1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

~/* Witchhunt *\~ Game Started!

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Chocolate Pi, Mar 26, 2012.

1. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Well... yes? But the players can choose to end the game early when end game happens, and they frequently do. If there's not much to discuss, and you have a clear cut target, just hammer out the lynch and move on.

I've seen 30 minute days before when the deadline was 5 days away.

2. bob99

bob99 High Inquisitor

Sure, that could happen, but I didn't see many nights ended early in the late game.

3. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

this game night basically never ended early because of the angels programming - it took half of ALL angels to vote for a single target to let night end early.

It's changed so now it only takes half of all angels that voted the previous night to vote for a single target to end night early.

Anyway, lots of days did end quite early this game and those that didn't usually had pretty consistent discussion the whole time (seeing as the game went for ~1500 posts).

Bill Door lynch, Menace lynch, my lynch, Guljons lynch, probably some others too but those are the ones that i'm 100% sure ended significantly before deadline.

edit: sirion (sirion didn't get lynched, oops!) and kalas lynch too, so i think it's safe to say that when the day is 'solved' that the day ends early just fine without a restrictively short deadline.

Hey Chocopi! How about when night or day ends a line in moscone says 'Day/night ended x amount of time before the deadline' or something. I think that would be cool.

Last edited: May 13, 2012
  4. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Hey now. My lynch took forever, I actually can't think of anyone else who has 'lasted' that long as confirmed scum xP

5. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

the day you got lynched was fast (which is what i was referring to), not the amount of days it took for you to get lynched.

6. Eidolonic

And technically, Castiel survived far longer as outed scum, in DLPHunt. lolthirdparties.

7. Chocolate Pi

Chocolate Pi Guest

The general attitude towards shorter Days and Nights will probably be reflected in any future games. I don't foresee running any more tests with >72 hour Day deadlines anymore. I would also like to see Night deadlines pushed down.

I have also been considering non-hammering games. (This would have to go with short deadlines I feel). This would allow a 100% fixed schedule. I cannot foresee a "real-time" 24-hour cycle (Day + Night) game working any other way.

On the subject of the Judge, I only brought him up as the most extreme case of "low gameplay value to the player, very high to the game." In terms of observed experience, the Judge goes off in >50% of games, occasionally twice. More aggressive deadlines should make him more relevant. I'd suggest that the Judge is easily the most underestimated role. Apart from the usual case, the Judge is the only town role who consistently wins against a single remaining Witch.

Stiq spent what seemed like the entirety of the most recent MSPA test game as known scum, including literally announcing it in thread. He was never killed technically, since the Witches forfeited. (to avoid slogging out the last 2 lynches) I still have no idea how he stayed alive.

And interesting suggestion Kai.

8. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

There is a site, Epic Mafia, where you can play more complex games than IRC werewolf that are quicker than forum mafia. I've been wanting to play for awhile, but I haven't been able to find a group to play with.

9. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Those games are full of super unfun stuff. >_>

10. Eidolonic

Because he was Russell Jones, man. Or so we made Geneti think. :awesome

11. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Oh yeah, I was right about Moridin having a role in the last five roles. Might want to keep that in mind for other games.

12. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Psst... Dude, wrong game.

Although when you bring it up, using out of game things like that as evidence is a bit... questionable.

13. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Oops.

Also, I considered it dubiously in game because he posted it as a tool for other players to use. That made it part of the game in my mind, since in a normal forum based game it would have been posted in thread.

14. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    this is actually cheating like fucking whoa imo

15. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

Not cheating, you can't help knowing/thinking something based on how someone else did something.

16. Striker

Striker What's up demons?

Relies a bit too heavily on meta and wine, in my opinion, but whatever gets the job done I suppose.

17. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

I don't really think it works at all, to be honest. It's not like he posted the list completely out of order, just backwards. And it did lead to you drawing a false conclusion and placing a bad lynch vote, and using that logic put you up a notch or two on my scumometer.

18. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Guys if you're using this to play DLPhunt which I'm not going to offer any advice about, the way to do it is to hotlink the game or something.