1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Official DLP Nuzlocke Run

Discussion in 'Pokémon' started by Mindless, Jul 24, 2010.

1. Otters

Otters Groundskeeper ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    For the sole reason of naming a Gyarados Kang, I'm beginning a Nuzlocke. Expect debauchery, racism, and casual violence.

Edit: Anyone else who wants to call dibs on a species of Pokemon, do so, and I shall do my utmost to catch one within the bounds of the challenge. This shall be recorded in glorious form.

2. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Yo other alec, what game are you using?

3. Otters

Otters Groundskeeper ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Fire Red by way of emulator.

Pick my starter and I'll name it Gambit. I got impatient, rolled a die, got 3/6 = 2/3 = Svirtl

Last edited: Feb 29, 2012
  4. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Seratin the eventual crobat.

5. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    K guys. Starting my HeartGold run today, since I"m sick as fuck all and I can barely think in terms of mafi-

OH FUCK. I'm starting a game today. Looks like it was a false start to HeartGold.

Should I name my starter Lutris as usual?

6. Poytin

Poytin The Arby's Hipster DLP Supporter

I would like to be something other than the Ponyta I've seemingly been pigeonholed as.

7. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

You can be Pidgey in my game. Which means you get put in the box instantly, pretty much. :(

8. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Really? I usually use my Pidgey all the way to the E4.

Crystal is going good, can't remember where to get that fucking Squirtbottle/trigger shit going down at the radio tower though.

9. redshell

redshell Order Member

Squirt Bottle is acquired from the Flower House, should be the second house to the right of the Goldenrod Gym.

As far as naming a Pokemon after me... Redshell the Gengar, if you can. If not, I'll settle for a boxed Haunter/Ghastly.

10. Thaumologist

Thaumologist Fifth Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    So I was wondering if anyone knew about shinies and hatching?
    If I have an egg, does the value that decides shiny or not get assigned when I get the egg, or when it hatches?

11. Alindrome

Alindrome A bigger, darker mark DLP Supporter Retired Staff

When you get the egg.

12. Thaumologist

Thaumologist Fifth Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Bugger. There goes my plan.

Thanks anyhoo.

13. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    I started a Nuzlocke on Platnium, chose Chimchar as my starter. It was female with an impish nature, I named it Drome. I defeated my rival quickly, and starting heading to Sandgem after a brief adventure with my rival Khalil at Lake Verity. I afterwards head to Sandgem to thank Professor Rowan for Drome, but when I get there he offers me a task of filling a pokedex which I quickly accept. I defeated a bunch of trainers on the way to Ravaged Path, none of which were notable enough to remember. At Ravaged Path I caught a Psyduck which I named Lutris, he has a bold nature and the ability damp. I am now on Route 201 training Lutris.

I went towards Oreburgh and avoided the trainers, planning to battle them after I caught a Zubat. As luck would have it I did catch one at the Oreburgh Gate, a level 5 male Zubat with a modest nature. I named him Vladiator and am now heading to the poke center to heal up. Anways Anya was sacrificed to make sure I could defeat my rival. She was replaced quickly though because on Route 203 I caught another fem Starly which I named Syed. Now with Drome, Lutris, and Vladiator I shall go acquire my first gym badge.

Current Team
    Drome the Chimchar Level 11
    Lutris the Psyduck Level 8
    Vladiator the Zubat Level 5

Boxed
    Syed the Starly Level 5

RIP
    Anya the Starly Level 4

Last edited: Mar 4, 2012
  14. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

So is this no longer a thing? I might pick my HG run back up, never actually deleted it. I'm bored and continuing to be so will push me to doing something tragic like writing again and we can't have that.

15. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I'm still doing my HG run and I'm stuck with no badges in Kanto because I'm trying to kill every other trainer first.

It's slow progress. :p

16. Striker

Striker What's up demons?

Currently training up my team so they can take the Kanto gym leaders. They've been left to the back burner in favor of blowing through things with Albus the overpowered Dragonite. To give you an idea of just how overpowered he is, he's a level away from learning Outrage. As a Dragonite. Shit.

So yeah. Training. I'm also on the lookout for a sixth team member to replace my generally useless Snorlax. Just caught the pre-evo of Claydol, so we'll see how that works out. I've been needing a poke that can learn Earthquake ever since my Miltank died, so I'm feeling optimistic.

