylum power and the extra life.

The Asylum is the main focus of course, a game long roleblock if I understand it right. We can vote to free them of course but it goes without saying one key commitment could shift this game one way or the other. A commitment that will most likely be based on intuition.

The second part is that extra life. There are some very good players in this game who, if patterns hold, will either die in the first couple days or last right till endgame. We need to give serious consideration to who wants that extra life and who needs it.

I've got a good idea of where my vote will be headed but I'm waiting on some more postage to get a general feel for people.

8. Aekiel

High Score:
    Well, I'm all for guaranteeing myself to live through day one. Didn't work so well in HoT2, but c'est la vie.

9. Vesvius

Vesvius High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Alright, everyone. I am here and somewhat sober. So now I'm going to declare my intention of playing this game in the spirit it was created it.

So for my first question for mayor aptitude: AEKIEL? Do you deny that you are in fact a platypus? Speak the truth!

Seriously though, I'm going to try and take an easier approach to this game and post what my thoughts are without worry of being lynched for once. A novel approach, I'm sure, but one I'm that I'm sure will be rewarded, in my own laughter if nothing else.

First thought: Aekiel has yet to deny his platypushood, and my post has been live for more then a picosecond. I smell suspicion.

---------- Post automerged at 12:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 AM ----------

Second question: Seratin! Is it not true you refuse to evolve? Is this because you fear becoming an electrode is a sign of your self-destructive play style?

Question the Third: GAMBIT! Why the hell did you change your name? I barely know you anymore man!

Fourth Question: Who the fuck is Fishy Justice, and why haven't I heard of him before?

Oh, and I'd also like to declare my candidacy for mayor! I trust myself more then Smile or Aekiel, and I think I'd make a damn awesome mayor. Or at least, a passable one. Look at my track record! Sure, the town lost and I did nothing with the Hobo Box in Awesomafia, but at least I didn't contribute to the town's demise! I can promise that even if I fail as a mayor, it won't destroy the town.

WAT NAO?

10. Aekiel

High Score:
    I deny your accusation, sir! I am not a platypus, I am a flying squirrel!

---------- Post automerged at 05:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 AM ----------

I'm also a Lapras.

11. Vesvius

A squirrel? That's the second least trustworthy animal I know! After all, everyone knows that the only things squrrrel's cheeks are stuffed with is suspicion. Suspicion and seeds. Though I suppose that's two things. Flying just makes it worse.

12. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Didn't contribute? I have it on good authority a full quarter of the town died in the night after YOU let them into your house to 'visit'!

13. Vesvius

Sure, blame the guy who throws massive awesome parties in his house, not the guy who is named dhulli who sneaks in and throws a firebomb.

You're just jealous that you weren't invited.

Wait, you did die that night didn't you.

You're still jealous.

14. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

I like Vesvius' attitude. It is one that I've tried myself in many games. Keeping my vote on Taure for now, since he could poison my food.

Also, that party at your house was killer, Vesvius.

15. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm sure I want myself as mayor, but I'd probably trust Ves or Azi with it. Problem being that I don't know if they're clean.

I'd like to see Aekiel survive to tomorrow even if he's scum just because the poor guy always goes first.

16. Azira

Azira High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Why vote me, over these other worthy candidates you might ask.

I could tell you why each and every one of them isn't good for you, but I prefer presenting my own strengths rather than trying to win by default of trashing my other candidates, like some people here seem to be resorting to.

I will listen to town when it comes to using my power, but I will not guarantee to do what might seem to be the majority opinion. The reason to this is because scum can influence this game alot. A passive scum will almost never win the game, so they have to be active in thought and actions to win.

I will use my own judgement, taking into account all parameters and reading and rereading and rerereading the thread before using my power.

I know from previous games that the Mayor can be decisive if played well, and I plan to do that. I don't plan to act as if because I am Mayor, that I am the leader of the town. The Mayor, despite his name, is there to help guide the town and allow it that extra oomph needed to sometimes help it through a rough patch.

I promise I will be a great Mayor for town. So don't let the scum get one of their own elected.

Vote Aziraphale.

17. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

Hmm If I'm not going to be voting for myself for mayor, it'll definitely go to Azir or Aekiel. I liked Aekiel's little spiel, and he seems easy to read. But either way, mayor isn't THAT much of an important role. He just gets a life, and can send people to the crazy house every two days. While important, it is hardly game breaking. Either one who gets it though, will obviously be checked (eventually, as roles allow) So i'm not too worried about scum slipping in there :D

Also, I second the confusion :p Anyway, we have a mayor and lynch vote to do today, are we going to wait to lynch until after the mayor vote?

18. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Game has began, cool.

Mayor Vote, Mayor Vote ... dunno. Hi Vesvius, sorry for ruining the party in your house in the last game. T'was my idea to torch the place with everyone inside, so yeah. Worked pretty well though, didn't it?

Pokemanz IRC makes me want to vote for Aekiel, and that's as good a reason as any.

Mayor Vote: Aekiel

I demand you name something awesome after me, Aek.

19. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

I'm in a hurry, sooooo:

blah blah blah I don't trust any one of you guys.

blah blah blah I only trust myself.

blah blah blah I would never be voted for Mayor.

blah blah blah If I had to vote someone else, it would either be Aekiel or Gambit.

blah blah blah I'm not going to vote for now.

See in you a few hours.

20. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Okay then, the game is afoot. Right now my vote is leaning toward Aziraphale or Aekial, mostly because I trust them more than I do some of the other candidates at the moment having played well enough with them in the past.

That could of course bite me in the ass if they are scum, but I'm willing to take that chance for now and see how the game plays out.

As a general head's up, I won't be responding to the first several hours of action each night as I'm usually offline by 7 PM EST and then not back on until about now, 7 AM EST.

Okay, after a seeing Republic's vote up there, I think that puts Aekial in the lead.

Mayor Vote: Aekiel.