1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Rare Fanfic Society

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Skeletaure, Aug 27, 2012.

1. The-Hyphenated-One

The-Hyphenated-One Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

I'm a member of a few of the older yahoo fanfic groups, I'll see what they have in their archives.

2. Shezza

Shezza Renegade 4 Life DLP Supporter

@Taure- I don't mind. I'll see if I can dig up "Harry Potter and Ancardia" (the crossover you mentioned), but most of them should be on PatronusCharm.net

3. Brukel

Brukel Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

I don't suppose anyone has the Case13/Fosfor one where Naruto gets turned into a D&D devil/ demon? It was called Lawful Evil I think. I know it got wiped a while back and i haven't been able to find it any where.

4. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

Does anyone have the unedited version of Thalarian's Queens of Darkness, Ladies of Light? The FFnet version has most of the Lilith scene at the end of the second chapter cut, while the Ficwad version is gutted by the site's formatting problems. The DLP archive that bornagainpenguin compiled has the same version as FFnet.

5. T3t

T3t Purple Beast of DLP ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I've had the same problem as Andro. Glad this thread exists, now.

6. kyoujouran

kyoujouran Squib

Although no one has requested it yet I thought I would contribute and provide a link to a copy of BlackWindKaze's story FF7 Experience.

For those unfamiliar, FF7 Experience was a self insert story written a number of years ago which distinguished itself by being well thought out, well written and largely avoiding Mary Sue pitfalls.

Sadly, the story was discontinued after chapter 16 when the author ceased fanfiction and removed all of his works. That being said the story as is comes in at just under 160k and, in my view, is still a fairly good read for any one who enjoyed the game.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14610481/vffa_fics/ff7_experience.zip

7. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Hmm. I remember Thal commenting about how unhappy he was with the Ficwad formatting.

Unfortunately, I think the only person to have a copy of the original is Thalarian himself.

8. Sauce Bauss

Sauce Bauss Second Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Actually, if anyone has the defunct bookmark we could use waybackmachine to look for it. It's archived there for sure, since I used to read it there after it went down. That was on a laptop that died so I have no backup though.

EDIT: After puzzling out the url for the dead chapter, it looks like the internet archive's version doesn't work either. I'd used it to view the original before, not sure why it won't work now. Glanced through the html and didn't find any other links or relevant files that might help.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2012
  9. yak

yak Moderator DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Really? I tried to use archive.org to pull up the last chapter about 6 hours ago, but every version from 2007 onwards was missing the story text. I assumed Ficwad didn't allow non-signed-in readers [eg. a web crawler] to read smut fics.

The general story page: http://wayback.archive.org/web/*/http://www.ficwad.com/story/22707
    The last chapter [which is blank]: http://wayback.archive.org/web/*/http://www.ficwad.com/story/31606

Last edited: Sep 2, 2012
  10. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I think I have an original copy. Any idea when it was edited?

Also: Anyone have a complete copy of Born's archive? Ive got a ton of stuff, and am considering hosting it on the web for DLP exclusive access, if the interest is there....

11. Lamora

Lamora Definitely Not Batman ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Mother of god, give. I cannot tell you how ungodly long I've looked for that unedited scene. Any original you have would be much appreciated.

12. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I come bearing Gifts. Its in the RS.

13. yak

yak Moderator DLP Supporter Retired Staff

So that's where Oedipus Flower can be found now.

14. CBH

CBH Sixth Year

Does anyone have two oneshot Dresden Files/Harry Potter crossovers?

I think one was called Winter Wizard or something like that; it was pretty short and involved Harry Potter being chosen as the Winter Knight.

I don't know the other's name, but it had Harry being given one of the Swords of the Cross by the angel Michael. After that he went to Chicago to be trained by Michael Carpenter. I know Harry starts dating one of his daughters, but I can't remember much more.

I can't even remember if either was any good; both were taken down a while ago.

15. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

16. CBH

CBH Sixth Year

No, both were oneshots that were taken down.

17. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

I probably don't get a joke, because I checked and it still can be found in MWbA.

By the way, since I was reminded of this fic, anyone knows what woman was suppose to reside in the Citadel of Rapture in Queens of Darkness, Ladies of Light?

18. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Not any of the three Queens of Darkness, so it must have been either one of the three Ladies of Light, or the 7th mystery woman.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2012
  19. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

She's the 7th mystery woman. Five are listed and Lilith is revealed later, but nothing is said about that one aside where Harry can find her. I was asking in case the author revealed it somewhere outside of the story.

20. RJL333

RJL333 Third Year

The author was PeaceThroughSuperiorFirepower. The one with Harry as a knight of the cross was "Knight Harry"DLP Thread.
    Not sure what the other one was called but it was also just a one shot.