1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

DLPhunt2 - More Suckers, Less Stars

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Lungs, Jun 2, 2012.

1. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    meh, I like Aekiel well enough.

Rescind Mayor Vote

Mayor Vote: Dovaekiin

2. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

having no day 1 lynch is the stupidest thing ever btw

---------- Post automerged at 07:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 PM ----------

anyway, fake vote: kalas for seriously suggesting such horribly suboptimal usage of town resources.

3. Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist High Inquisitor

I agree with you, which is why I'm nominating myself for mayorship. My track record? I always die young: WH1, HoT1, and DE2. Plus I've always been town, except when I was scum in SW2. For once, I would prefer not to get NKed early and actually enjoy a game. Since I'm a gregarious guy who will give you chums peace and prosperity, vote for the unusual option: Zeitgeist

4. Klackerz

Klackerz Bridgeburner

Zeitgeist as mayor may actually work. So for now

Mayor Vote:Zeitgeist

Also, if anyone do want me for mayor, vote for me.

5. KaiDASH

well if we're going to reference meta like this, I consistently do very well as town (look at most games I've played here for ref.) while imploding horribly as scum (again, most games here).

also manstincts

<3 stojil

--

On a somewhat related note: while the jwlk (role) is alive, nobody should claim ever unless you are the zeitgeist (the role) AND you have info that will win the game.

Because there are some roles that are obvious on death (lutris/mattsilver, etc) so narrowing the potential roles of the remaining live players further is a one way ticket to losing the game.

In case the implication isn't clear - It is absolutely correct to go down silently rather than roleclaim "wait I'm the kensington don't lynch me"

I kind of feel that should go without saying... but I went and said it anyway because some people.

Anyway I have work to do and uni/a presentation tomorrow so I likely won't be posting again for at least 24 hours.

6. KaiDASH

well if we're going to reference meta like this, I consistently do very well as town (look at most games I've played here for ref.) while imploding horribly as scum (again, most games here).

also manstincts

<3 stojil

--

On a somewhat related note: while the jwlk (role) is alive, nobody should claim ever unless you are the zeitgeist (the role) AND you have info that will win the game.

Because there are some roles that are obvious on death (lutris/mattsilver, etc) so narrowing the potential roles of the remaining live players further is a one way ticket to losing the game.

In case the implication isn't clear - It is absolutely correct to go down silently rather than roleclaim "wait I'm the kensington don't lynch me"

I kind of feel that should go without saying... but I went and said it anyway because some people.

Anyway I have work to do and uni/a presentation tomorrow so I likely won't be posting again for at least 24 hours.

7. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

Was there really no tangible reason for your check? Only a gut-feeling? I thought you just wouldn’t tell me because of game stuff.

8. Zeitgeist

On KaiDASH and Eidolonic, I am reluctant to give the mayorship to somebody who dominates the town, especially considering how Kai puppeteered KH for a while in HoT1. And Eidolonic, despite his SW3 performance, reminds me too much here of an early scum!Kai. :(

Ashaya is a decent pick, but when she demonstrates this amount of enthusiasm for the game, she's either scum or an interesting townie. And Vira was right in saying that Ashaya can be really hard to read, so I'm sorry, Ash, but I don't trust my scumhunting abilities enough to vote for you, even though you'd be a "safer" candidate than Kaidolonic.

9. KaiDASH

Ashaya is not a high priority scum kill in the current meta imo (unless for strictly role related reasons) so giving her something that is primarily an extra life is somewhat redundant (and mostly useless).

I'd support me, Eido, Stojil, jwlk, Zeit based on meta and my rating of them in roughly that order.

Of course, I'm the only real option because everyone else is potentially scum.

Also people should fakevote because wtf lungs. Honestly. How are we supposed to get things done without the ability to hang someone from the walls.

Fakevote tally

Kalas (1) - KaiDASH

---------- Post automerged at 08:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 PM ----------

oh yeah, @stojil.

Manstincts went wild on your last post prior to day end (... 237? i think?)

10. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Just forgot for a moment, given how long it's been since the last time we had no day one lynch. Remembered very quickly that we didn't though.

11. Zeitgeist

If we're doing lynch suspects for Day 1, I don't feel particularly comfortable with Zennith's brand of non-commitment. Although I've never played with him before, his posts appear rather evasive and frankly surreptitious. Also, insert standard statement about Vira.

