1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

~/* Witchhunt *\~ Game Started!

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Chocolate Pi, Mar 26, 2012.

1. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Hmmm yeah reading over it we knew Ollie was Holy and suspected brute was as well. Of course if we hit them right of the bat that's basically confirming klackerz as scum so you had to go first. Plus there was your ability to confirm basically any holy claim.

2. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Anyway this was fun for the little time I was involved in it. Thanks for letting us use Moscone and being our overlord for a time, ChocoPi. Great job.

3. Koalas

High Score:
    Its unfortunate really. You were obviously a power role and, in hindsight, Eid really couldn't have been the Bishop (timing of the RR). If I'd picked up on it in time it would have been a completely different game.

Eid also mentioned in Angel chat it was fortunate no one had meta experience with you as it was obvious to everyone who did :p

4. bob99

bob99 High Inquisitor

I was the inquistor by the way if you didn't realize it. I'm just glad that Klackerz died the second night. I never was sure which side he was on, but a witch henchman is horrible for town. He never did take advantage of the fact that I checked Ollie and then basically ignored him for the rest of the game.

5. Koalas

High Score:
    No we realized it when we had a scum henchman ;) And it was noted/planned to take full advantage of, there were just better targets/knowledge other players had you were not aware of.

6. Aurion

Aurion Headmaster

That would have been...something, jwlk. Two King roles for Eid, two dead Priests on the first night? Damn.

Edit: And yeah, I prefer to play more like I did after I RR'd. Worried more about Sirion successfully reading me than anyone else in the game since he knows me the best.

7. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Reading through the coven thread, I'm shocked at how easy it was for you guys to pin down the Junior Witches through things that looked pretty damn innocuous to me. Then again, I've made a permanent note not to underestimate how good Kai can be at these things.

8. Aurion

Aurion Headmaster

Definitely going to have to keep that in mind for any future games with a similar setup. Subtle, but not so subtle as someone with the information necessary could possibly miss it.

9. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

the major mistake by JW (discounting jwlk shenanigans) was assuming the coven was incompetent and continuing to handwave at each other at every opportunity.

I'm sure that helped Aurion out by a huge amount.

10. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

Yah, what Kai said.

Also, I wish Lutris just straight came out and said he was the scum martyr. Better then whatever it is that he did otherwise. Woulda saved me from having to suicide too >_>

11. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Thanks for the game people, it was fun. Even if the result is a bit disappointing.

12. StrikerLee1

StrikerLee1 Guest

Yeah, this was a lot of fun. Using the client made it a little more interesting. Will be looking around now for another game since this was a lot of fun. BTW, I was of course a village spy with stogil and Cheddar, I played the role of the gambler.

13. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Good game!

I had fun playing it. I was sad that I died before I got a chance to use my ability though. I was hoping to make it into the Coven (I was a spy) and then engage in a crowning moment of awesome where I announced all the members of the coven and blew myself up in glorious fashion to take one of them out with me.

14. Koalas

High Score:
    Thoughts on Moscone guys? I'll be typing mine up in a bit.

15. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Still needs a little work to iron out the bugs, like the minimum day length. It could also be a bit more user friendly in that I (and apparently more people) couldn't easily find game links and the likes.

16. coleam

coleam Death Eater

Good game all. Sorry I did such a crappy job at the end there.

Only thing for Moscone is that Menace was announced to the Angels as the last Coven member. Was that supposed to happen?

17. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Other than the Night1 court shenanigans, which Chocopi says is fixed, I didn't have a problem with moscone. It was very useful to be able to see all of the votes so easily.

18. Koalas

High Score:
    All Coven information was available to the angels. Along with a lot of power role information. If I had one real complaint to make about the game it would be the amount of information available to the Angels. It takes it from a Game mechanic to a purely Town mechanic.

19. Aurion

Aurion Headmaster

I think I actually prefer the old-fashioned way of tallying votes and logging events (not least of which because it actually encourages people to read back through the thread when making their decisions and reads), but Moscone certainly isn't bad.

My main issue is with the Court mechanics- it's a baller idea in theory, but in practice it seems to encourage a certain amount of cronyism and lazy thinking among the people who make the Court. In GOD WH people flat dismissed scumreads on the basis of "oh they're just on the Court" and I'm getting the impression this happened here too.

It could just be a coincidence between the two games, of course.

Also, with the Court killing every night the player count drops precipitously, and a Town!Court is a little bit overpowered by virtue of sheer kill output. Limiting it to Night Two/Four/Six etc would be a change I'd be in favor of.

Including a third-party role of some sort could be a fun idea. An Oblat in particular isn't as important in this set as most others since relatively few roles are guaranteed town but everyone loves Oblats.

It could just be a GOD/DLP thing, but 30 is a bit too large for a Mafia game I think. Lot of mostly inactive people just...drifting about and neither saying anything nor seemingly thinking anything.

20. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

Yeah, I realised I prefer smaller games as well (around 20 people or so), and while Moscone is a neat bit of coding, it's not my cup of tea. I like the doing-it-per-hand way better, even if there's the possibility of the gamemod making mistakes the software doesn't. Or maybe it's just the mod-posts I miss -- I want my day post, and my night post, and votes posts >_>

Ash