1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

DLPhunt: A Mafia of Stars and Suckers | ExMods win

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Lungs, Feb 11, 2012.

1. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Reading through everything up until now, I'm not getting a scum vibe off either Aekiel/Azira or their vocal supporters. It could be scum doens't have anyone personable enough to pull of a mayoral win, or they could want to try something new.

That said I've had more experience playing with Aekiel then Azira so..

Mayoral Vote: Aekiel

2. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    [Mayor Vote]

Note: I am sorry I never clarified this, but this is a Plurality Vote rather than a Majority Vote (it makes far more sense, etc).

Azira - 3 || Azira, Jangel, Gambit
    Aekiel - 12 || Aekiel, Republic, Zenzao, Seratin, Ashaya, Taure, Fishy Justice, Kensington, SmileofTheKill, Snowflake, Kalas, Fenraellis
    Vesvius - 1 || Vesvius
    Taure - 1 || Stojil

No Vote Yet
    - 3: jwlk, LochNess, Mishie

As of now, Aekiel will get the Mayorship at the end of Day 1. Remember, you may lynch today!

Last edited: Feb 12, 2012
  3. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Okay, so it looks like I'm a pretty sure win at this point, so now we need to get onto the idea of lynching. By my clock we've got just over 6 hours left, unless first day gets an extension after the Mayor vote's done, so this will necessarily have to be a quick one.

So who do we lynch? Aziraphale basically imploded, but several people have said that he reads like town (if desperate town), and I think I'd agree with them. Mishie looked kind of off in his support of Aziraphale, but then again we're working on first day impressions here, so it may be that he basically picked him out at random. Ashaya looked a bit scummy with her somewhat baseless support of me, but her explanation is sound enough to make me think she thought about it in that way. Lastly, Gambit set me off with his deadline post, but as I said earlier, there's no good way to say that.

So really, I don't have much of an idea on who to lynch. Nobody else is standing out as particularly scummy, and it has to be remembered that there are no role reveals from lynching, as opposed to Asylum Killing.

4. LochNess

LochNess Third Year DLP Supporter

Yeah guys, just looking if it's a 48 hour day, don't we only have like 7 hours to make a lynch?

Unless you guys want a no lynch.. but for now I'll start the lynch voting:

Vote Player: Vesvius

He is posting and his post count isn't low but the posts he makes are not helping this game

5. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    There's no real reasons to support one lynch over another at this point in the game. That said, I'm suspicious of Mishie. I played with him in DE2: The clusterfuck and I think I've got a fairly good read on how he acts when he's scum. Though to be fair, he could probably say the same of me.

6. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

We definitely need an extension... I was under the impression the mayor debate needs to be settled first. Besides, we have extra stuff to do day 1, D1 should always be longer then the subsequent days

7. Kensington

Kensington Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Has any scum successfully use trolling as a strategy to make people think he's too crazy to be scum?

I'm looking at Republic21's poetry of crap, and my first thought is lynch the troller. But, then I think if he was scum, he wouldn't want to provoke the people into lynching him. But then, I ponder if he is playing the jester, making himself such an obvious target that people won't target him.

In short, I'm highly considering lynching Republic21.

8. Azira

Azira High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

To be fair from my experience with Republic he posts like a retard when he's scum (from Awesomefia), making alot of unnecessary posts. A point to consider.

9. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Remember, Day Ends in 6 hours and around 45 minutes.

If there is no lynch, town will have to rely on the Klackerz Lynch.

the Klackerz

• If the lynch vote is deadlocked or no-lynch, you may determine the lynch target.
    the Vira

• Outrage: Once during the game, you can direct the Klackerz kill to someone else.

10. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Defending my shitty Haiku is not something I'll do (because it's bad, I would if it were good).

Azira, did you bother to check the other games I've played? To double-check if I always post like that, or just when I'm scum?
    Also, fuck you.

---------- Post automerged at 02:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 PM ----------

Edit: You do not want me to get lynched. You think you do, but you really don't.

11. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    First Azira and now Republic say that.

Azira played himself up during D1 and, IIRC, turned out to be an important role in the Merlin, but I haven't really kept up with what other roles he has turned out to be or played enough to get a read on if he is always like this or just trying to cash in on former potential to keep us from suspecting him as scum.

