1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

DLPhunt2 - More Suckers, Less Stars

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Lungs, Jun 2, 2012.

1. Zennith

Zennith Pebble Wrestler ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I could get behind this too. All of Kalas, Eido and Kai are in some way suspicious to me.

Of course, I can't vote. So it doesn't really matter.

2. Klackerz

Klackerz Bridgeburner

Hey Lungs, Didn't you get my pm from some two days before?

Anyway I will not be able to play. Some issues came up and my internet access is very seriously limited for the next week, possibly more.

So yeah,please replace me with someone and I am sorry for the trouble.

3. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

In light of recent events, namely Eidolonic claiming MattSilver, I'm going to have to go with believing him until someone counterclaims. No one is dead, so he has to be trueclaiming.

Kalas and KaiDASH (and yes, Vira, to an extent) were being somewhat belligerent and as Eido said, beating a dead whore.

I have been suspicious of Kalas from day 1, and he is the best lead we have, IMO.

This is why I will

Deadline lynch vote: Kalas

As for Zennith, I believe the role reveal info could be helpful, but I honestly have no idea why both Aekiel and the Irene chose Zennith of all people. Aekiel, mind enlightening us?

4. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I guess I can Deadline Lynch Vote: Kalas since AngelDick is just sitting there with no votes and Kalas is fine enough to kill.

5. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    That's nice. But just to follow this logic chain -> Eido or Kai is scum -> I don't like Eido and Kai's trying to get me lynched -> Kalas is scum.

What was I thinking voting for Aekiel when I could have had this keen mind as Mayor?

6. Striker

Striker What's up demons?

I don't think Zeit said anywhere that Eido and Kai were scum. Not in the bit you quoted, at least. He was referring to the distraction they caused.

7. Sacrosanct

Sacrosanct Auror

Alright I think its weird that Zennith is in the asylum but he hasn't really been giving off a scummy vibe for me so ill go for the middle ground and...

Asylume Incarcerate: Zennith

---------- Post automerged at 02:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 PM ----------

Wow spelling mistake like woah

8. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    For the reading-impaired.

9. Another Empty Frame

High Score:
    uh wat? Silly me not remembering the rules here buuuuut I thought we can only kill or free?

Asylum Kill: Zennith

10. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    We can keep him locked up for another day, but I'm more in favour of killing him to get his role info. This way we can get an idea on who else is associated with him by his role.

As for Eido, I'm in favour of the Uncle taking away his oneshot ability. If he is the MattSilver the only thing he'd really be losing is one more extra life (and only to a lynch, too). Hell, he'd even be protecting the Lutris by getting rid of the Lutris goes to Prison clause in his oneshots.

In contrast if he's the Jwlk he loses a pretty potent weapon for the late game, opening up the Mayor/Irene Asylum uses for other people.

11. Sacrosanct

Sacrosanct Auror

Boom. Protip: when playing a game, knowing how to play is a good idea. ;)

---------- Post automerged at 04:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 PM ----------

Damn ninjaed XD

12. Another Empty Frame

High Score:
    Protip: make sure your sweet ass doesn't get ninja'd when you try to school people.

13. Aekiel

High Score:
    Ollie, you're being creepy again. Could you stop being creepy? Just for this game?

14. Azira

Azira High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

I don't really see why any of you are still gunning for Eido as long as there isn't a counter claim. there is no scenario where the mattsilver/lutris don't counter him right now so hes mattfirmed for me.

Which makes Kalad and Kai all the more suss. Kai much less than Kalas though sooo
    Deadline Lynch Vote: Kalas

I also dont really see killing Zennith at this point... just gives the jwlk more info with no tangible benefit for us.

15. Aekiel

High Score:
    The Lutris/MattSilver could not want to reveal their roles. After all, if they do that then in the mid-game when the Jwlk has (probably) used his first modkill, they become easy targets for the Jwlk to take advantage of. He'd have a 50/50 chance of getting it right, and as long as he has at least one life he'd simply be able to take the other option the next day. That's two kills in one as well.

