1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

E3 2012

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Celestin, Jun 5, 2012.

1. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    No, I didn't misunderstand. I know what it means.

I think what's getting to me is the lack of what I think is anti aliasing. Look at the blanket on the horse between 11s and 15s. And the gold shit on the guys dress between 31s and 35s. That's what I'm talking about, it's really detracting from the overall realism and amazingness of the rest of the graphics.

Also, there's no way they could possibly make those kind of graphics work properly on the hardware inside a PS3 or Xbox 360, so I presume there will be a PC release?

2. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

Not one mentioned of Planetside 2?

... Wow, DLP, I'm disappointed. For a game in Alpha, looking to open up into closed Beta, it looks and sounds stunning, god help us all when it's fully polished, finished and ready to go. The new free to play model helps a bunch too in comparison to the previous pay-to-play model for the original.

Eagerly awaiting the e-mail with granted beta access should it ever come...

3. Jester

Jester Seventh Year DLP Supporter

The Last of Us looks epic. Almost makes me want to buy a PS3. I wish there would be a PC version...

4. redshell

redshell Order Member

Please see the following;

5. Striker

Striker What's up demons?

Gonna have to second (Third? Fourth?) The Last of Us as looking fucking sweet. Thank god I have a blu-ray machine- er, PS3 lying around.

Also, while campaign demos are all well and good, I want my Blops 2 zombie mode preview damn it. Even just a map screenshot would do at this point!

6. Solomon

Solomon Heir

Okay, Sony has some seriously fucked up priorities. They found their E3 press conferences over the past couple years have been pretty long and decided to make them shorter. Sure, I can understand that. So what they did is effectively throw the Playstation Vita under the bus and give the idea that they have nothing going for it.

This is so far from the case, and it blows my mind that they didn't reorganize their conference to put some time into the console. Here's why. There are some seriously interesting games in there.

First off is something of a known quantity, Persona 4: The Golden, a portable upgraded port of Persona 4 with a bunch of new features, some new story elements, new animated cutscenes, and a bunch of other stuff you can find more information about at Atlus's site.

Second, there's Soul Sacrifice, a fucking Keiji Inafune game that looks really great.

Third, Gravity Rush seems to be a stylish beat-em up style game that uses the gyro in the PSV in a really weird way that's actually pretty interesting. Also, it's coming out next week

There are a bunch of other weird titles that are worth looking at in there that you should be able to see in that first video I linked. The PSV actually does have titles coming out, but Sony fucked up hard with their conference.

EDIT: Just going to add this article talking about it. Here's the link.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2012
  7. Johndoe022

Johndoe022 Third Year

Agreed BsuperB I am waiting eagerly for my planetside 2 beta access key. It looks amazing. There's a lot of awesome games to look for and it's awesome. Like I just saw the preview and gameplay of colonial marines (Badass) then there is Bioshock Infinte, The new Star Wars game and Dishonored which looks to be cool as well. It's a great year to be a gamer!!

8. Paimon

Paimon That fucking cat

No real need to mention it. Guaranteed sex machine (assuming they don't fuck it over completely with the RM store).

This, however, concerns me greatly: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0WQJD0v5P8#t=1m45s

Where the hell did Bateson go? They apparently also fired Jesper Kyd. -_-

9. funflash

funflash First Year