1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

DF Fanfic Ideas

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by ParseltonguePhoenix, Apr 27, 2009.

1. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Oh well huh, I honestly didnt remember that. Ill have to flip through Blood Rights again then.

2. syed

syed Supermod

Cowl and Harry had access to the word of Kemmler, Corpsetaker was around for a while and has seen the book as well. THe knowledge may have been leaked which is dangerous to the BCV. It tells how necromancy can be used against them. IN necromancy, the older the body the more powerful, and it teach how to take power from spirits. BCV are walking corpses inhabited by a predatory spirit. They would make exceptionally powerful necromancy tools. They would either be fed upon as a source of necrotic energy, or enslaved as a tool.
    Cowl had does incredibly hard to kill ghouls, who I bet were creations of necromancy or at least augmented by it. We know cowl is a Black council, so if he takes over the BCV in its entirity, would be a co hesive and powerful asset.

We know denarians are part of the circle, but Nicodemus is not involved. He will not be happy, infact he will likly go against them, as he will want the world destroyed by his hands not any one elses.
    THe denarians used the accords to attack the archive, so how would they be punished. THe archive may be neutral but it can prtect itself. Best way for Ivy to strike back, simply distribute knowledge of the coin collection gang. FOr the last millenium they have wiped out any collection of knowledge on themselves. SO if published they could really be hurt.

3. Krogan

High Score:
    I....what?

What the fuck is all of this? Is there a a point in there somewhere or is it just a pile of random Dresden Files related words like it looks like?

4. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

It's syed. Do you really need to ask that? The answer is, as always, "this is random gibberish, sometimes (rarely) rooted in a good idea".

As best I can tell, he's basically saying that the Black Court are dangerous because they can be used as super-fuel for necromantic spells. What relevance that has to the discussion, I'm not entirely sure, but that's what I've got out of it.

And the last paragraph is just completely random ranting about the Denarians, I've got nothing from it.

5. Krogan

High Score:
    This is the first time I've ever actually payed attention to what he says which I see in hindsight was mistake.

6. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Agreed, though his point about the Black Court being especially useful for/vulnerable to necromancy is a good one. In fact, I've mentioned before that Mavra may actually be under the control of Kemmler, and is paving the way for him to return as he has a bunch of other times.

7. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I can see a revived Kemmler being a foe for Harry to deal with in a few books time. That would be pretty epic, actually.

8. Water Mage

Water Mage Denarii Host

I've actually been kicking around a Dresden Files, A Song of Fire and Ice crossover. Basic premise is Mab knocked out some old Faerie god when she assumed the Winter throne. She imprisoned them in the Nevernever, (the world of Westeros) but every few centuries it gains power and tries to break free. It's up to her Knight to put it down. The cold winds are rising so Mab sends Harry Dresden to Westeros. The prophesied Azhor Azhai is the Winter Knight, and winter is coming.

9. MattSilver

MattSilver The Traveller

Heh, cool. Had a similar idea myself after Dance With Dragons came out but before Ghost Story did, as part of a HP/DF/ASOIAF fic I never wrote. Basically, yeah, Mab sends Winter Knight Dresden to Westeros to secure the power of the Long Winter for herself in retaliation for her believing Summer was doing the same (Or something. I probably just intended to take LittleChicago's idea that Titania was Black Council and that Mab was just acting in retaliation). So Dresden appears as the Red Comet does and the seasons begin to change, and whatever hold Mab has on him (Again, pre Ghost Story so I didn't quite figure Dresden would be his own man as much) is broken by the trip, but trying to grab ahold of him. He heads North in the midst of various Riverlands shenanigans - but before the worst of it - Brotherhood's just starting, Brave Companions just got in the country, et cetera - and heads beyond the Wall.

Meanwhile, Molly Carpenter goes out of her way to do something crazy in order to follow Dresden to Westeros, taking Mouse with her (Again, pre Ghost Story, good times). She'd end up dicking around in the Riverlands a lot too, though intersecting with the Northern armies more often than not, and probably the Brotherhood. And meanwhile meanwhile, Harry Potter is brought into the fold (Either by the Archive, by some force of Summer, or a mix of something Dresden-y and chasing Voldemort's soul across universes; whichever) and sets out to do some crazy shit of his own around King's Landing, later heading overseas and kicking one Aegon V Targaryean into hopping a boat and starting his campaign a bit earlier. In hindsight Harry wasn't really needed as much, but still, I just wanted to do a triple cross, lol.

And ASOIAF POVs would probably be Jon, Sansa and Tyrion, because they'd be the most directly changed by the various arrivals (Harry's appearance is when Tyrion's Hand, after all, and somedat Harry/Sansa wouldn't have gone astray, while Jon's adventures with the wildlings are filled with tales of a mysterious Winter Knight...).

But yeah, that was my one. Felt like a sharing mood. Forgetting that mine had HP added for a sec, Dresden/ASOIAF is a pretty neat idea given the Fae/seasonal connections, either as me or WM said, and yeah, I say somebody should go for it.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2012
  10. Zeelthor

Zeelthor Scissor Me Timbers

I didn't even like this idea until I connected "Winter knight" and "Winter is coming."

Then I jizzed in my pants.

11. Water Mage

Water Mage Denarii Host

I actually really love the idea of Dresden being the red comet. That's one hell of an entrance.

Lol that was me. I want to write it just to make this awesome connection happen.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2012
  12. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Now I want to plan a Dresden/Gundam crossover (not as wizards wielding Mobile Suits) but I think depending on how the current Unicorn storyline plays out, I'm sure the supernatural world will still be around in UC 100, which is circa 2280 I think.