I'll keep y'all posted.

17. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Right, so I paused the epic journey of Pokemon Trainer Clint (the most badass name there is, yo) weeks ago right outside of Goldenrod City. Picked back up yesterday.

Decided not to trade for Machop even though I did get a Drowzee on the route below town. I'm being fairly strict about the one Pokemon per location deal, so no ingame trading in the place I'm going to be getting Eevee from. I just grabbed a couple of X Attacks from the Department Store and headed for the gym instead. Easy going throughout for Gallstone the Geodude.

Whitney goes down without much trouble, surprisingly. Boosted attack with the mentioned items on her Clefairy as she wasted time with Doubleslap and then put it down with Magnitude. Miltank annoys me a bit with Attract and Stomp, but a couple of Magnitude 8's put the cow out to pasture.

Heading north towards Ecruteak, I grab a Female Nidoran named Princess because I couldn't think of anything better. Into the National Park to try my hand at the Bug Catching Contest. Now, I'm going to be upfront and say that I treat this contest like the Safari Zone, considering that you're 'supposed' to be going for the strongest Pokemon possible. Ignoring a couple of Caterpies lands me in an encounter with what I was hoping to get out of this whole deal. Sasuke the Scyther joins up, and with an attack boosting Nature no less. Swarm ability kinda sucks though, I wanted Technician. I take a few minutes to train Sasuke up so that he can kill his bro...serve my fucking team.

East into the next route, decide not to bother actually catching Sudowoodo and instead head into the grass. This time I get a Male Nidoran, named Rat King.

Ecruteak, beat down Slapass the Rival (it occured to me later that I should have named him An Hero, will keep that in mind for a later run) with a combination of Sasuke and Lamb Chop the Flaaffy, Pete Gas the Koffing gets caught in the basement. Meet Bill, head back to Goldenrod to grab Cassandra the Soon To Be Espeon, who is nice enough to have been born with a Sp. Atk boosting Nature (having awesome luck with that now after having some shitty luck early on - my Flaaffy has a bad Nature).

Now I head down into Ilex Forest after putting a Soothe Bell on Cassandra so that I can teach her Headbutt. Do that, and head down into Azalea Town looking for a fishing spot so I can grab Magikarp. Trying to get that and Krabby into the Dex early so I can have a try at getting Chinchou in awhile. Yes, I'm using the No Repeats rule. I might not bother doing this anyway though, depends on mood. With 7% odds it might take me awhile to fish up Chinchou with the Good Rod and it sorta feels like cheating to abuse the No Repeats rule like so.

Anyway, on that topic. Y'all are going to think I'm a cheater regardless for what happens now. I'm not, just had the most epic stroke of random luck in Nuzlocke history. Maybe not, but still incredible.

No fishing spots in Bugsy's shitty town so I decide to headbutt a tree on a whim, because my life wouldn't be complete without a Weedle or whatever.

First smack of the bark, down comes a FUCKING HERACROSS.

At level four, can still be easily KO'ed and I kick myself for overwriting Sasuke's False Swipe with Wing Attack. Paralyze it with Lamb Chop's Thunder Wave and switch in my level 5 Eevee and pray nothing bad happens. Heracross Leers at her on the switch turn. I headbutt and flinch it on the second and switch over to Sasuke to throw balls. A couple of Great Balls later and I have Tsunade the Heracross. Later, Sasuke. Not room for two Bug types on my team. I was planning to make Scyther a permanent member of the team, but plans change when awesome shit happens to happen.

So yeah, fuck yeah I have my Fighting type a lot earlier than I figured I'd get one. Now to very carefully train it up from level four. I'll be having to evolve and train Espeon as well so I figure I'll be busy for a spell before fighting Morty.

I wish my Heracross had been male so that I could name it Itachi and dump Sasuke for his better bug-type replacement.

