1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

That One Game....

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Darth Disaster, Mar 16, 2012.

1. enembee

enembee The Nicromancer DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Pretty much every game posted in this thread. And Half Life 2.

2. Anarchy

Anarchy Half-Blood Prince DLP Supporter

Final Fantasy. I've never played any of them, nor do I want to. I severely dislike Square Enix, and just the anime style characters in general.

Other than that, not really anything. I like playing games, and I will pretty much play anything if it's fun. There's a few mmos that I haven't played and have no desire to, and random series where I haven't played them all such as the first battlefield and a few pokemon games.

3. Nuit

Nuit Dark Lord

Would Chrono Trigger count? I've heard many like it but I just couldn't get into it. Or any Final Fantasy game under FFX.

4. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The exact opposite for me. 7-8-9-10 range from awesome to decent, but everything after them was shit.

5. iLost

iLost Minister of Magic

Half Life series, discounting Portal. Which I just played a few months back.

No Final Fantasies to speak of. Played most the others one in this thread either the whole game or parts of it. Also, am a Zelda fanboy, so played all of them and loved 'em.

6. addictedforlife

addictedforlife High Inquisitor

Basically this. I mean, it's easier counting the games I have played. That's it. All of Assassin's Creed and FIFA. I have The Witcher 1 and 2 and Arkham Asylum/City on my shelf, but university is preventing me from playing them. :(

7. Lb13

Lb13 Second Year

Discounting any Nintendo games made after '92 that is.

8. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

Most games in the last couple of years, except for Mass Effect. I played Mount and Blade, too.

For a lot of games, I watched a few episodes of Let's Plays on Youtube until I no longer wanted to play the games anymore, which saved a lot of money and time.

9. Rayndeon

Rayndeon Professor

Diablo II. Played the original, never played the second one. Ditto with WC3 and Starcraft BW and SC2.

Haven't played Resident Evil, Portal 1 or 2, Mass Effect, and probably a bunch of other newer games. I've been rediscovering a lot of older games instead i.e. Thief series is fucking amazing. Playing the crap of that right now.

10. Hashasheen

Hashasheen Half-Blood Prince

Zelda
    Baldur's Gate
    Final Fantasy
    Diablo series
    The Witcher Series
    Mass Effect
    Fallout series
    Resident Evil
    Portal

I've got a tendency to watch a game through live play throughs, and then feel that considering I've watched the entire accomplishment of the game (and enjoyed myself watching that), I don't feel inclined to pick up the game and go through all of it again. :sherlock:

11. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Mine's not nearly so epic, but I have always wanted to play Tales of Symphonia.

12. Nuit

Nuit Dark Lord

Oh no doubt about that, FFXII was the only one after FFX that I actually liked, but anything before it...eh I just didn't have the nostalgia to help me through it.

13. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

Its quite similar to Legend of Dragoon. Epic game, btw.

Ninja Gaiden. I hate that fucking game. I could never get past a certain level and it made me want to kill myself, so I put it down.

14. Nuit

Nuit Dark Lord

It is quite fun, want to play it again now.

15. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

T'was awesome. My all-time favourite.

Mass Effect, Fallout, Call of Duty, Battlefield, Resident Evil, Portal, Half Life, Grand Theft Auto and many more.

16. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Without anything similar to that Addition system I would hope? LoD is a great game, but I can't say I'm too enamored with having to play an RPG like I would a fighting game.

17. GiantMonkeyMan

GiantMonkeyMan High Inquisitor

I've read Mass Effect fanfiction but never played it. D:

18. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

Nah nig, the additions were my favorite part. I spammed Dart's Volcano til I got all the others, and then my favorite was either Burning Rush, or Moon Strike. Blazing Dynamo was good, but not worth mastering all the others for it. Although Lavitz/Albert's Blossom Storm was worth mastering all his other additions for.

I usually ran Dart, Albert, Kongol. Or Rose (Demon's Gate was useful for when you wanted to clear out the little underlings the bosses had), Haschel (Hex Hammer was boss), Dart. Just cause Dart gets the divine spirit at the end.

The hand eye I picked up from the quickness of the addition system (those bastard ass sudden counters, which you learned to expect at crucial moments) really helped me later in playing games. While not complex or really all that challenging, it was a good foundation for latter games.

I think my crowning achievement in that game was finding all the stardust. The worst part of it was when in Dragoon mode you actually summoned the dragon spirits. They could have done something a lot more cool.

Edit: And the chopping game on the sip. Cutting Carrots and stuff. Best button mashing game ever.
    /end off topic

Last edited: Mar 18, 2012
  19. Exile

Exile High Inquisitor

I played Harry Potter and the POA for gamecube I think, but never got the others. Probably for good reason- those games were awful.

That being said- Quidditch World Cup was an awesome game when I was in middle school. I played the hell out of that.

But yeah- no Skyrim or WoW.

And backgammon and gin rummy. Never could grasp them. Give me Euchre any day of the week.

20. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

Heh, I remember that. It was one of those games I'd had for a long time but never played, and when I did I got seriously addicted. Good times.

It may have been my brother's actually. It was fun trashing him at his own game.