1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Harry Potter and the Boy Who Lived by The Santi - M

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by ulkser, Sep 11, 2009.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

@Cenares -- You have mentioned a few times now that Santi could stand to go back and "polish up" his chapters...

This is WbA man. It's like a final draft. You post here to get feedback so that you can finalize the version.

The thread has been "boring" for the last week or so? It should be boring if we don't have anything to talk about. Old controversy that has been gone over numerous times is not better than nothing.

You = irksome. In this thread at least.

2. Tareth

Tareth Squib

Oh yeah. Didn't think about that. My fault. That does bring up something though. WHy was Karkaroff allowed to be High Master in canon? Using evidence from book, not assumptions.

But that and the fact he's been a teacher here for only a couple of years and there are potentially better choices than Rosier.

And in response to 4arms, everyone at Durmstrang knows that he's not dead. He's a teacher there, and everyone seems to know that he is a Rosier

3. thebrute7

thebrute7 High Inquisitor

For the same reason that Lucius and Macnair and all those other Death Eaters weren't thrown in Azkaban after the war and remained influential despite their previous attachments. Talk about stupid questions.

4. sirius009

sirius009 Minister of Magic

The difference between Malfoy and Karkoff is that Malfoy claimed he was under the Imperius and bought his freedom while, as far as I can tell, Karkoff just gave up a bunch of names and never denied he was a Death Eater.

5. cenares

cenares Fourth Year

Yet if you read his thread you will end up reading the same chapter twice. Because he has rewritten and than reupload chapters before. There are quite a few version of chapters out there and that's probably because he was still working out the kinks to make it perfect.

WbA, in my opinion, is more about a group of people who tear apart your fanfiction till it's good. Which ultimately leads to rewriting and than to a final draft. That and a group of trolls trolling each other.

6. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I hope to god the WBA doesn't ever become that. (The bolded part mostly)

There's also the point that just because some people dislike a sudden plot direction doesn't automatically mean that the overall plot is flawed. Lets at least see some more of Fourth Year before we decry it?

So much this.

I think the more important point here is that if The_Santi is going to be doing some writing, I want to read new chapters of the story, not slightly changed versions of the current chapters.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2012
  7. Ched

o_O: Clicks "View more posts by cenares"... sees all posts in this thread. Have you looked at the rest of the forum at all man? Hah.

Karkaroff is Highmaster in canon because he gave evidence against a bunch of other Death Eaters if I recall correctly.

I've been sort of assuming that Karkaroff will survive this year, but in hindsight that is stupid. If he does die like he did in canon, what do you guys think the chances are that Rosier will succeed him as Highmaster? To the best of my recollection we don't know who took over in canon after Igor died.

Viktor will graduate after this year too -- I wouldn't be too surprised if we see another character enter the story more prominently at that point to prevent lessening the pool of regular characters by too much.

Interesting ^^

8. sirius009

sirius009 Minister of Magic

I'm not sure we'll see another character take a prominent role in this story simply because we haven't really seen any "minor characters" that could fit into the story, (besides Kira, and I highly doubt we'll see a more developed Kira). Honestly if I were to guess I'd say something happens to Viktor this year; I wouldn't put it past Santi to kill or maim Krum as a way to cause trauma to Harry.

9. cenares

cenares Fourth Year

No Karkaroff is out of prison because he gave up evidence on a bunch of Death Eaters. He is Highmaster because he has connection and the Great Dumbledore decided it would be a good idea for him to have the job
    In other words Dumbledore has a lot power. He has more power, connections, and knowledge than anyone else in the wizarding world. He uses it to direct the wizarding world. If Dumbledore doesn't want Rosier to have the job, than Rosier won't have the job. Period. Dumbledore isn't a god, but he is by far the most powerful person that we know of in the wizarding world.

10. Ched

Yes -- I don't know why I said that was the reason Karkaroff was Highmaster. That was 100% idiotic on my part, as I knew it wasn't (and it doesn't make sense). I gave his reason for getting out of prison as you say.

However your quotes are from BWL whereas I believe the original question was about canon. I'm not sure we know how Karkaroff ended up as Highmaster in canon, do we? In which case the BWL explanation makes as much sense as any.

11. cenares

cenares Fourth Year

This might be somewhat ambiguous as it was more of a question of what would happen and who would become Highmaster when Karkaroff leaves. Leaving being what were expecting to happen because of canon. Really not that big of an issue, so I'm going to let it go.
    This wasn't very nice though, trying to win an argument by assassinating my character. Good strategy, but not nice at all. I do in fact visit the rest of the site. I found this site several years before this story started. I just used this site as a tool, a jumping off point for good stories. Santi made me rejoin and and start posting instead of lurking. I don't particular like the green and white so I prefer to read on fanfiction.net. Easier on the eyes.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2012
  12. Ched

Wasn't trying to use it to win the argument man, just pointing it out (it did make me laugh).

This has all led me to being rather curious about fifth year now. Karkaroff and Krum both potentially leaving the main part of the story could really shake things up.

What else happened in Book 4 with regards to characters? Voldemort's resurrection. Fake!Moody. Snape returned to spying (and in this fic he's close to some of the Potters, so something will be different there).

Ah, excitements.

13. Alive and Free

Alive and Free Groundskeeper

I'm interested to see how Nathan's occlumency lessons play out.

14. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Well, with the rarity of the books on the subject...

Yeah, sorry.

15. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

Where that joke/meme stem from again? I was even there when it occured but I can't remember the how or why.

16. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    And this pretty much the only time this statement has ever been used legitimately.

17. wolf550e

wolf550e High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

18. cenares

cenares Fourth Year

Harry(Nathan) got his first peak into Dumbledore's Pensieve. Cho Chang definitely happened in a big way. Assuming of course that Nathan is well endowed or else Cho Chang might have only happened in a small way:). Dobby makes a reappearance with Winky. The only other thing I can think of was the Dark Lord torturing poor Bertha Jorkins to death. I suppose those "Potter Stinks" badges might make a return. Which might be interesting given that Harry and his family are going to be around during this semester.

19. Kthr

Kthr Unspeakable DLP Supporter

20. Rache

Rache Headmaster

I don't think Harry will sit back and allow Draco Malfoy and Rita Skeeter badmouth the Potter family.Instead of Moody,it would be awesome if Harry turns Malfoy into a ferret when he tries to curse Nathan.As for Rita Skeeter,there is the mauraders map.

Not open for further replies.