He said after that game that he dropped some pretty heavy hints all throughout, so for the moment I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Republic on the other hand, I have no read on at all. And with less than seven hours of time left, no matter what, this lynch is likely to be harried and a matter of guesses. On a side note, twice now LochNess has buggered up her posting process regarding a vote. It's Lynch Vote:, not Vote Player:, so keep that in mind guys.

12. Koalas

High Score:
    Honestly, with such a Town-friendly mechanic as the Asylum I'm conifedent in saying we shouldn't lynch for the sake of a lynch.

That said, Vesvius. You are way to flippant, especially compared to past games Day 1. I know you said you were trying something new but there is a limit.

13. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

Just sayin', 11 other people did the EXACT same thing, and I don't see anyone bringing that up.

Anyway, I do think that perhaps a no lynch isn't a bad idea in this game. We DO have the asylum, after all. However, if someone can suggest a viable lynch target that I agree with, I will vote.

Honestly, I'm trying to think of people who I am suspicious of enough off the top of my head, and I'm not coming up with anyone. Well, mishie, but I doubt he'd be THAT obvious.

14. Aekiel

High Score:
    It's probably just because Mishie/Aziraphale brought it up earlier that it stuck in my mind, and as I said, your reasoning seemed sound to me. If I had to put the people I listed in a scum list, Mishie would probably be top, followed by Aziraphale, then Gambit, then Ashaya. Maybe with the last two being interchangeable.

So really, less a scum list and more a 'to be watched' list.

15. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

Unless you think the Klackers will not act in case of a no lynch, then the point is moot or close to moot, anyway. Yes, there will be (almost) no chance for him/her to be influenced by scum (unlike a bandwagon lynch), but his/her kill will be 90% a "lynch for the sake of a lynch" as well.

Either way, discussion is needed.

Speaking of which, Kalas, can you tell me your reasoning for voting for Aekiel?

16. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

No one remembers me. Or my ideas. :l
    But yes, I believe a town decision on the lynch would be better then klackerz killing a random person. We'll have more to.go off of later on, I think its better for town in general, and someone will die tonight anyway :/

17. Koalas

High Score:
    There isn't much to it. Despite being a plurality vote I did want to get my vote in. Between the two I feel Aekiel has the more experience and ability to use the mayoral powers effeciently. Additionally I had four days of a personal QT in D2 so, like Vesvius in Awesomfia, I feel like I have something of a (town) read on him.

18. Aekiel

High Score:
    Sorry jwlk, my mistake.

19. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

I'm uncertain whether to lynch-vote you or not. It will be probably pointless seeing as day will be over in 3 hours. Might as well explain why, though, also because it could (hopefully) sway others away from Aekiel's Mayor bandwagon.

These are your posts about the Mayor election. The first one was great, very town... if only you had backed it up.

Instead, in the next posts, you pretty much disregarded all you had said and chose your Mayor for almost unrelated reasons. You partially recovered with the very first quote of this post (which is your last answer to my direct question), but I still find it lacking.

The thing that baffles me most is how you mentioned (and rightly so) the extra life of the Mayor as a factor to think about in the election and then voted for Aekiel... but you never used the former as a reason for the latter!

With Aekiel's history, mentioned in this thread as well, it just seems sooooo scummy. It makes me think you're not worried about scum ganking him on night 1. And why would that be so, if not because you are a member of the night killing faction of this game?

The same sort of applies to Aekiel too. He barely mentioned this in his Mayor campaign, while I think it could have been one of his best selling points.

So:

Deadline Lynch Vote: Kalas

Because it can't really hurt. I doubt enough people will vote for you, since, admittedly, it's not like my reasoning is the most solid of all time. But it's not bad for a Day 1 and not stupid as far as I can see, and it's the best I have (and can post).

But, anyway, the most important thing I want to accomplish with this post is about the Mayor election. I fear Aekiel is scum and I feel terribly uneasy in giving him more power. So, even though it hurts me to do this because I'm VERY wary of Azira as well:

Rescind Mayor Vote

Mayor Vote: Aziraphale

If there was another viable candidate, I would pick him/her, but at the moment, after Aekiel who I believe is scum and Aziraphale who I suspect is as well, there doesn't seem to be any (damn your disappearance, Taure).

20. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

Well, there are three hours left, and I doubt anything else will come up, I doubt it will amount to anything, but

Deadline Lynch Vote: Kalas

I found Stojil's reasoning more compelling then "Bad poetry"