1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Dungeon Defenders

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Midknight, Jan 6, 2012.

1. Jas

Jas Fourth Year

'Fastest' way to level if you know someone who has a high level character and is well enough equipped is to run Endless Spires on campaign on insane for the first wave only. Then restart the level. Rinse and repeat. I think you can get up to 20 levels at a time if you start from scratch. Have fun people.

EDIT: If anyone wants to play with me add my Steam ID: Jas2. I will be starting from scratch to happy to play with anyone regardless of level or experience. Shall be fun.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2012
  2. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Been doing Hall of Court Hard Hardcore Survival runs trying to get money to upgrade my gear and slowly grind to mythical gear. I usually solo, or play with my son, but we're not equipped enough yet to run Spires on Insane. The Ogre I can hold back for alittle while, but not long enough to finish him and finish the wave.

3. Midknight

Disconnected from Ranked servers after a 2 hour survival run on Insane Hardcore Hall of Court. Pissed. Need to fix that shit bigtime, it's epidemic how often it happens in later waves.

4. Jas

Jas Fourth Year

On Insane and you cannot do? What characters and at what levels are you using? Also are they pure tower specs or hybrid? You should not be running into trouble on Insane survival runs. But easiest survival run is Deeper Forge I think - the first level. I was able to solo that past level 20.

But quick tip: Power levels = campaign on a high yield level like Spires. Power mana = survival on an easy to manage level like Deeper Forge.

EDIT: Actually that first boss level is also very good for survival as it has 4 easy to manage choke points. If you are grinding mana, lower levels are better. For drops though, NMHC DLC levels are best but hardest also.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2012
  5. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

Downloading the game right now but Steam is giving me really shitty speed. Once its done I will join you guys as well. :)

6. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

Just started playing, took a little while to understand everything. I got through the first campaign The Deeper Well easily. But I have failed four time on Foundries and Forges, no matter what I do in the last run all my defenses go down and I can't stop 'em from getting to the crystal. And I can only man 1 door myself. I am playing as apprentice on medium difficulty.

Also, I can not seem to be able to change the controls, any idea why?

Anyways, added you jas, looking forward to play. :D

---------- Post automerged at 04:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:43 PM ----------

Also, I got to level 7 but it is slow, if anyone can help me level up it would be great. ^^

---------- Post automerged 07-26-2012 at 04:38 PM ---------- Previous post was 07-25-2012 at 04:57 PM ----------

Played for a hew fours with pdo today. Had a shit-ton of fun. I have a lvl-42 apprentice now. We kept trying this one level (I forgot the name) but it was way way hard, even at easy difficulty. Gonna retry, would be great if more you people joined. :p

7. pdo91

pdo91 Professor DLP Supporter

Palantir. Hella hard, but hella fun. Definitely a 4 person map.

8. Midknight

I'll try to get up with everyone Sunday (hint motherfuckers it's my birthday gimme stuff) and see if we can tackle it.

9. Jas

Jas Fourth Year

If I am free I'll try and come online too. But since I do not own any DLC I may not be eligible to play. I know before that Eternia Shards content was witheld from those who did not purchase but other DLC content was freely playable as long as someone with the content hosted the game.

By the way, if anyone is generous enough to gift me the DLC pack I'd be eternally grateful and power-level like a boss!

10. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

I have been planning to try and do City in The Hills, but it is an insane map, prolly the hardest if you don't have any DLC's. Anyway, it is a big-ass map, 6 people can play on it. From a few rounds I have played (and died a horrible death) on it, it is safe to say you should have myth gear to tackle it.

I know 5 guys including me from DLP who play DD, the other four being Middy, pdo, jas and Giz. If we can find another, it would be great to tackle that map sometime.

Thoughts?

11. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

While I don't play it myself, I know of at least two(or was it three?) other unmentioned people that do. One of them is technically even a member of DLP.

12. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

Good, so we bring him on the team. 6 guys is what we need for the map. It will probably be hard to find all 6 online at once so we will probably have to look for some more people.

BTW Fen, you should try it. This game is fucking awesome!

---------- Post automerged at 11:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 PM ----------

UPDATE: Found a bunch of people playing this on Insane HC non-survival and joined 'em and HOLY SHIT! 7 waves (8-14) and I got 12 million+ exp AND mana.

7 waves. 20 minutes at most. 12+ Million Exp. 12+ Million mana.

