1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

DLPhunt: A Mafia of Stars and Suckers | ExMods win

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Lungs, Feb 11, 2012.

1. LochNess

LochNess Third Year DLP Supporter

Just woke up and found this up and running!

I was thinking about voting for Aziraphale, but reading his last post made me a little doubtful. Maybe because I automatically over read all of the posts, but what he said just seems like something I would say if I was scum. The whole, I will listen to the town but not necessarily do what they want me to. Of course, its true that scum could lead the town, and what he says is true, but it just seems like an easy out for his decisions later. Maybe I am reading too much into it.

I'm gonna think on this a bit and decide to go with my initial feelings or my paranoia.

2. Mishie

Mishie Fat Dog

For me, it's down to either Aziraphale and Aekiel, and in all honesty, I'm finding Azira to be more trustworthy that Aekiel. As such, since I'm going to go to sleep soon:
    Vote Player: Aziraphale.

3. Azira

Azira High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

If I was scum I really wouldn't say what I did. Why ever put the doubt in towns mind that I would renege on popular opinion in the first place, and not just do it in the spur of the moment and blame some inane bullshit for it?

Scum like to act like they'll do whatever town says is what they'll do, but at the last moment they go back on that and fuck you over. It doesn't make much sense for me to say that in my first post if I am indeed scum.

Of course, I would also be making this post to say that so...

Once you go into the "double cross" "triple cross" scenarios you can always say BUT HE KNEW I WOULD SAY THAT and it never ends, so you need to make a decision.

---------- Post automerged at 04:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 PM ----------

And why would you want to vote for me after my first post but not my second one? I said literally nothing in my first one, apart from Vote for me. Seems weird.

4. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    My original reason for voting Taure was because, in fairness, he couldn't be scum again could he? Then again, RNG has fucked me over so many times in the last 24 hours I don't trust the hax gods anymore.

I'm changing my vote to Aekiel because I legit don't trust Azira and Aekiel seems to be a good candidate.

Vote mayor: Aekiel.

5. Azira

I think you have no idea how probability works, but okay.

6. Jangel

Jangel Earl of Someshit

Azira seems a decent bet. Good enough to be helpful, transparent enough to not be overly harmful if scum.

Vote mayor: Aziraphale

7. Vesvius

Vesvius High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

I think we're all overlooking the obvious choice. I mean, I'm both Batman and Minsc. That has to count for something, right?

Vote Mayor: Vesvius

8. Snowflake

Snowflake Guest

I'm not really sure about the candidates, but if it's between Aekiel and Aziraphale I'd rather vote for Aekiel. Sorry Aziraphale, but you always come off as scum to me for some reason. :/

I can't really metagame as well as someone who has played a lot of games, so I don't think I'm going to put in a mayor vote until tomorrow. I would pretty much only trust myself to be mayor at this point, but that obviously won't happen. I'm going to wait for more posts.

9. LochNess

LochNess Third Year DLP Supporter

I think originally I wanted you because even though last game we were scum, you were on my team so I automatically have this thing where when I see you, I think, he's on my side. Which is obviously not a good thing to go by, I guess I need to really sort out my metagaming.

Anyway, you're right that if I keep overthinking things and going back and forht it won't get me anywhere so for now I will give you the benfit of the doubt:

Mayor Vote: Aziraphale

10. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Hmmm. Choices, choices.. Aekiel/Azira the Mayor will get an unusual amount of scrutiny do you feel like the Mayor's abilities synergize with you own AND are you confident enough to play your role and Mayor separately so as to not give clues to The Vesvius?

11. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

Azira always seems like scum to me. Something about him just always screams EVIL. And to be fair, he IS scum quite often.

Aekiel is fairly readable, and not terribly tricky. Also, he isn't Azira ;P

So, I'll switch my vote to one of the two main candidates (the only candidate of the two that I like)

rescind vote
    Mayor vote: Aekiel

12. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

I'm suspicious of both the two main candidates. I didn't like their "campaign" at all, not even Aekiel's, which had looked normal on the first skim-through. I found it scummy while rereading it, instead. It's only been the usual "odd vibe from their posts" for now, but if I don't trust that, what else do I have at the beginning of the game? I don't like to metagame, which is hilarious since this is Metamafia after all.

Voting Taure would be slightly better, but mostly because he has tried less (or less hard). I'm not going to do it for now, though.

13. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Maybe it's because I've never actively campaigned for Mayorship before? The last (and only, iirc) time I threw my hat in the ring was because I was so fed up with everyone else arguing. Could be that my acting differently to normal has thrown off your scumdar. Also, remember your ranting in your qt over my possible guilt in the first Dresdenmafia. :p

I do believe my role synergises well with the Mayor position, but I obviously can't roleclaim at this stage to prove it. For now I'll simply say that I think I could do well as the Mayor, and that my role would only help to boost that.

14. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    So it looks like the Mayor Taure bandwagon has died an early death.

Since that is the case, I shall recast my vote.

Rescind vote.

At this stage, I'm in tune with those saying "anyone but Azira". So...

Mayor vote: Aekiel.

15. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

Yeah... you always sounded scummy to me, in all the games I played, and this one isn't any different at the moment. But, my opinion on you and your role has been based on always different reasons (now too), so it's not like the problem is how you post in general. This:
    doesn't apply.

16. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Fair enough. I can't disprove you without it being hilariously anti-town at this point, so all I can is that I'm a town role that would work well with being Mayor.

17. Azira

I think that I am primely poised to take full advantage of being the Mayor.

I honestly think town will be making a big mistake in not voting me in as Mayor, which is why im pushing hard for it.

Can you think of a scum that would benefit so much from this that they would very actively campaign to get it? I really don't, which is why I wouldn't be unhappy with Aekiel as Mayor. I think he's town, but I think I am in a better position to serve as Mayor.

18. Jangel

Jangel Earl of Someshit

This is a bit lol, for me, claiming superiority over everyone with no explanation.

As has been said, not much between them.

19. Fishy Justice

Fishy Justice Fourth Year

Lungs ninja'd you(and me), but if you're still confused I added it to my signature. If you haven't heard of me it's because I sneaked...and thieved.

Mayor Vote: Aekiel
    I have taken Kens advice to heart and, despite it's infallible logic, I have decided I am an idiot. (and I want 24 hours to lynch someone)

Also he kinda started a conversation, or tried to.

20. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Rescind Mayor Vote

Mayor Vote Aziraphale

I feel bad for Aekiel, but not so bad as to vote for him, and Jew solidarity. So I'll vote Azira.