The A-Team

Zeromus the Quilava, Level 22
    Lamb Chop the Flaaffy, Level 22
    Gallstone the Geodude, Level 24
    Cassandra the Eevee, Level 5
    Tsunade the Heracross, Level 4
    Mr. Shroom the Cut Slave Paras, Level ??? (can't be arsed to remember)

The Box

Ma Weasley the Rattata
    Anarista the Butterfree
    Pomona the Bellsprout
    Napper the Drowzee
    Derpweed the Hoppip
    Sierra the Zubat
    Bridget the Togepi
    Barney the Slowpoke
    Princess the NidoranF
    Rat King the NidoranM
    Pete Gas the Koffing
    Sasuke the Scyther

Last edited: Mar 14, 2012
  18. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Update time. Trained up Heracross and Espeon, crushed Morty with Heracross' Shadow Claw (hoping I don't decide I need that TM later now). In a normal run I would have used Espeon to deal with Ecruteak Gym, but the possibility of getting crushed by Gengar made me cautious. Also caught a Magikarp named Fishstick in the little koi pond in town.

Shadow Ball TM goes straight onto Cassandra the Espeon. Left exit from Ecruteak, Quilava out in point to train up on the route and in the lighthouse. Also catch Zombies!!! the Magnemite (best name ever amirite). Catch Esmerelda the Krabby on the route outside Olivine (going to save Olivine City itself for if I can and want to trade for Jasmine's Steelix later on down the line).

Now all the way back to New Bark Town on foot. Catch Smellyfish the Tentacool and grab the free Mystic Water in Cherrygrove and then head out to Kantoland via Route 47. There I meet a fisherman clad in nothing but a yellow raincoat who tells me of a magic fishing spot where no Magikarps or Tentacools appear. I think he might be related to Youngster Joey.

I head to the spot and realize that the fisherman is a lying piece of shit as a Magikarp jumps out of the water right as I drop my line. No matter, moments later a Chinchou bites. Caught and named Johnny Six for the six fucking Great Balls I had to burn getting it. Geodude and Flaaffy both boxed, as I no longer need either for the time being and have every intention of upgrading my Earthquake boss with a Swinub from Ice Path (or Larvitar from Safari Zone if the odds screw me on my primary choice). Worst case scenario I just pull Geodude back out later and use it until I can get a Diglett or Dugtrio later on in Kanto. I won't have any ability to train it for awhile regardless, one Water Pulse from a Tenta in my usual mid-game grinding grounds will OHKO it.

The A-Team

Zeromus the Quilava - Level 31
    Tsunade the Heracross - Level 28
    Cassandra the Espeon - Level 24
    Johnny Six the Chinchou - Level 22
    Mr. Shroom the HM Slave

The Box

Ma Weasley the Rattata
    Anarista the Butterfree
    Pomona the Bellsprout
    Napper the Drowzee
    Derpweed the Hoppip
    Sierra the Zubat
    Bridget the Togepi
    Barney the Slowpoke
    Princess the NidoranF
    Rat King the NidoranM
    Pete Gas the Koffing
    Sasuke the Scyther
    Fishstick the Magikarp
    Zombies!!! the Magnemite
    Esmerelda the Krabby
    Smellyfish the Tentacool
    Gallstone the Geodude
    Lamb Chop the Flaaffy

Last edited: Mar 15, 2012
  19. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

So is anyone still reading this thread? Fuck it, still updating.

Trained the team above in the waters outside Cianwood (those Tentas are great for midgame grinding) and whooped up on Chuck. Cassandra the Espeon one-shots Primeape with Confusion. Same attack almost takes out Poliwrath, but his Body Slam counter takes a similar bite out of Espeon. Switch in Tsunade the Heracross as Chuck drops a Hyper Potion on his Poliwrath. A couple shots of Aerial Ace deal with Poliwrath and Chuck.

Fly back to Olivine, deliver dat Medicine (also grabbed Shucky the Shuckle in Cianwood, in the box) and got a call from Warden Booba or whatever. Safari Zone is open, and off I go to have me a looksie. Grab Homer the Golbat inside Cliff Cave, Dinner the Staryu in the water outside said cave and Doom the Gloom off the route outside the Safari Zone. I don't bother entering the place itself, determined to save it to fill a hole on the team down the road if needed.

More grinding and back to Olivine to rape Jasmine in her cute little behind. Zeromus the now Typhlosion does so without lube and literally erupts, boiling all Jasmine's Pokemon in one shot with Lava Plume. I'm sure she enjoyed it as much as I did.

Herpaderp, now it's time to wreck some Rockets. Super Repel through Mt. Mortar (I think?) because I'm saving that place to grab Tyrogue in a while. Chino the Mankey is caught on the other side of the mountain and boxed. Catch a Girafarig north of Mahogany town, nicknamed it something but I don't remember what and I'm too lazy to load the game up and check. Lake of Rage, catch Etna the Red Gyarados. Lance is looking boss, I'm going to kick his ass and take his cape later.

