1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Hitman Absolution

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Carmine, Nov 2, 2011.

1. Fishy Justice

Fishy Justice Fourth Year

They're not hugely similar. Hitman relies more on disguises and equipment to get things done, rather than jumping around and such.

It's a different approach. Closest AC comes to it is walking around in multiplayer. But even that isn't that close.

2. The Berkeley Hunt

The Berkeley Hunt Headmaster

I'm pretty sure that the woman is Diana, 47's longtime handler and semi-friend in the Agency. Word is she'll be a fairly big role in the game.

3. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I wonder how they'll handle that then, from the way she acted I always got the impression that she had kind of a thing for 47 but I hope they don't go that way with it.

4. The Berkeley Hunt

According to the wiki they have a 'very close relationship' in Absolution, so you may be out of luck there.

5. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Sigh, well fuck that does appear to be the case then. I mean theoretically with a talented enough writer it could be pulled off but I just cannot see 47 having a relationship with any woman at all. The closest he ever comes to it is faking interest to help him kill the woman or get something he needs from the woman to kill someone else.

6. The Berkeley Hunt

I don't know how they'll do it, but I hope its in the vein of the priest character from Contracts. 47 was attached to him and when he got kidnapped 47 mounted a rescue, but did it in the best way - cold and calculating. Its also not said that they will 'get together' as such, only that they have a close relationship, which could mean anything really. And even if they did, I doubt they will go on long romantic walks etc. I think IO deserves some trust here, they've been pretty good so far.

7. Pirazy

Pirazy Groundskeeper

Square Enix, on the other hand, deserves none.

8. The Berkeley Hunt

Squeenix are just publishing this one. They also published Demon's Souls and Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

9. Lecter

Lecter Seventh Year

So 47 now has Eagle Vision. Way to be original, IO.

10. Peteks

Peteks Order Member

So, the game has been out for about a week now. Anyone else playing? I enjoyed my first playthrough immensely, and feel like I will be playing the campaign multiple times, the storyline is very enjoyable in my opinion, and after trying to sneak through everything, I think some more straightforward strategies will be enjoyable.

Just need some more players so the contracts mode gets filled more.

11. meev

meev Groundskeeper

As a game, it's pretty good. It had enjoyable gameplay, the story was alright for the most part (though the animation and voice work that delivered it were fantastic), but as a Hitman game it is definitely inferior to Blood Money.

You can't have your cake and eat it too. The decision to make the game more linear and story based lost a lot in the process. Even when it opens up after several hours of boring fairly linear areas it's still not as open or fun to play around in as BM was IMO.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
  12. Carmine

Carmine Unspeakable

Fantastic game, fantastic visuals. Just an awesome game and I didn't find it especially disappointing, and this is coming from a fan of all four previous games; however, a six year wait is bound to create some disappointment, what with the changes in what people generally want in a game and all. Can't argue with meev though, it is still inferior to BM.

As for Contracts mode, its really coming on, I've made a few myself and really enjoyed the system. It's an awesome idea and it's executed very well. Roll on DLC.

Oh, and meev? Speaking of cakes, I wonder whether you might've stumbled across this little gem in the science labs chapter.

13. Mercenary

Mercenary Snake Eater

Honestly? That actually makes it more appealing to people like me.

I mean I looked at Blood Money and even played a couple levels at a friend's house but it certainly didnt make me want to play it.