1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Harry Potter and the Boy Who Lived by The Santi - M

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by ulkser, Sep 11, 2009.

Not open for further replies.
  1. cenares

cenares Fourth Year

Actually I would argue that wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing. It might in fact be the beginning of something great. It would mean he would probably have to go back and prevent what ever caused the block to form. Which would almost certainly mean a rewrite of the last chapter, possibly even the chapter before that. The chapters really do need to be polished, but a complete overhaul would be nice. Of course the trade off would be time till update.

I still have faith that he can still continue to write a great story with the plot line he has set down, but I still think he could have made an even greater story with Harry in the tournament.

2. Xantam

Xantam Denarii Host

Do you even look at the things you post?

3. T3t

T3t Purple Beast of DLP ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm pretty sure that Harry not being in the tournament was part of the story outline from the start. Fat chance of that changing.

4. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    What T3t said was truth. Harry not being in the tournament was planned from the start. Word of Author.

5. sirius009

sirius009 Minister of Magic

So what you're essentially saying is that Santi should re-write the last 2 chapters because the story didn't go in the direction you expected it to? Yeah, that makes sense. Writer's block happens, I doubt Santi was sitting at his computer, drawing a blank, saying to himself "if I only I'd made Harry the Durmstrang champion.."

6. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Didn't we go through this whole fucking song and dance once already?

7. mmsbddvr

mmsbddvr Muggle

I think Harry would be Krum's prisoner, but wakes up before they reach surface, uses magic and creates a whole new kettle of fish. Also Skeeter badmouths Harry, gets what she deserves, and Kira disappear from the plot for some time after being dump by Krum. Krum asks Hermione out as friends, and is less close to her then canon. Fleur gets into a fight with Calypso. Maybe one of her "oh this place is so horrible lines"? Karkaroff runs off at the end of year, Rosier takes over Dumstrang.

Lurking is fun you should totally try it. =)

8. Barzûl

Barzûl Seventh Year DLP Supporter

I have a feeling, that Kira is going to dumped by Krum soon only to reappear later.

9. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    This ... this is interesting. I hadn't thought of it, but what happens after fourth year and Karkaroff goes bye bye?
    I find Rosier's role in the story annoying. But him taking over as Highmaster of the school would give many a chance for drama and action.

10. Greener

Greener Sixth Year

It would also give his parents a very powerful reason to pull him out of Durmstrang - which is what I'm rooting for (want to see Harry vs Umbridge, esp if she insists on him taking 5th year because he hasn't taken his OWLs); though having him back at Durmstrang would give a unique perspective on Voldemort's influence in another country/enviroment. I would expect the recruiting would be more blatent outside of Dumbledore's purvue... but not every family would want to hop on the bandwagon, esp if their country's not in immediate danger.

Going back to the tasks, Harry as Krum's hostage didn't really occur to me, though I had been wondering if he'd end up enchanting the broom that Krum gave him with anti-dragon measures. Santi has shown that he likes to roughly follow canon events with his own slant; so it would fit, and let Harry show off some of his skills.

11. 4arms

4arms Second Year

Harry or Hermoine might be Krum's prisoners......also harry might use aquas eructo when he realises that Nathan is drowning or something

12. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

Correct me if my understanding of the Aqua Eructo is wrong but are you suggesting that, in the event that Nathan is drowning, Harry should use an advanced water conjuring spell?

13. Tareth

Tareth Squib

When Karkaroff goes bye bye as you say, there's no (or little) chance that Rosier would become the Highmaster.

1. He has been teaching here for only two years.
    2. The Assistant to the Highmaster probably will become Highmaster, as he's probably the man most qualified for the job.
    3. If a teacher was to become the next Highmaster, it'd probably be the Charms or Transfiguration teacher, as they've taught more at Durmstrang, more trustworthy perhaps?
    4. He was a Death Eater. Doubt anybody would want a Death Eater to be chosen as Highmaster.

14. Mage

Mage Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

What makes everyone think Karkaroff is going to leave? I doubt that events will play out the same as canon, and as such there might be no reason for him to run away.

15. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    If Voldemort does return it isn't likely James and Lily will allow Harry to stay at Durmstrang. The school was run by a former Death Eater and Voldemort has just come back to life so...

16. Greener

Greener Sixth Year

Well, Kosarev did say that Harry was just scrapping the surface of what Aqua Eructo is capable of...

Fiendfire summons fire and if the caster is strong enough they can control it too; Eructo is the only spell capable of holding it back, so it could also be considered a high-level elemental spell. Who's to say that a skilled caster couldn't wield it to control water as well?

17. sirius009

sirius009 Minister of Magic

Karkaroff was a Death Eater and he's Highmaster.

18. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    You think the Santi will stop copy pasting canon when it comes to Har-, I mean Nathan's time in Hogwarts? Hopefully. Don't know how long he can keep doing it.

19. cenares

cenares Fourth Year

Oh, I know that it was set in the outline from the start, but Ser Atin Chin was talking about if Santi had hit a writers block from the bad reviews of the last two chapters. I just suggested that if that was the case going back and polishing or rewriting the entire the thing over might be cure for the writers block. As it would remove the sting from the bad reviews from the previous chapters.

No, I'm saying that if Santi does now have writers block that it would be a good idea to go back and look at what he has written and either rewrite it or polish it up. After all the way Ser Atin Chin phrased it, it would be the negative reviews of the last few chapters that caused it. All of those can be fixed with some polishing or a rewrite.

Come on Ellisande, this thread has been boring for the last week, some controversy, even old controversy, is better than nothing.

I generally give my stuff a once over for proofreading. :rolleyes:

Now on subject, it is highly doubtful that Rosier is going to become Highmaster. As I doubt the school board, or Dumbledore for that matter, would ever allow it.

Along with that I'm not sure Rosier even has the kind of connections to get him into the running for the job anyway. We know he has influence with Karkaroff, because of straight blackmail, but we really don't know what kind of influence or connections he has with the school beyond that.

Even assuming Rosier has connection with the school board, it is unlikely that he has more pull than Dumbledore in that matter. Dumbledore is of course going to want to know who and possibly influence the next Highmaster.

---------- Post automerged at 08:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 PM ----------

The only reason he is still the Highmaster and possibly one of the reason Dumbledore allowed him to become Highmaster is that Dumbledore has him by the balls. Which means Dumbledore by allowing Karkaroff to become Highmaster has gained a very real foothold inside Durmstrang. Without, I might add, anyone really knowing that he has that kind of influence with in Durmstrang.

20. 4arms

4arms Second Year

Rosire won't become Headmaster after Karkaroff, simply because everyone thinks that he is dead.

Sorry for the wrong spelling of the spell, haven't checked it for a long time....What I meant was that Harry might have a better control over water spells or he might have done more then just scrap the surface.

Not open for further replies.