The only problem is none of us have the right gear to survive that map for even the first few waves on Insane Hardcore. :|

I alt+tabbed outta the game to post this. And guess what? Those guys are going for it again. :D

tl;dr: Get on and let's do this.

13. Midknight

I need to get around to finishing the rest of the DLC maps and challenges. Slowly grinding towards 74 so I can equip my mythics though. Me and pdo played for some last night, got to wave 19 insane hardcore on hall of court, until I got one shot by a damned warrior through a wall 2 seconds into the wave starting.

14. Jas

Jas Fourth Year

Middy you need to get a move on. Got 3 level 74s all myth'd up!

I am very interested in that map you are talking about Castiel.

EDIT: Just saw the map and the build. Not impossible but I need a Series EV and a Summoner to help me out.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2012
  15. Midknight

Dude what the fuck are you guys doing, lol. I played with others, outside of family and DLP, for the first time last night for a few hours. Very, very much rage inducing when this dipshit huntress kept selling maxed out towers because she wanted to feel like she was helping, with her barely there trap stat self. Did manage to finish Summit Insane, which is just broken annoying to finish with 2 others. Got an awesome new staff too.

I think if I go get into the public maps I'd level faster, but I enjoy just doing survival waves solo most of the time.

16. Jas

Jas Fourth Year

You have to join the public games man. I have and lucked out finding a few good people to play with. They run Insane Glitter survivals once in a while so I get good mana and xp.

Myths are easy to acquire if you spend time in the shops. I got an old monk DPS staff if you want it. I focus on my tower squire and DPS monk. App's have fallen out of favour just before I stopped playing.

Also don't bother with survival unless you do Glitter. Otherwise XP return is not worth it.

17. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

We seriously need to play together. I want to try out the city and the mines map. No one really plays the latter. And both are 6 player maps. I tried the mines with Giz on easy just to get a feel for it, while the map looks good it is too much for 2 people, not in difficulty, we managed it very well but I got tired of walking around. We probably would struggle on insane but Hard should be doable.

I have a tower squire which is pretty good and I also have 200mil more mana to spend on it if need be. What we need is a good aura-monk. I have managed to get a lvl 74 fresh monk but have no mythicals for it yet. I have some in my item box I will try and find him a pair today, will have to buy a weapon though. Till that happens if anyone has a good aura-monk it would help. My DPS guy is also a monk, it has 475k normal and 1.3million dps with hero boost so it would handle most situations easily but like I said the map being fucking big is the problem. >_>

We will also need a summoner. I do not have the class but Giz does. He had it at level 72 last I saw. As soon as he gets to 74, we will be set.

We could probably use a huntress and EV but I don't know if anyone has that yet.

But what we really need to do is find a time. When I logged in today Middy had been offline for 7 minutes. :| I am available everyday from 10 AM in the morning to about 2 AM in the morning (next day) GMT + 5:30. For you guys in US it is from 11:30 PM to 5:30 PM. Find any time slot in there and we play. :D

Also, joining the public games is good for leveling but not really for fun. ^^

BTW Middy, go to some shops and buy some mythical gear. I also have some of it which I bought but never used. If I find you online I will give it to you, but it would be better to pick one which suits you from the shops and the reason I am not using it is because it isn't that good. :p Mythicals are expensive but very very very rewarding.

18. Jas

Jas Fourth Year

My DPS monk can do decent auras and is myth'd up. I have a trap huntress too. Got a tower squire but nothing too special but its enough to run Glitter Insane HC on its own but have yet to try survival.

No idea when I can reliably play but will be happy to join you if I am around.

19. Midknight

Yeah I joined a public one last night and finished my first Nightmare map ever. Fuck the mobs Eternia Shards added. They're bullshit and I can't stand them.

Apps went to shit I agree, every other class got buffed, the monsters got buffed, but Apps stayed the same, so now they're underpowered. I've slowly been building my other guys.

I've got a decent myth from a drop, but I need to get to 74 first. And I can't pick up the stuff in the shops because I'm always retarded broke, lol. I just tried finding public games again, and nothing on more then hard or entry level Insane stuff like Deep Well =(.

I'm seeing Monk's get beast later on with their aura's, and I own a Summoner and EV, so I'll work on those eventually.

20. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

Guess who has a DPS-monk of level 81, with a Trans Chain Set with each item FULLY UPGRADED?

[​IMG]

Denny Crane. That's who.

protip: See the HP and the resistances. :D