13. redshell

redshell Order Member

Speaking of crossovers, I've been kicking around an idea about a Dresden Files/Supernatural crossover. The only thing really concrete I have with it is that Dresden and the Winchesters have a working relationship when something happens in Chicago or the surrounding area. Obviously I'd need to change things about both of them to make it seamless, but I just can't shake the scene that popped into my head when I was watching "Two Minutes To Midnight" last night.

I don't have any dialogue because every time I think about it it changes (probably because of Dresden being himself). Essentially, Dresden accompanies Dean to Dean's little sit-down with Death.

What I think would be really interesting about that scene is something that Death could say to Dresden. Obviously, the quote would take place after the events of Ghost Story.

Death Naming Dresden in such a conversational manner, I think, would be very in-line with his character of quiet power, albeit somewhat arrogant about it.

14. Hashasheen

Hashasheen Half-Blood Prince

Wouldn't be too hard. Magic is real, so hex-magic and the like is merely practitioner-level stuff. Vampires are Dresden-verse rather than Supernatural-verse. Angels are mix of both, but I'd imagine Supernatural! Uriel would be removed. Demons are easy, plus you can link them to the Denarians (or pit them against each other in a sense, Nicodemus versus Lucifer would be interesting), the Winchesters (and the various families and hunters like the Campbells or merely individuals like Bobby) could be part of the Venatori Umborium, etc...

You could bring them in after the Red Court-White Council war starts up. It could do well to take an in-depth look at how the Venatori operate, the standing of the Winchesters within the organization and even the Venatori-Council relationship...

15. redshell

redshell Order Member

I've actually already thought of this. I was considering something similar to what Gabriel or Balthazar did, in faking their own deaths. Or, go the incredibly easy route and simply say that that was another angel who was using his name. I'll think on it, maybe come up with something more elegant.

This is good stuff, something I'd never thought of. Also, God's overall presence in the Dresden-verse will need to be addressed as compared to how hands-off He is in regards to Supernatural. Lucifer walking all over Ganesh, Odin, Baldur, and the rest will also need to be addressed. Still, though, I feel like this is going to be fun.

EDIT: This also gives me an idea. How do you guys feel about a humor scene where Murphy knows who the Winchesters are when they're presenting fake FBI badges to get into the morgue and look at a corpse?

EDIT2: I think the simplest thing would be simply to say that all of the vampires the brothers have come across were Reds, as that would explain the ability to stand in sunlight and just about everything else.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2012
  16. Hashasheen

He wasn't really that integral to the plot in hind-sight. You could easily make another angel the turncoat.

Lucifer is an Arch-Angel. Even in Dresden-verse they'd stomp the shit out of pagan gods. Also, feel free to hit me up for ideas & concepts. I'm far better at ideas and fitting them in than actual writing.

Vampires in Supernatural aren't that big of a focus, though. Not to mention even Reds are heavyweights compared to normals. Hm... perhaps you could spin off Supernatural! Vampires as an Lesser Court. They're unique enough for that...

17. redshell

redshell Order Member

There is that as well. Also, I think I will PM you sometime today.

Doesn't the Dresden-verse base power around how many people are praying to them? I'd assume that Odin/Vadderung isn't as powerful as he was 800+ years ago, but he's not someone to be taken lightly, either. I don't know, something about it doesn't sit right with me. It just seems like although Lucifer is at god-like power, he wouldn't walk all over them. Especially Ganesh and Kali, who actually are still being prayed to.

There's that as well. Yeah, I'm definitely going to PM you sometime today. Also, not to go overboard with the fan-gasm or anything, but you could easily say that you're at the very least above average in writing. Your stuff in WBA showcases that.

18. Hashasheen

Only after heavy betaing and months of rewrites. I've had a thousand + words of Chapter 5 since November 2011 that I haven't been able to touch. In comparison to tens of thousands of words of planning for the entire arc. :(

19. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I don't see this as being a problem, most especially in the Dresden-verse given what Uriel said regarding the angels power in Ghost Story. I believe the message was akin to an Archangel being capable of annihilating planets if they desired to do so.

20. syed

syed Supermod

Odin and other gods only have most of their power in their home grounds, away from it they are simply very strong. Angelic power, as shown by the swords can be powerful any where.

If demons are corrupted souls, wont that mean they could me manipulated by ectomancy or necromancy.

WOuld the winchester monsters each be counted seperatly, or seen as a unified power ruled by their mother? THE alpha ruling each of their kinds, so Eve the Queen, while they are the Dukes. They are not a court as they are scattered and unified, but when eve is making her army could she attempt to forge them into a court? If they are not united would they work for the actual supernatural powers? Like sirens working for the WCV, as well as the amazons alliged to those that feed on pain.

If denarians are part of the accords, would lilth and eve be signatories as well? Are hell and purgatory just really restricted sections of the Nevernever.

If Bobby was the part of the paranet, much more info to locate new hunts. HUnters would be the military arm of the paranet. AM I the only one think that winchestor will end up as bears of the swords? Dresden and the colt would be epic.

The angels uriel, gabriel, michael and raphael are all mentioned in dresden books, and are far less of the git variety. Possibly with all these extra monsters, they did not turn out that bad.

After the RCV got wiped out, all these minor monsters exploded out, so wanna bet this is around about when eve is reaching out of purgatory?

It would be a whole new apocalypse as all the different parties in dresden world, would be making their moves.

Nae