Still, I'm just covering the bases here. If the Uncle takes away Eido's oneshot abilities and he's actually the Matt, then the Lutris is protected from being 'killed' by the double death thing. Eido would lose his extra life, sure, but as is he's prime bait for a Modkill, and I much prefer Eido dying to the witches than giving the Jwlk an easy extra life in the midgame.

And in the scenario where Eido is the Jwlk, the Uncle takes away a very powerful late game ability. Eido calling out for the Lutris/Matt could easily be his way of trying to secure an easy modkill for himself, provided he guesses right on who would counterclaim him.

All in all, I see the net benefit of saving the Lutris and preventing a possible Jwlk from keeping a powerful ability as worth the cost of the Matt's extra life.

16. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

There are still a few people who haven't posted today, so there is still a chance of a counterclaim, but for now I'm tempted to put Eido down as town. I'm happy with killing Zennith, I'm not convinced he's scum but at this point it's the best course of action. So you can have a fake asylum kill vote: Zennith. Although why did you not discuss who the mayor was going to put in the asylum yesterday? We need to do that today to avoid them hitting the same person as The Irene again.

I really don't like Kalas, mostly based on his day 1 aggression against Kai and Eido. It seemed like he really didn't want those two to have the extra life, and since they're the best town players that seems a bit of in my book. So I'm happy with a Deadline Lynch Vote: Kalas

17. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

Is this really your defense? Your day 1 was filled with questionable ideas and scummy attitude. Meta is not why there's a lynchwagon on you.

:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm :facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm

Deadline Lynch Vote: AngelRick

I'm okay with Kalas as well, and I think the Irene should incarcerate whoever isn't lynched of the two.

AR somewhat clears Eido, too, but if the real MattSilver is out there (doubtful, I don't think Eido's is a fakeclaim), he should definitely counterclaim since there's no reason not to do it (you won't die to a modkill and the Hermonies aren't going to waste a kill on your extra-lives). The Palindrome self-targeting is practically impossible too, considering the Hermonies also used the Bullet Punch for it. In light of all this, Kai's first plan looks awfully scummy.

Pros of OTP claiming = higher chance of them being town.
    Cons of OTP claiming = they don't have lynch and night-kill protection unlike WH, they're not 100% town unlike WH, there's a third faction that wouldn't normally know who they are and would like to see them dead (the jwlk could put them higher on his list of modkills, the Eidolonic could use his acquired power gained from the first dead townie against them).

It's not worth it, IMO.

This doesn't scream 'SCUMBUDDY!!!' at all.

fakeAsylum Kill: Zennith

Only the Irene will incarcerate tonight, but yeah, we should definitely discuss that on the odd days.

18. Zennith

High Score:
    Because, ya know, somebody having a different opinion on how to go forward that actually takes some reasoning and caution is DEFINITELY ALWAYS a scumtell.

In fact, in the games I've played I've found that the people who most quickly call out partner pairs as scum based off of simple shared sentiment tend to be scum quite often themselves.

As such, I think you're probably scum.

And considering that I already was leery of you to begin with, I'm pretty positive now.

---------- Post automerged at 09:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 AM ----------

Also, Lungs, answer questions in QT please. It would be helpful.

19. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

I'm not sure you read the exchange correctly.

Reasoning? Where? She said she didn't think you were scummy and then voted for you to remain in the Asylum. Why not freeing you, then? That reeks of scum defending you only half-way because she was too afraid of being linked to you.

Shared sentiment? What? Do you share her sentiment of keeping yourself in the Asylum?

20. Zennith

High Score:
    You would keep someone in the Asylum if you aren't sure. As in, what's the harm? There's plenty of info to be gained by seeing what happens - since whoever is incarcerated can't use their abilities. There's a narrowing that can happen there - and its just about playing safely and smartly instead of getting lynch/kill happy right off the bat. The percentages aren't in the towns favor if we play that way.

---------- Post automerged at 10:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 AM ----------

Yeah, sure. Keep me in the Asylum another night. That's fine by me.