1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Harry Potter and the Boy Who Lived by The Santi - M

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by ulkser, Sep 11, 2009.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Cyclops

Cyclops Unspeakable

Prediction: Harry will be mentored by "Moody." After the Third Task, Dumbledore, Lily, James, and Nathan will be horrified that Harry was once again in direct contact with Voldemort for an entire year. They will choose not to tell Harry the truth, causing a major fracture when Harry eventually learns the truth.

2. 4arms

4arms Second Year

About the oath, I don' think there was one in the canon(even if there was one, it must have been taken by the real prof. moody. In the second task, Moody help Cedric hoping that he will help Harry in return.

@Cyclops: It might be Harry who catches Moody...He isn't the same as he was when Voldemort taught him. I have a reason to believe that Voldemort will try to test him

3. Rache

Rache Headmaster

I wonder what happened.Its has been almost 3 months since the last update.As for Moody mentoring Harry,the real Moody absolutely despises the Dark arts.So him tutoring Harry in them will easily reveal that he is an imposter.I don't think Harry will become a Death Eater or an apprentice of Voldemort.Anyway update soon.

4. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

I realize English is likely not your first language, but in the future, try to add an extra space after punctuation. It makes it much easier to read. And yes, yes, it has been three whole months since an update. Life happens, education happens, and I'm sure he'll post again once he can.

Slightly more on-topic: Moody. If he uses the same lesson as he does in canon with the unforgivables, it could be slightly interesting, actually. I can't see Harry being told he couldn't even give Moody a nosebleed using the killing curse, and not reacting in some manner, even if internally.

5. CosmosGravitation

CosmosGravitation Professor

Doesn't Dumbledore have the Marauders' Map and Pettigrew knows it? I thought that implied Voldemort would have to use a different method to put Nathan in the tournament. Moody might well be the real Moody.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2012
  6. Rache

Rache Headmaster

Thank you. I will remember that.....:)

7. mrstranger

mrstranger Squib

CosmosGravitation: That's actually a very good point and Dumbledore should easily be able to see Crouch Jr on the map. But we are talking about Voldemort who fooled Dumbledore in the first year so he might find a way around it. And the last thing Peter said to Remus in 3rd year was they "would not be able to see him coming on the map the next time" so maybe Peter knows a way around it already.

Anyways I want to see harry duel someone (not the practice duels he's been having) to see how far he has improved.

8. Rache

Rache Headmaster

Didn't Harry, Calypso and Viktor duel nine of the sixth and seventh years?????I really don't want Harry to be Death Eater.It would really be awesome if Harry actually duels Voldemort in the final battle and Nathan delivers the knockout blow.Then, the lack of recognition given to him even though he actually duelled Voldemort might cause a rift between the brothers.I really want Harry to be the victorious party in the end......:)

9. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Harry can go "dark" without becoming a Death Eater.

I am generally of the opinion that I hope he doesn't go too dark myself, but as others have pointed out to me in the past... this story was advertised as one in which Harry will go dark, so at least we all knew what we were getting into.

10. saevanus

saevanus Third Year DLP Supporter

^^ I agree. It would take an exceptionally well written twist, or a fail of epic proportions to simply convert Harry to a Death Eater (e.g. 'Dumbledore secretly molested me and Voldemort was just trying to save me!').

Unless it's a slow long-term change, Harry's affections for his family won't change enough not to care if someone kills them. With past and continuing murder attempts on you and your loved ones, it's pretty likely you'll stay enemies, no matter how good you think his ideas are.

If anything, suddenly finding the dark side's been right all along or that 'the world's denying the respect and fame I deserve' would ring stupid and cliché. I would predict that Harry gradually comes up with his own side, vaguely along the lines of the Dumbledore-vs-Grindelwald rivalry: revolution trumps repetition, though it's all been done before :p

11. Rache

Rache Headmaster

Dumbledore molesting Harry???? "Ewwww". Judging by the direction in which this fanfiction is moving, I don't think Harry will become notorious before the fall of Voldemort.Santi promised that year 4 is going to be the highlight of the story. I really want to see Harry becoming proficient in rare and advanced magics. I don't think Harry will form his own side before the fall of Voldemort. For anything to happen,Voldemort must first fall.Anyway, I can't wait for the updates......:)

12. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

He did no such thing.

I recall him saying that he was looking forward to writing year 4, and that he had interesting plans.

13. Rache

Rache Headmaster

Yes, he didn't.However the current timeline is the Tri-wizard tournament. There are so many things to write about, the interactions between students of the three schools, feuds, romance, superiority e.t.c.That is the reason why I think year four is going to be the highlight of this story....:)

14. disposablehead

disposablehead Seventh Year

So Nathan is going to die at the end of the tournament, right?

15. saevanus

Seems like he has comparable plot-armour to Harry in canon, not to mention parents and a brother.

Though as a risky twist goes... I can't help thinking it would be fun if Nathan bit it, but Harry was somehow coerced into pretending to be Nathan for the public, with Ron and Hermione's grudging help. The sadness, sacrifice and resentment on everyone's part would make for some interesting dialogue, especially with conflicting views on dark magic, methods and the greater good.

16. Rache

Rache Headmaster

Harry cannot compete as Nathan because of the magical binding contract of the Goblet....Nathan would lose his magic.....I think Nathan will get through the tasks, duel Voldemort with priori-incantatum effect, lives to tell the tale.I think this fanfic will diverge from canon on the way Fudge reacts.....:)

17. Xantam

Xantam Denarii Host

I've said it before, but I'll reiterate my theory. Krum will die in place of Cedric at the end of the tournament, leading to a rift between the brothers, and a much darker Harry.

18. thebrute7

thebrute7 High Inquisitor

Goddamn, man. Losing their magic for not competing in the tournament is FANON. No matter how prevalent it is in fanfiction it is not canon, and you can't spout that and speak of it as fact.

19. saevanus

a) I was musing on what might happen at the end of the tournament and after.
    b) What thebrute7 said; also, even if Nathan entered and his magic was at risk, it wouldn't matter if he were dead.
    c) It's priori incantatem. It's Rowling's Latin, but I'm still a grammar Nazi
    d) Canon-Fudge's reaction is to be expected: the remaining Death Eaters are politically powerful, and it's hinted that Fudge is in Malfoy Sr's pocket. IMO, making the Ministry 'Johnny-on-the-spot-ready' for insurrection would undermine the story.

That seems quite plausible as a tipping point. Without further stress, Harry would eventually seem a bit petty for blaming Nathan, if Nathan's as relatively blameless as canon-Harry is with Cedric. Although, Harry would inevitably become darker for a friend's death, and the right situations could accent and exacerbate the rift.

20. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Indeed -- I hadn't given much thought to Krum dying in place of Cedric until now (probably because I'd been half expecting Harry to compete instead of him), but it does seem somewhat plausible.

Krum is probably going to be leaving the main cast of the story either way since he is graduating and Harry will still be at school -- that in itself makes it harder for Viktor to have a primary role. If anything his importance as a character would probably drop to around Nathan's level where he has contact and a close relationship with Harry, but where we only see a little of him.

If he's not going to be in the story as much anyway he might as well die and help to progress it.

That's a bit harsh, and it's possible that Santi will find a way of keeping Krum in the limelight even after graduation (I can think of several possibilities there), but still plausible.

Not open for further replies.