1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mass Effect 3 General

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Iztiak, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Actually, it seems that EDI doesn't die if you pick Destruction. It didn't happen with me, but people have been reporting that she comes out of the Normandy with Joker at the end, and it isn't a bug. One of the writers, Patrick Weekes, said in an interview/Tweet (not sure which) that while he argued that she should have died in that ending, he was overruled.

Since EDI doesn't die, and we never see what happens with the Geth, it's not too much to assume they don't all die either. And to top it off, Destruction is the only ending where Shepard can live, even when the kid says that he'll die. That kid's a lying cunt, and Destruction is by far the best ending of the bunch. Of course, that's not saying much.

2. Erandil

Erandil Minister of Magic

You can´t have them in your party.. they have some small missions on the citadel and net a few readiness points.

3. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

This. They're reduced to a few minutes of screen time, just like almost every other ME main series character. I'm right before going to speak to the Quarians and I think so far I've spent more time with those two goddamned women who guard the entrance to the war room then I have with any of the series regulars who aren't party members. (and going back through that door and stopping to hear them constantly annoys the fuck out of me, why is that door the only one in the game like that you have to stop and slowly walk though??? It chalks right up there for me in annoyance factor, right with having to constantly select my ammo powers because the fucking game keeps turning them off)

Something else I noticed, I've spent so much time on the Normandy talking to crew, and on Citadel tracking crew down when they can't be fucked to speak to me on the goddamned ship it's insane. Alot of 5-10 minute missions, and yet I've spent hours on the ship and Citadel, what the hell?

Much lulz at Javik on the Citadel. Are you a Prothean? Yes. Any words of advice? Nope, you're fucked. o_O

4. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    So, the extended ending cut is released this week (unless you're in Europe and playing on a PS3, for some reason). Who'll be downloading all 1.9gb of it?

5. Iztiak

Iztiak Prisoner DLP Supporter

I'm looking forwards to their attempt at explaining that ending. That thing was such bullshit that I'm not sure how on earth they would manage it without looking even dumber.

6. Matian

Matian Seventh Year DLP Supporter

I plan on just watching it on youtube. I'm not going to reinstall the game just to watch a few cutscenes that probably won't change my opinion of game in any fundamental way if any way at all.

Harsh, but it's their own fault.

7. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'll also watch it on Youtube. I don't have any ME3 saves and I don't want to play through it again at the moment (though I probably will eventually).

I don't think they can possibly make the ending worse than it is right now, but we've known it's not going to fix what's really wrong with the ending ever since it was announced.

8. Othalan

Othalan Headmaster DLP Supporter

Meh, I'm not sure I care enough anymore to bother downloading it, even for free. The ending killed that series so hard for me I haven't even looked at one of the games in a few months, and I don't think I even want to try to muster the emotional involvement of playing it again, considering that this extended ending has sounded from the start like a lot of petulant ass-covering with a very high potential for disappointment. Notice that they're describing the features of the extended ending identically to how they described the original ending before the game came out.

I'll pass on this and continue living in my own little world where ME doesn't exist anymore. If people here say that the extended cut is absolutely amazing, I might change my mind, but until then I'd rather not waste the hard-drive space.

9. Erandil

Erandil Minister of Magic

Yeah.. I will also wait on some reviews about it... Like so many others ME died with that ending for me and I really can´t seem to muster the energy to play it again.

10. Myst

Myst Headmaster

I personally will be playing it. I still have the saves I need to start from where EC starts up.

Then again, my ending views were not as negative as most of DLPs was.

11. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Like Myst, I'll be downloading it. I'm interested to see what they do with it; my problem with the ending wasn't so much the content as the fact that it came out of nowhere. The whole AI/Synthetic thing was ok, it just needed to be introduced earlier. Like, say, ME2.

I think it's going to come across as an infodump to rival any of Dumbledore's, but I can live with that. It's going to be interesting to see which is the most downloaded though; it comes out on the same day as the xbox release of Dawnguard (Skyrim DLC), so...

12. Fatality

Fatality Order Member

Dawnguard is only being released on 360, so that combined with the fact that the ME3 endings are free means it will definitely have more downloads. If you're only counting how many downloads ME3 gets on Xbox, then I'd say Skyrim would win, considering waaaaay more people bought it than ME3.

Also, Skyrim didn't make people hate it's franchise, so that counts for a lot.

Not sure if I'll download this. I really don't care much about Mass Effect anymore, which is weird as it used to be one of my favorite games. I'll probably just watch it on Youtube too unless people say it's absolutely amazing (which I sincerely doubt it will be).

13. Captain Trips

Captain Trips High Inquisitor

I actually liked the extended cut dlc, and that because you got the option to reject all three endings. And the extended cutscenes and the epilouges were satisfying to.

14. Fatality

Fatality Order Member

What are you talking about? It isn't out yet is it?

15. Lutris

Lutris Jarl Dovahkiin DLP Supporter

It is for Xbox. PC users like us have to wait another 40ish minutes.

16. Fatality

Fatality Order Member

Better than waiting a month like for Skyrim I guess. Still, weird that EA would do that considering they completely control when they want to release things on Origin.

I might be able to find it on youtube though, I guess. Or would any 360 players here say it's good enough to bother downloading?

17. Captain Trips

Captain Trips High Inquisitor

It's worth downloading. The catalyst gives out more information then in the original, you can reject him and best of all you get to know why Joker was leaving the battle.

18. Nauro

Nauro Headmaster

And now, I'm thinking to actually buy the thing, because I din't buy it only because of the endings.
    Am watching them on youtube now, will know what to do when I'll see all of them. ;D

Edit:
    Well, it's kind of more what should have been.

Also - is there any proof about rejecting the child?
    (well, you seem to have seen the option - what happens then?)
    I found all the three endings on youtube, but didn't find the rejection option anywhere.

Edit2: found out that you lose, but I'd really like to see if there's an ending animation. Could probably have reused the one from arival, but then again, I'm kind of hoping for some cinematics. If they have it, I'm going to buy the game. Maybe.
    If only it wasn't on Orgin, I'd buy the shit out of that game otherwhise.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2012
  19. CBH

CBH Sixth Year

20. Fatality

Fatality Order Member

Just watched the new destroy ending on youtube. My thoughts:

It's an improvement, but I'd still say it's pretty shit. There are still some plot holes (and the way they filled in some of the plot holes was pretty stupid - i.e your love interest telling Joker to leave you behind is very WTF?) and I'm just not a big fan of the way the ending was done in general.

What I saw didn't interest me enough to bother downloading the DLC and playing the ending through again. Not enough to make me bother again - too little, too late, etc.

So yes, they improved the ending. Now it is a well executed shit ending, instead of just being a poorly executed shit ending. Congratulations, Bioware.