1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

DLPhunt2 - More Suckers, Less Stars

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Lungs, Jun 2, 2012.

1. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

Your logic is sound, but I really don't want any of you three to have an extra life. I dislike the way you three attempt to lead around town, and I dislike how town just goes along with what you say. I suppose I am more amenable to Eidolonic than the other two, but why settle when you could have glorious Mayor Ashaya? People never listen to me, and under me, you shall enjoy a democratic reign.

2. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

The point of mayor is to give it to someone who is a high priority nk target.

3. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

The problem with a truly democratic reign is that, well. There's five of the players in this game that, y'know - aren't town. And they'll attempt to steer people otherwise.

I don't necessarily want to lead people around and them follow me unthinkingly - what I want to happen is to make things actually happen - to generate discussion, and force scum to have a greater chance to slip up and make mistakes.

Unfortunately, sometimes people either don't want to think for themselves, for whatever reason, and just go with the loudest (or preferrably) most logical voice. I'd like to think I can at least explain why I think, say, and do the things I do if questioned in a manner that makes sense, and appeases any problems people may have with me being a vocal leader.

As to why I'd like to have the extra life: Because I'm going to be vocal, I'm going to generate discussion, I'm going to press people that aren't posting to post content, and I'm going to generally make it difficult for scum to slip under the radar and survive.

I'm capable of spotting connections between players, and also spotting intentional distancing between players, if they do slip under pressure, and therefore am a priority target for scum to kill. Them knowing I have an extra life either forces them to kill me twice, so that I can't get more role-based information and use it against them, or ignore me completely, allowing me free reign to hunt them down.

The same holds true for other strong town leaders. People that lead town aren't necessarily to be distrusted intrinsically - someone needs to generate discussion, or the game falls into a pit of lurking and being unfun. They should be under close scrutiny, sure, and I welcome people examining everything I say or do for ulterior motives, and questioning me.

I am town, I want to win, and I'll make good use of the extra life in my attempt to accomplish that goal.

Vote Eidolonic for Mayor 2012

---------- Post automerged at 09:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 PM ----------

But as I said earlier, I could get behind a Kai or Stojil push for mayor if they can convince me they'll be active, are likely town, and will make good use of the extra life.

4. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    If town gets led around by the nose by you/Kai/whoever anyway then you make the least sense for Mayor. If someone else has it they can have their own stuff to work off of in addition to what you post. Admittedly the extra life is nice but how often do scum really target you?

5. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

Just woke up.

Mayor Vote: Castiel

Right now I don't trust either Eido or Kai. Ash, I might vote for but I will wait and see if I get any support. >_>

Anyways, I will check in later, I have to be somewhere right now.

6. Eidolonic

The mayor does not gain any additional information. And uh. There's no doctor or angels in this game, so there's nothing keeping the witches from killing optimal targets, except the threat of an extra life.

I wasn't targeted early in WH1, because of the threat of angel protection initially, and then the lover or bishop gambit. I wasn't targeted in SW3 because... I really don't know. I claimed vanilla, and there was a doctor and cop still alive, and scum made questionable choices. I wasn't targeted in WH2 because I claimed Fanatic, which was a vanilla role with an extra life - and witches couldn't afford to have a kill bounce.

In this game, with this setup, the mayor needs to be someone who is an extremely high priority kill for witches, which is why I suggested myself or Kai, primarily. I'd also be alright with Stojil getting it, if he was around and I was relatively sure of him being town.

Your logic makes no real sense. People that lead town, generate discussion, and make things actually happen /should/ be protected - not "make the least sense" for the extra life.

7. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    And THAT would be because your looking at this the wrong way. The Mayoral position is far more useful for the Asylum abilities then the extra life (given the number of ways it can be circumvented). And quite honestly one of you, Ash or Kai is scum, given the OTP mechanics. Right now given the Stojil name drops, whose meta honestly doesn't deserve it, I'm leaning towards you.

8. Eidolonic

I...firmly disagree? The asylum mechanic is nice and all, but that can generally be used as the town consensus. The real perk is the extra life, and a means to enable a strong town voice to survive a night kill, or deter any attempts at being killed.

It's entirely possible one of Ash, Kai, or Stojil are scum, sure - probability dictates as such. But I'd rather someone who is proven to be a good, vocal town player (myself, Kai, Stojil) get the extra life and night kill protection, rather than not.

9. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

Kalas, player ability trumps mechanics every time.

Keeping a strong players alive longer is much better than some shitty ability.

10. Klackerz

Klackerz Bridgeburner

Yep, I don't want any of the above players as mayor. The potential of any of them being a scum is a little bit too high for them to get an extra life.

If I have to choose from among the people who nominated themselves above, I guess I'll choose Menace.

11. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I hate menace, I'd be happy to be mayor, I'm putting myself out there, but I won't cast the first vote for myself.

12. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    For once, I'm not going to campaign for this shit. Mostly because I got mayor last time (and scum) so I don't think I'll get it, but also because I agree with the idea that giving the position to an active poster and overall decent player is a good one.

Judging by the posts so far, Eidolonic hasn't stood out as scummy. Uncle Stojil hasn't posted at all, and KaiDASH hasn't said much beyond echoing Eidolonic. Therefore I'm more inclined to give Eido the position than Kai, but I'll hold my vote until we get some more posting and I can get some preliminary scum reads on people.

---------- Post automerged at 07:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 AM ----------

Okay, DLP. It's question time again with a bit of a DLPHunt twist.

1) If you were the KaiDASH, who would you pick to be a KaiBOT?
    2) If you were the Uncle, who would you check?
    3) If you were the Zeitgeist, which two would you check tonight?
    3a) Is it more important to get a guilty check on night one, or two innocent checks to use as the base for later checks (keeping in mind that the Palindrome checks innocent)?
    4) We should never let the Oblat start gaining lives. True/False?

Enjoy.

13. Klackerz

Klackerz Bridgeburner

You know. I am going to campaign for mayor. I'll probably not get it but what the hell.

So yeah choose me because even if I am scum, I'll lose because I have never won as a scum and I've been scum like 4-5 times and if I am town, you'll get a mildly competent town as mayor.

14. Aekiel

High Score:
    Or someone who doesn't know how to play town very well. Either/or.

15. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Wait what about me?

I have only one question.

If you were the Mishie, what would your plan be?

16. Aekiel

High Score:
    I'd be the loudest motherfucker possible, to the point where town are hesitant to lynch me, but scum are tempted to remove me from the game.

---------- Post automerged at 08:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 AM ----------

Just like I did when I was a Lover in the now infamous Bishop-Lover!Eido game.

17. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

I’m the farthest thing to a leader that you’ll ever see and town has never followed me, not even accidentally.

You either need to reread the rules or stop manipulating information. Since you said you’ve offered Lungs advice for the ruleset, it’s most probably the latter. I’m not going to vote for you (I’ll be honest… I wouldn’t have, either way).

The classic retort here is 'what if that strong player is scum?'. This said, there are quite a few ways to get around scum-Mayors with an extra-life in this game. In DLPHunt 1, if the derp!Mishie (hey Ollie!) hadn't suicided the previous day, I would have targeted Scum-Mayor!Aekiel with my piercing Vig-kill in the night. He ended up dying to a modkill, instead. He could have also died if put in the Asylum and targeted by the Moridin (I think).

The only kind of vote I will direct towards Ash is a lynch vote. And lol at her being whiteknighted because she's likeble.

And no, I'm not going to vote for Menace since he's a bit of an Eido-puppet (no offense... well, a bit of offense, I guess). As for Gambit, if your objective is to survive the early lynches that seem to find their way towards you, I suggest you pay attention to your posts, instead of asking for an extra-life.

This leaves Kai and Klackerz among those who campaigned, but there's too little from either one of them.

Mayor Vote: Dovaekiin

Good vibes and meta from him.

And since it seems like it was mostly overlooked:

:facepalm

18. Mishie

Mishie Fat Dog

So yeah, Lungs decided to start this thing on my first day of placement, as such...
    I've decided that I want to put my name in the run for mayor, simply because of the fact that I've never bothered to go for it before, plus I think that it would work well with my role.
    Mayor Vote: Mishie.

19. Aekiel

High Score:
    Well, I gotta say I was surprised by this, what with how I was scum Mayor last time and all. If there's support though I'll take the job.

Mayor Vote: Dovaekiin

Still, I'd prefer it if we start scum hunting now. There's no point in putting it off, since that just wastes Day One and we'll be stuck with a last minute lynch (like last time), which rarely ever ends well.

So with that, Zennith, could you why you just want to join a bandwagon rather than actually thinking about who could be Mayor? That reads very much like scum trying to hide themselves in the background.

After all, even if it's just viewed as an extra life, the Mayor can be a very powerful position in the wrong hands. Just think of what the Oblat could do, or plain scum like last time (though I admit I could have played it better than I did). So why not give a couple of meta reads, look at the arguments various players have put forth for being Mayor and then decide if any of them are good ones. You don't even have to vote right now, but not even looking is worse than refusing to vote for any candidates.

Deadline Lynch Vote: Zennith

---------- Post automerged at 09:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 AM ----------

Also, if you all could start answering my questions it would be helpful.

---------- Post automerged at 09:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 AM ----------

FUCK. Forgot there were no lynches on day one, so consider my vote on Zennith to be a symbolic thing rather than an actual vote.

20. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

And your post isn't suspicious at all.

/me sighs