1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

DLPhunt2 - More Suckers, Less Stars

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Lungs, Jun 2, 2012.

1. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Er, doesn't the Bullet Punch kill only prioritize the scum night-kill? I mean, can't Eido be the Mishie, who starts with an extra life?

2. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

I don't think so ? The way the priority is structured, it looks like it happens before the extra life can come into effect.

3. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Yes, Mishie can be bullet punched.

4. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    For a Night One Bullet Punch the Mishie, the MattSilver and the jwlk would survive. Three possible roles and I can see a case for each (though I'm personally leaning towards the jwlk).

---------- Post automerged at 10:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 PM ----------

Herp ninja'd. Didn't notice it was a priority thing.

5. Vira

High Score:
    That's weird. :/

Okay, then he's either scum or the Matt Silver. I'm leaning towards the former as Eido has been acting weird all game. But we'll see after lynching him.

6. Koalas

High Score:
    Lynching does nothing Vira. Both would survive. Like Kai said the Uncle has to cure him first.

7. Vira

High Score:
    I know. The Uncle will presumably cure him before we lynch him.

8. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    um so what exactly is up with Zennith? not sure I get what happened there.

9. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Kai, you're either being dumb, or you are scum.

You want to waste a town check, an asylum, and a lynch, on the chance that I might be an unkillable scum role that will reveal itself eventually regardless.

I'm the MattSilver. I'm not the Jwlk, as entertaining as that would be. Yes, I'll get eaten by the Jwlk when it does decide to reveal itself, but that's a better situation than wasting a ton of town resources on killing a town member who can actually help town while alive.

Just keep your roles in your pants, and don't let the Jwlk get any more lives than it already has. One extra life is managable - multiple ones will end up causing problems.

No, I don't want the Lutris to reveal itself. I'm perfectly fine with someone trying to counterclaim MattSilver, however. But no one will. Because, y'know. I'm town. Is that a reasonable alternative to wasting town resources like your original plan?

There is no one dead. So no one counterclaiming my role means that I am that role, and you are being stupid. Christ.

You aren't this dumb, Kai. Which means, y'know.

You am scum.

10. Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist High Inquisitor

On the topic of Eidolonic, I'd rather wait for other people to state their own opinions before posting my own views. Currently, I am a little conflicted, so I need some more time to think. The mechanics of this game still make my head ache, however; it reminds me of that time I tried eating a durian in between exam preparations. :/

What are we supposed to do with our resident asylumee, Zennith? Personally, I still feel that he satisfies enough scum-criteria to warrant a death, which should give us a role-reveal and some more direction. Does anybody disagree?

11. Eidolonic

Aekiel and the Irene both put him in the asylum together, due to lack of communication.

---------- Post automerged at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 PM ----------

It's a hunt, Zeit. There are no role reveals on death.

I'm perfectly fine with killing him, though, as I'd have been pushing for his lynch if he wasn't put in the asylum.

Going to go with Lynch: Kalas to start the day off. Kai is most assuredly on my radar after that terribleness earlier, though.

12. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

Proactively containing a huge threat to town is not in any way dumb.

Especially when your best skill at these games is figuring out what roles people are. So you'll need to forgive me if I look at the numbers, a see 50% chance of impending apocalypse and go 'HOW TO AVOID THIS'.

ps

YOU.

13. Zeitgeist

Like I said, although the mechanics of this game elude me and are labyrinthine in both their execution and set-up, I do believe that we can choose to free, kill, and continue-to-imprison Zennith? And killing him would reveal his role?

14. AngelRick

AngelRick Guest

Hmmm when the third party kills Eido, we'll know for sure. Until then, I think a healthy suspicion is good. This *could* be a way to lure out the real MattSilver, but I think Eido is smarter than to try something as simple as that.

But let's not focus on the third party, let's scum hunt. What do you all think about Zennith, I think both Irene and the Mayor imprisoned him, that means both have a suspicion about him. Lurking obviously is bad and scummy, and tbh, I haven't seen much from him at all. Unless I see more, I think it'll be worthwhile for us to kill him.
    By targeting Eido, I think scum are trying to make this an inactive festivity. I don't want to see that happen. I made that mistake last game, and I don't want to make it again.

15. Eidolonic

Then ask for a counterclaim.

There are no players dead, (and well, the MattSilver wouldn't be dead at this point anyways), so there is no chance that I can fake-claim MattSilver without being counterclaimed.

You are operating on extreme risk aversion, and you are being dumb.

There will not be a counter claim because, y'know. I'm town.

I do understand the paranoia and fear over me being the oblit. Because I'd oblit all over the faces and probably win. But, I'm not, and there are easy countermeasures for ensuring I am what I say. Wasting a ton of town resources and killing me is.... not the best way to go about things, and you know this.

---------- Post automerged at 09:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

Ugh. It's not an attempt to 'lure out the real MattSilver'. And even if it was, you'd still get 100% confirmation on who the Jwlk is, on day two, and you can respond accordingly. There is no downside to having everyone go 'I am not the MattSilver' or something akin to that.

Now, stop fixating on the town member that the witches fucking shot, and look at the people who are perpetuating this shitfest, and the people who were extremely questionable on day one: Zennith, Kalas, and to a lesser extent - Stojil and Jwlk.

16. Koalas

High Score:
    Lol Eido. This will be fun. Two quick questions; game mechanics:

Given this massive fucking weakpoint the Lutris gives you don't you think.. I dunno, that running for Mayor MAY have been a bad idea?

and meta:

How many games have we played together?

17. Eidolonic

I didn't actually expect or intend to win the Mayoral vote, though I wouldn't have fully objected if I had won. It'd have given me a reason to survive a kill other than being role-based, and I could bait another kill by breadcrumbing a power town information role.

And, uh. Me /not/ running for Mayor would have said quite a bit about my role, regardless, so there was no chance I wasn't doing that.

I think we've played three games together, though I've read pretty much every mafia game run on this site at one point or another.

18. Striker

Striker What's up demons?

Can't edit it now, fucker!

But yeah, on the topic of Zennith, I'd be fine with killing him. All info is good info, and we can't afford lurkers in such a scum-sided game. Thus:

Asylum Kill: Zennith

And in regards to the whole Eido thing, it'll depend on how the extra lives the Jwlk gains work. If you can whittle down the extra ones while the Eidolonic is still alive, I think it'd be a better idea to leave Eido alive and see how things pan out. If it's like Pokemafia, however, and you can't touch any extra lives before the Thrall is dead... yeah. Nip that shit in the bud.

Clarification, Lungs?

19. Koalas

High Score:
    Well seeing how obvious your lack of real effort for the position was, and where it got you that info would have been out there regardless. Claiming a time commitment would have been easier.

And thought so. Funny story, your suspicions of me are basically meta based (unless you've actually got something to quote). You feel my game is off and well it is. Cause, unlike our last 3 games, I'm not scum. In fact this is my first town game in almost 6 months.

20. Zeitgeist

Menace, you do realise that you cannot rescind Asylum Votes? I myself felt inclined to vote for Zennith's death but refrained in order to hear what other people had to say, before submitting a non-reversible decision. =/

Oh well. Now I can say that you're suspiciously eager to kill Zennith or stupid. Or both