1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

That One Game....

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Darth Disaster, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Darth Disaster

Darth Disaster The Waking Sith ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    That you've never played, and everyone talks about fondly.

The classic game. Or the Incredible Game. The one that it seems like even your grandmother and her annoying little dog have played. But you haven't (or you tried and didn't like it). And you're ashamed to admit it.

Every time it comes up in conversation you do your best to avoid admitting you haven't played it. After all, to not have done so is ridiculous. Right?

Right.

Well man up, admit it.

I'll start us off.

I've never played more than an hour or so of Final Fantasy 7. Or any of the Baldur's Gate series beyond 1.

If you feel like trying to justify your reasons for not playing whatever game it is, go ahead. I for one am not going to bother.

2. Nooblet

Nooblet Sixth Year DLP Supporter

Zelda.

Every Zelda game really, but specifically Ocarina of Time. I was young when I had an N64, and didn't know much about gaming. I had most other classics like Super Smash Bros, Mario Party, Goldeneye, Mario Kart etc. Doubt I have more than 10 minutes of gameplay on Zelda.

3. bob99

bob99 High Inquisitor

Same here, I haven't really touched Zelda.

4. thebrute7

thebrute7 High Inquisitor

Just about any Mario side-scroller you care to name. I probably haven't played more than a couple hours total of those games.

5. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Half-Life. Still haven't played any of it, despite buying the whole series back during the Steam Winter Sale for like $10. Give me time though.

6. Quick Ben

Quick Ben In ur docs, stealin ur werds.

The Tomb raider games, never played them despite my brother having my brother own four of them(he was obsessed with them)

7. ElDee

ElDee Unspeakable

Pokémon Gold/Silver/Crystal, and the HeartGold/SoulSilver remakes. For various reasons I've completely skipped Generation 2, even though I keep hearing that they're the best games in the main series.

8. Snarf

Snarf Squanchin' Party Bro! ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Any Final Fantasy before X or after XII, Morrowind, and the Pokemons after Heart Gold/Soul Silver... people always bring these up in conversation or as references, and half the time I pretend like I know what they're talking about...

Last edited: Mar 16, 2012
  9. The Arid Legion

The Arid Legion Professor

Metroid, Diablo, Gen III Pokemon games, StarCraft and a couple others.

I actually have played Ruby, but I didn't like it. I didn't really find the starters, or any of that gen's pokes worth the time. Didn't even get to the first gym before I put it down.

10. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Skyrim.

/10char

11. TMNTurtwig

TMNTurtwig Professor

Sonic. I feel like I know more about the Sonic series than someone who's never actually played them should. All my friends have played every single one or just about. Meanwhile the only Sonic game I ever played was Adventure Battle 2 and I never got past stage 4 or 5 on that.

12. Hero of Stupidity

Hero of Stupidity Villain of Sensibility ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Skyrim and WoW...

13. Absolutista

Absolutista Fifth Year

Assassin's Creed. I don't really know why I never bothered to pick it up and give it a shot...

14. Starwind

Starwind Headmaster

Call of Duty.

15. Darth Disaster

Darth Disaster The Waking Sith ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The Witcher (1 & 2). I tried to play one, but then some stupid fucking spitting plant in a swamp kept killing me before I could even damned see it.. and I stopped.

Never picked them up again.

16. Zerg_Lurker

Zerg_Lurker Headmaster DLP Supporter

Basically any console game released after/for something other than Nintendo Gamecube.

I gave Fallout 3 a fair chunk of time after the DLP Secret Santa but I stopped because of schoolwork. Same goes for Starcraft 2, though I played a lot of Brood War back in the day.

Never touched Bioshock or the classic Duke Nukem, so I wasn't stoked for Forever nor massively disappointed when it turned out to be shit.

17. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

18. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

Oh god, where to start...

Zelda - Any game.
    Elder Scrolls series after Morrowind
    Battlefiend - Any game.
    Deus Ex - Any game.
    Final Fantasy - Only played 3.
    Mass Effect - Any game.
    Diablo
    Pokemon beyond Generation 1.
    Tomb Raider series.

... I could probably find more but those are just off the top of my head, it would look like I had a very deprived childhood gaming wise, though I have no desire what-so-ever to play any of them.

19. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Pokemon - any of them.

Zelda - any except Link's Awakening (? The one that may or may not take place largely in a whale's dream).

I played the opening sections of Ico and Shadow of the Colossus, and I really regret not finishing either of them.

Resident Evil - started the first, but despite the poor graphics and awful acting, it still scared the shit out of me at the tender age I was playing, so I gave up (I haven't and won't finish Dead Space, for similar reasons). The only other game in the series I played was 4, but again, didn't finish it.

Grand Theft Auto. I dicked around on the first at a friend's house, and actually bought San Andreas, but I just can't get into them, no matter how many people proclaim it a masterpiece.

Played some of Final Fantasy X, but got bored with it. Haven't touched any of the others.

Call of Duty.

Morrowind.

Baldurs Gate - although I do have the complete set. One day I'll get around to playing them, and I'm actually looking forward to it.

Fallout - I've got 3, and most of the expansions, but as with Baldurs Gate, other games get in the way.

Portal 2, although this will one day be corrected.

Uncharted - possibly not quite as iconic as some of the others on this list, but pretty much the only games from the PS3 that I wish I could get on Xbox as well.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2012
  20. Erandil

Erandil Minister of Magic

Skyrim/Morrowmind while I played and completed both of them I never understood why other find them so great.
    Diablo 2 ... just find the idea behind those kind of games very boring..

And the one game I always wanted to play is Halo .. especially the one for xbox360...