1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

How did you come across DLP?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Infidel, May 2, 2012.

1. Silens Cursor

Silens Cursor The Silencer DLP Supporter

Hmm... I remember roughly that I was on Mugglenet and looking for a place where I could get more traffic and get around the heavy modding and content restrictions. I remember starting to post stuff on FictionAlley, but things were still too damn slow, and I wanted faster turn-around time.

So, after beginning to post my stuff on fanfiction.net with great trepidation, I was searching for broader fanfic forums and I found DLP.

2. Averis

Averis Don of Delivery ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Jbern's FF.Net Profile when reading Bungle in the Jungle. The website was a lot more 'burn them at the stake' and a lot less 'that is sooo cliche' but, looking back, I'd have to say the site has improved significantly over the years and, despite the impeding death of Harry Potter as a franchise, we continue to grow.

Hail the Dark Lord for all enternity. Glad I met some of you fuck-ups.

-

02-08-07. No name changes, 1,446 posts and countless half-assed stories. And two decent ones.

Chyeah.

Last edited: May 2, 2012
  3. Exile

Exile High Inquisitor

I was looking for discussion for The Wise Man's Fear. If-so-fact-so I'm now on DLP. Snarky bastards.

4. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

The usual seeing it in either a review or one of the more prolific authors' profiles. That said, looking at that list-by-join-date, it is interesting to see which ones I recognize and which I don't(on the first page at least).

Heck, there is somebody on there near the top named Thanos who joined on the second day(April 2nd, '05), and even visited today, but hasn't posted since August 7th, '06.
    I vaguely remember Zevrillion, and his last post was about a month before I officially joined, but I was lurking for several months at least, if not more, prior.

5. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I don't quite remember how I found DLP. Maybe it was through Nonjon's profile. Either way, I started lurking in November of 2005 and then joined in December of 2006. Haven't regretted it since.

6. Evan Tide

Evan Tide Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

I found this place via Lord Ravenclaw's profile back when he still wrote stuff.

Rare exception to the nonjon/shezza joiners?

7. Chengar Qordath

Chengar Qordath The Final Pony ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Found out that a lot of the authors of HP fanfics that I enjoyed were DLP-ers, so I decided to check it out, and I liked what saw.

8. Selethe

Selethe normalphobe

I first found this site sometime in 2010 via Lord Supremo's profile. Then around February of last year I was searching for one of Water Mage's fics on Google and re-discovered DLP ;P Officially joined a year later.

9. Böhser Onkel

Böhser Onkel Second Year DLP Supporter

I first found it in 2007 on some authors profile but my english wasn't good enough back then, I rediscovered DLP in 2008-2009 and finally got myself an account about a year later.

10. Mordecai

Mordecai Drunken Scotsman –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Hmmm, I found DLP a few months before I joined, probably June or July of 2005. I found it via whoever it was that had the ff.n account darklordpotter.net, or something along those lines. I think it was Middy. Read the fic, thought it was well written but a terrible premise, looked at the account, it mentioned this forum. So I came here, used it primarily for the library for the first few months. I gradually started to read the other threads and so forth as time went by, eventually making an account to reply to something or other.

11. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I found it through Wastelands. Glory unto you, Joe.

12. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

o.o I had honestly forgotten there were two chicks on the staff at one point. But to clarify:

Can't speak for Raven or the others, but I found my way to DLP from Potters Place 3, ironically for those aware of the Army of Trolls incident. Zev posted some shit about "HAY NEW DARK POOTER SITE OVAH HARE." At which point Zev posted an open call for experienced individuals to join staff.

Its all went downhill from there. :D

Also: Fear the turtle! :3

"This one dude who unfortunately passed away" = Mordecai. The cool Mordecai, at any rate.

13. Averis

Averis Don of Delivery ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    How did I come across DLP?

Not sure, but there was a lot of fapping involved.

/thread

14. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    I came accross DLP while looking for Harry/Fleur, my (still) favorite pairing, a few years back.
    Google kept popping one of the early pages of the Harry/Fleur thread, specifically a post by some dude who used Malfoy senior as his avatar.
    After the fifth time, I decided to check out the rest of the forum, arguably a good decision.
    Joined a few months after.

15. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

I was curious what is this DLP that made the author of one fic stop updating (I can recall its name now, but it was about House like Harry, two years older than in the canon, trying to wake his mother for the coma and he played a guitar what some of the DLP ridiculed if I remember right). Stayed afterwards, though it was a long time before I created an account and even more before I started posting.

16. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Do you perhaps mean ipso facto?

17. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Clearly, it's the cooler, edgier version of ipso facto.

18. Red

Red High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Some author recc'd it in their profile, can't remember who. I lurked forever until WIP became user-only then I made an account.

19. Anme

Anme Professor

I had read what was up from the story Flames of Betrayal by marietsy on some site, probably mugglenet since that was the first english fanfiction site I found. Because Flames of Betrayal was the first fanfiction that I read that I really liked at the time I read it, I googled a bit about it, and I was surprised to find that other sites had versions with more chapter. I also found the discussion thread on this forum and the appeal of the DLP library was large. Mostly the Azkaban section because at the moment that kind of stories were the best of the best for me.

I think I only really found out via DLP that fanfiction.net was the main fanfiction site because most of the library links went there.

20. Exile

Exile High Inquisitor

What KHAAAAAN said.