Rocket hideout, off I go to butcher a whole lot of Rattatas and Zubats and Koffings and Ekanses. No problems there, the double battle with Rocket Admin Ariana Dumbledore and the grunt has me laughing as Lance sends his Dragonite into the air the second before I drown both opposing Pokemon with Johnny Six's Surf. Unintentional win ftw. Catch U Mad Bro? the Electrode and disable the base.

Mahogany Gym, no problem. Pryce's Pokemon take a couple hits apiece from Tsunade's Brick Break to put down, but its defenses are more than up to the counters. Call from Professor Mook, final battle with Team Rocket approaching.

Petrel owned, Slapass owned (fuck you, Slapass, go and die somewhere plx), Proton owned, Ariana owned, Archer could have been a threat but his Houndoom's Fire Fang missed Tsunade and it ate a Close Combat and died. Team Rocket is done, rewards are had (I pop the Sunny Day TM on Typhlosion and also put on Solarbeam to give some type coverage). I need to take a minute to go and get Rain Dance for Lanturn as well so I can use Thunder like a boss, but eh no rush.

Catch Chiapet the Tangela on whatever route east of Mahogany Town. Into Ice Path, and fuck yeah Swinub. Fuck Will, this is a story all about UNCLE PHIL, bitches, throwing Jazz out of Johto since March of 2012. Currently preparing to molest Clair and send pics to Lance. Still no deaths through seven gyms.

The A-Team of Justice

Zeromus the Typhlosion - Level 40
    Cassandra the Espeon - Level 40
    Tsunade the Heracross - Level 40
    Johnny Six the Lanturn - Level 40
    Uncle Phil the Mamoswine - Level 36
    Sierra the Amazing Flying Zubat - Level 2

The Box

Ma Weasley the Rattata
    Anarista the Butterfree
    Pomona the Bellsprout
    Napper the Drowzee
    Derpweed the Hoppip
    Mr. Shroom the Paras
    Bridget the Togepi
    Barney the Slowpoke
    Princess the NidoranF
    Rat King the NidoranM
    Pete Gas the Koffing
    Sasuke the Scyther
    Fishstick the Magikarp
    Zombies!!! the Magnemite
    Esmerelda the Krabby
    Smellyfish the Tentacool
    Gallstone the Geodude
    Lamb Chop the Flaaffy
    Shucky the Shuckle
    Homer the Golbat
    Dinner the Staryu
    Doom the Gloom
    Chino the Mankey
    Harvey (I remembered his name right as I finished the writeup) the Girafarig
    Etna the Red Gyarados
    U Mad Bro? the Electrode
    Chiapet the Tangela

Last edited: Mar 21, 2012
  20. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Wow...Clair gave me a bigger run for my money than I was expecting.

Opened with Lanturn against Gyarados. First round, Bite criticals and flinches me. I barely survive the second Bite and nuke the damned thing with Discharge. Most Pokemon would not have survived that and I thank Lanturn's bulk but wonder if I might be better served with a faster water type. I might end up pulling that Staryu out of the box and training it up to be my Water/Electric mix.

Clair sends out her first Dragonair, and Uncle Phil's Ice Shard comes so close to one-shotting but it doesn't quite get the job done. Fire Blast counter puts Mamoswine deep into the yellow. Clair heals her 'Mon, so do I. Third round is the same exchange as the first, and I decide to just go ahead and finish it on the fourth with another Ice Shard.

Out comes Kingdra, and I'm worried now because my team is already hurting a lot more than I'd planned for. Choice Specs Espeon out. Psybeam does about two-thirds damage and inflicts confusion. Kingdra attacks through the confusion and gets off a Smokesceen, its Sitrus Berry activates and brings it back up to a little over half HP. Second Psybeam puts it an inch from death, confusion self-attacks ends Kingdra.

Second Dragonair out, and my Mamoswine is too damaged to risk losing. Heracross out instead, critical Close Combat settles the battle. Picked up Myrrh the Dratini from the elder's challenge, deciding whether or not to use it. I generally am against running six Pokemon due to the amount of work required to level them, but idk.