1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

How did you come across DLP?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Infidel, May 2, 2012.

1. Scrib

Scrib The Chosen One

I'm not sure but I think I came across it when I was migrating from Star Wars to HP fanfiction and looking for crossovers. I found one by Bio and needed more so I think I looked through the reviews or A/N and googled the name I got. Led me here. I lurked for a long time before making an account.

Never did get more of that fucking fic either...

Last edited: May 2, 2012
  2. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

I was a member of a lot of yahoo groups for a long time, I had seen DLP mentioned on more than a few occasions, and I decided to scope it out. Didn't join, was pretty busy with school at the time, and then ~a year later I saw it mentioned on a fanfic I really liked, I can't remember which one. Maybe belleradh. In any case, I had a lot of free time, and I decided to join. That was about 2 years ago. I am extremely glad I didn't find or join DLP earlier than that, I would be even more fucked up now. God, some of you were here when you were like 13 (>>Irene). No wonder you're like you are now. ;]

But seriously, the past two years has flown by, and I definitely feel like DLP has made me a better person. (read: a meaner person)

3. Anarchy

Anarchy Half-Blood Prince DLP Supporter

I was playing MTGO 3 years back or so, and saw Nonjon playing the same event. I think it was a core set premier event maybe. The name stuck out at me since I had just finished reading A Black Comedy a few days before, so I messaged him to ask him if he was the same guy, and lo and behold, it was. It's a pretty random meeting. Before that I had only seen DLP mentioned a few times in various author's notes but I really didn't pay it any attention.

4. Fatality

Fatality Order Member

Most impressive thing I learned in this thread: there is a member of DLP named Thanos who was the fifth person to join, is still around to this day and has only made three posts. Over seven years of hardcore lurking. I tip my hat to you, Thanos.

OT: I don't quite remember, I think I just saw it mentioned by a couple of the writers I liked (Joe, Shezza, Nonjon, Jbern, etc.) and decided to check it out.

Also Sree - who came up with the name Dark Lord Potter then? I shudder to think of the site being called AzkabanForever...

5. Mordecai

Mordecai Drunken Scotsman –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm hurt man, really, I'm hurt. I thought you loved me :(

6. Lb13

Lb13 Second Year

I found out about DLP about 4 years ago while Jbern was writing The Lie I've Lived and made an account. Then I derped and forgot my username and password when I switched computers and proceeded to forget the email I used for that specific account.

7. Jeram

Jeram Elder of Zion ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Damn, it's been forever. I think I found this place after reading Metabehlo or LordRavenclaw's stories, way back in 2006, pretty early in the year - lurked for a few months, joined in June. I was just so happy to find a place that shockingly filtered by the same sorts of standards I had (no slash filtering was a impossibility elsewhere on the net).

It's different these days, but people still are just as trollish and bigoted as ever. Happy DLP.

EDIT: After looking at old emails, it appears it was Master Slytherin, who's yahoo group I joined. He sent out in January of 2006:

Last edited: May 3, 2012
  8. Lutris

Lutris Jarl Dovahkiin DLP Supporter

I... don't even remember how I got here. I really don't.

9. Pythagoras

Pythagoras First Year

I had been reading fan fiction for a while (used to read on the WB website...) and eventually started reading Joe's Hero trilogy. Right around the time he was about to finish it (5 years ago I think) I got really sick, missed like a week of classes and just stayed in and read it, and googled for reviews of it. Found a WbA thread here, and just lurked for a long time. Finally made an account last year.

10. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I reviewed one of Lord Ravenclaw's stories. He then invited me to some weird new forum.

I think it was DLP, might've been a different one.

11. Alindrome

Alindrome A bigger, darker mark DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Joining DLP: always a blur of booze and debauchery. ;)

12. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

I got raped (figuratively, over my first story), and then followed the rapist back here. Stayed here ever since.

13. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Well shit son, and they say nothing good comes of rape!

14. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

I still get raped here from time to time, but it stops hurting after a while.

And when I think about it, I dish it out too.

15. Fiat

Fiat The Chosen One DLP Supporter

I have no idea how I found this place. I didn't when I registered, either. I have a general idea that I saw it mentioned in a review of a story that had been put on hiatus roughly 6 months to a year before I started frequenting the site, but other than that, your guess is as good as mine. This is a tentative theory and has a pretty good chance of being wrong, too.

16. The-Hyphenated-One

The-Hyphenated-One Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

I'm not positive, but I think I found DLP through ip82's FF.net profile back in early 06. Too bad he stopped writing his Breaking Ties fic, I always thought it had some great potential.

17. Schrodinger

Schrodinger Muggle ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    No fucking idea.

18. Cadence

Cadence First Year

Back when I liked Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality, I kept seeing complaints about the "trolls" of the DLP forums in the author's notes and profile, so I decided to see for myself.

Long story short, I no longer like Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality.

19. Oruma

Oruma Order Member

Taure.

/10char

20. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

I saw a shout-out in an Authors Note on Sera's excellent Dakaath fic, which I enjoyed quite a lot at the time.