1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Harry Potter and the Boy Who Lived by The Santi - M

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by ulkser, Sep 11, 2009.

Not open for further replies.
  1. trollolol

trollolol Third Year

Cenares must be trolling, or he has suffered some sort of head injury, so just leave the man to masturbate furiously over the unquestionable correctness of his own thoughts? Nothing we say, no matter how obviously shown to be true in canon, will get through the waves of diarrhoea he enjoys spewing into this thread.

2. cenares

cenares Fourth Year

But it's no fun to masturbate alone. Besides aren't you being just a little over critical of my opinions? Does anyone have any good ideas to discuss while waiting for the next update?

I don't really have one, but I have been wondering if Harry's going to get a familiar or something. I don't even think he has an owl, does he? It would be somewhat ironic for him to get cat given he is a dog. Maybe a magical cat.
    :nyan:

I'm really not understanding all this talk of me being an troll. What's this all about?

Last edited: Apr 28, 2012
  3. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    You're talking about Harry getting a familiar. That in itself is trollish.

4. cenares

cenares Fourth Year

But the original Harry(Nathan) had an owl, Hermione had a cat, and Ron had a full grow balding pedo looking man as familiar.

5. Seratin

High Score:
    This Harry has no real need of a "familiar" or "Pet" as most of the world calls them.

6. cenares

cenares Fourth Year

So Harry doesn't need to send mail? Or the comfort and attention of cute little kitty cat to snuggle with? Or the need to stoke the fur and be touched by a grown ma....I see your point.

But really isn't it expected in the wizarding world to have an owl. In fact given that Dubledore has Fawks and Voldemort has Nagi(or what ever the spelling) shouldn't he need a familiar, as I don't think either one of those are just pets. Some type of magical creature to compare to theirs.

7. Seratin

High Score:
    You're completely right.

I think Harry should raise a centaur foal. He could name her Equina and she could tell his future, carry him around the place, hand deliver mail and make him feel sexually inadequate. If Harry gets an owl or something at some point it won't be so he'll have company, it'll be to send a fuckin' letter and won't be mentioned bar that.

Or it might. But it'd be pointless.

8. cenares

cenares Fourth Year

Why would a female centaur make him feel sexually inadequate? Are you saying he couldn't pleasure her? What happened to being able to charm and transfigure everything at 7th year?

Harry(Nathan) had Hedwig and she was mentioned a lot and we even grew attached to her.

So you don't thank Fawkes and Nagini(or what ever) aren't good company for Dumbledore and Voldemort?

9. trollolol

trollolol Third Year

The only pet Harry needs is his very own trouser snake, so he can skull fuck some sense into Nathan.

10. cenares

cenares Fourth Year

I'm starting to understand your name. This was a serious discussion on whether or not harry needs a pet and/or familiar. I realize that trolling is a art, but you should go practice your art somewhere else.

While I don't have any information on Grindelwald and whether or not he had one, we can safely say that the other two most powerful wizards do. Dumbledore regularly uses his phoenix in battle. To not only stop the killing curse, but as way to travel through wards. Voldemort uses his to supply venom and kill people. They suggest that magical familiars are useful and they are in fact canon. In a battle against either one Harry would be at a disadvantage with out one, so the question still remains, what type of familiar should he be getting?

11. Xantam

Xantam Denarii Host

JK Rowling begs to differ.

12. cenares

cenares Fourth Year

Does she explain what Dumbledore's phoenix is, because in the strictest sense it is a familiar barring the whole demon in animal form that muggles attribute to it? Voldemort's snake does as well. I get that students don't have them, but I wouldn't call Fawkes a pet.
    **edit found an interesting page on it to
    http://thefamiliars.blogspot.com/2010/03/fawkes.html

I suppose we could call Fawkes a animal companion and defender like the Harry Potter wiki page does. Does the change of wording from animal companion and defender make you feel better. I'll rephrase the question.

What type of animal companion and defender should Harry have?

13. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Why not? Fawkes is just an animal.

14. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    You just don't get it do you?

Harry doesn't need that shit, any company he needs can be found in Calypso's bed or Viktor's living room.

15. Mibu

Mibu First Year

Yea.. Just an animal that can be reborn from its own ashes, heal basilisk wounds with its tears, carry immense loads, use its feathers for wand cores, and teleport anywhere.

Just like basilisks and nundus are just animals.

Besides, I think in canon Dumbledore refers to Fawkes as a companion not as a pet.

16. cenares

cenares Fourth Year

I love the word "just" in your statement as if to imply that we aren't animals as well. In the strictest sense of the word he is a pet.
    Pet
    A domestic or tamed animal or bird kept for companionship or pleasure and treated with care and affection.

By that definition a human could also be considered a pet. Generally speaking I draw the line of usage of pet at near or above human intelligence. Nagini(or whatever) could talk and understand Riddle and Fawkes appeared to understand human speech. They were intelligent enough that I wouldn't consider them pets. Lupin being he is a werewolf could fall under the definition as Dumbledore pet in the strictest sense. I suppose it's just how you define it.

17. Xantam

Xantam Denarii Host

Fawkes is nothing more than an intelligent magical animal like a kneazle. Nagini has a piece of Voldemort's soul, which explains her intelligence. I'm not sure why you're arguing so hard for this.

18. cenares

cenares Fourth Year

And Lupin is an extremely intelligent magical animal with at or near human intelligence. At least according to the ministry.

19. Aggrocrag

Aggrocrag Second Year

As tempted as I am to say something along the lines of "Harry is no doubt gonna make his own super-awesome-omega familiar!" I won't, because I don't think he should have one. I don't want to read about a damn faithfull companion who is always there. However, I guess that a pet could provide some comic relief. Maybe.
    Unless it's a cute little Veela doll. Because they are cute.

20. Seratin

High Score:
    The point is that it would bring fuck all to the story and it's been done to death. Santi knows this so I very much doubt it'll happen.

And if we're going along the lines of, "yeah, but what one should he have if he did?" I'll stick with the centaur.

Not open for further replies.