Before I forget, I'm submitting my vote before returning to my Bioethics project: Mayor Vote: Zeitgeist. Vote for me, because you know I'll otherwise die an early NK and because I offer you a fair but fun mayorship.

12. Aekiel

High Score:
    Is this the fun scum hunting type or the fun GLADoS is offering you cake type of Mayorship? Because something about this tripped my scumdar, though it's hard to say exactly what.

---------- Post automerged at 12:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 PM ----------

Hmm... Looking on it, I think it's the last line. Just the way you said it strikes alarm bells in my head.

---------- Post automerged at 12:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 PM ----------

Or hell, maybe I'm just being paranoid.

13. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

I think it's mostly paranoia Aek. Which makes me feel a tiny bit better about you. Not enough to support your Mayoral campaign, though. Some of your questions just rubbed me the wrong way, in ways I can't quite articulate. It's not that they were strictly 'bad', just that purely role-based questions in a game with an obliterator can be trap-ish, as people are stupid and like to talk about their role in excess.

I'd rather have myself (obviously) or maybe Kai/Stojil as mayor, but of the players with multiple votes....

Mayor Vote: Zeitgeist

is something I could maybe support. I'm heading out of town shortly, and will not be back before day end. I'll queue my night action just in case. If I have one. Zeit at least seems to have a vague grasp on the reasons why the Mayoral position is valuable, and I've gotten better ~vibes from him than I have Aekiel or Ashaya.

I roughly agree with Kai's list of who I'd support, but. Yeah. Ashaya and Aek (sorry!) are not... on that list. Or at least not near the top of it. You're both firmly above AngelRick, Menace and Ollie, though, don't worry. (I'm sure that makes you feel much better. <3)

---------- Post automerged at 10:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 AM ----------

Fucking formatting.

Mayor Vote: Zeitgeist

Also

Fake Lynch Vote: AngelRick

Because ex-mods faction.

Kalas, Zennith, and to a lesser extent Stojil are also people I want to keep an eye on and poke with very sharp sticks tomorrow.

14. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm still here and reading, Aek still looks good, but Zeit isn't that bad.. I just don't want to play Indian giver with my votes.

Eid is making sense so far, Jangel, care to say anything? how about you.... er... cas?

15. Aekiel

High Score:
    Actually, it was half an attempt to get a read on peoples' answers and half a way to let the actual roles hide in the crowd. After all, the best answers are generally taken in the first three responses and the rest are a combination of 'I agree with this' and 'I didn't think it worked that way'. Easy way for the roles to get some advice without asking too.

16. Zennith

Zennith Pebble Wrestler ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Well, lets look at what was going on when I posted:

There had been a few people presenting themselves as mayoral candidates. I was not particularly certain about any of them. I myself have no particular desire to be mayor. As such, I wanted to see a bit more about what was going before committing to one vote or another. However, I didn't just want to sit back and not post - I'm not a wallflower, never have been and never will be.

I actually support Dovaekiin, despite his accusation. I think he was asking the right sorts of questions and is a competent player. As was mentioned, the most important thing is for the mayor to be a strong player. You don't want someone weak who will compromise everyone.

Mayor Vote: Dovaekiin

17. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

People replying with 'I didn't think it worked that way' is part of the reason why entirely role-based things are bleh. Because it enables the Obliterator to narrow down what roles people are not.

Leaving forrealz now, just poked nose in when email beeped at me regarding other things, and got distracted by shinies. Try not to lynch anyone while I'm gone. Oh, right...

18. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Way to miss the forrest for the stunted tree out front Kai. I'm not saying elect Striker to Mayor ffs. I'm saying not Eid or you. For painfully obvious reasons.

19. KaiDASH

Why?

Don't bother answering, I already know - Silly loss aversion 'oh noes what if they are scum'.

The lower down the totem pole you go for this, the less benefit you get out of the extra life and manipulation of scum kill priorities due to that (extra life).

All I'm getting out of you is doubtcasting on prominent scumhunters for no good reason (and it's not like scum haven't tried that before), which obviously makes you look bad.

20. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Mayor Vote: KaiDASH.

I think Kai is our best choice due to him being easy to scum-read. I suppose I could live with an Eid mayor, but I’d rather not have an Aekiel, Ash, or Zeit mayor. I don’t know Aekiel and Zeit’s playing style well enough to trust them and Ash is just generally hard to read.