1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Official DLP Nuzlocke Run

Discussion in 'Pokémon' started by Mindless, Jul 24, 2010.

1. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

New game, new run. After beating White 2 once and then (after figuring out that my team did much better in Rotation Battles) owning the PWT to my satisfaction, it's time to do this one more time. Maybe I'll last halfway through before ragequitting this time? Standard rules, with limited No Repeats. I'm giving myself a maximum of five encounters to come across something I don't have, after that I will have to either take what I get on the fifth or move on without catching anything.

After the opening blah blah in Aspertia City (I hate stupid tutorials), I select Yokozuna the Tepig as Le Starter. A HOT TACKLE BATTLE with Rival Hugh ends with my sumo in training as winner. Get Running Shoes and a Town Map that I have literally never once used in any Pokemon game ever.

More tutorials (please die, Bianca) and up to Route 19 where I add Agrippa the Patrat, which sucks but less so than the other offering here. Still not using it, but Purrloin is so terrible. Alder ambushes me by trying to be An Hero and leaping down off a cliff, offering more advice that I don't need.

Passing through Flocessy Town. Route 20 bring Angelique the Sewaddle, which actually will be useful for the early game. Take a little time to level her up back at Route 19 after letting Yokozuna get his own experience on the resident trainers, and into the ranch.

Riolu would be wonderful here, Mareep would be cool too. But alas, it's a shitty Azurill that I name Kappa. It has Huge Power, but also an Attack lowering Nature. Whatever, I would never stoop to using a Marill regardless. Angelique handles the rival battle that I didn't even remember happened here, and both team members gain dem levels on the consortium of Youngsters and Lasses and Janitors.

Once I find the owner's Herdier and get a Frustration TM, back to Flocessy Town for more tutorials. Please die, Alder, and will me your Volcarona. I'll also accept your Accelgor.

Aspertia Gym is a joke, easily swept by Angelique the Sewaddle. More time wasted talking to Cheren than spent battling him and his minions.

Bianca makes up for annoying me with a free Return TM. Skip on ahead to Virbank City. Good piece of luck in Virbank Complex gives me Ra Kalium the Magnemite. A little leveling and I am now heading in to troll Roxie's gym.

Main Team

Yokozuna the Pignite - Level 18
    Angelique the Sewaddle - Level 16
    Ra Kalium the Magnemite - Level 16

Box

Agrippa the Patrat
    Kappa the Azurill

2. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

I asked whether I'd make it halfway? The answer is no. Aborting this one after losing my starter and my Magnemite to crithax within a span of 15 minutes while training up for Elesa. God, why oh why do I keep subjecting myself to this shit?

---------- Post automerged at 09:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 AM ----------

OK so uh, disregarding that momentary fit...continuing on. If Matt can deal with losing half a dozen, I can live with two. Quick update.

The late Ra Kalium dealt with Roxie and her gym. Poison dun work on Steel you know.

I became a movie star. Dem free Lemonades. Beat up some Team Plasma bitches, went to Castelia City and gathered stuff around town. Caught Moka the Zubat in the sewers, and then moved into Relic Passage and doused myself with Repel until a dust cloud appeared to give me Marlene the Drilbur.

The also departed Yokozuna had his last rampage in Castelia Gym, and many bugs were squished by his girth.

Skipped catching anything on Route 4 for the moment. Will be coming back for that interact Braviary on Monday. Desert Resort yielded Congo the Darumaka, who I didn't want at the time but am immensely grateful to have now. Ra Kalium the Magnemite met his demise here against a trainer's Sandile. Yes, hurr hurr 4X weakness to Ground I fucking know. I didn't think Mud Slap or Sand Tomb would be able to kill me regardless. Crithax thought otherwise. Also waiting to use my Relic Castle capture, but I did grab the Rock Tomb TM.

Into Nimbasa City and out to Route 6. Second casualty occurs here when Yokozuna gets buried by a critical Air Cutter from a trainer's Tranquill. Did catch Twilight the Trubbish in the grass. Great stroke of luck in Lostlorn Forest when I accidentally walked onto a shaking grass and found Venturina the Panpour. As though the Pokemon Gods were making a half-assed attempt to make up for the previous trolling. Not satisfied but I have no choice but to take it. Now leveling all the newcomers up, which will take a little time.

Main Team

Angelique the Leavanny - Level 28
    Moka the Golbat - Level 27
    Congo the Darumaka - Level 24
    Venturina the Panpour - Level 22

The Box

Agrippa the Patrat
    Kappa the Azurill
    Marlene the Drilbur
    Twilight the Trubbish

The Crypt

Yokozuna the Pignite
    Ra Kalium the Magnemite

---------- Post automerged at 02:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 AM ----------

Question for the forum here. What do you all think about the number of gift/interact Pokemon as pertains to Nuzlocke in B2/W2? Just off the top of my head, you can get Zorua, Skill Link Minccino, Braviary/Mandibuzz, Serene Grace Deerling, Volcarona, Crustle, Damp Jellicent, Haxorus, an Eevee and more without having to deal with the random encounter factor. So easily abusable, should it be limited?

And I really hate the automerge feature.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2012
  3. Poytin

Poytin The Arby's Hipster DLP Supporter

Those free pokemon count for the area their in so I wouldn't limit them. And Hidden Grottoes I'm going to count as the route you find them on.

4. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

Black2 wouldn't let me name my Magby Scrotum. WHAT IS THIS CENSORSHIP?

5. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Got a little cheesy in dealing with Elesa. Seeing as my two options were to spend an hour or probably much more slowly leveling my Drilbur until it evolved, or doing the same with Congo via abusing that Pokemon Breeder in Lostlorn Forest...I opted to do the latter. Took about 15 minutes to get Congo to evolve to Darmanitan, though with a fair share of closer than I needed shaves in combat due to Hustle being the shittiest Ability this side of Defeatist. Obviously Nimbasa Gym posed no challenge. Congo dropped a lava-hot monkey shit on Elesa's pretty little face.

Had another death soon after that when I did the Triple Battle against Charles. Congo whiffed with Hammer Arm against Archen, which immediately OHKO'd Angelique with Pluck. I wasn't planning to keep Leavanny on the active roster much longer anyway so I'm not TOO broken up about losing her, but I still liked the Pokemon and it would have served its last purpose against Clay. Also picked up Atropos the Solosis on Route 5 and Enchilada the Minccino inside the Hidden Grotto.

Grabbed Donald Ducklett on Charizard Bridge (give me an actual Charizard instead, faggots).

N's Zorua picked up in Driftveil City, along with Cenarius the Deerling on Route 7. That will get me through Clay in Angelique's place, so good find. Keep on going to Chargestone Cave while giving Moka (now a Crobat) some experience along the route. I'm using Zorua, but getting oneshotted by some Deerling's Jump Kick is not on the menu. Chargestone Cave gives me Megatron the Joltik. And it has Compoundeyes. Into the active roster you go, my Decepticon-inspired creature. Dat 91% accuracy Thunder. I lost half my team yesterday, and now I have a completely solid one. At least until I derp again and lose more of them.

Back to Lostlorn Forest to speed train everyone. Will be challenging Clay next.

Main Team

Congo the Darmanitan - Level 36
    Moka the Crobat - Level 32
    Zoroark - Level 32
    Megatron the Joltik - Level 32
    Cenarius the Deerling - Level 32

The Box

Agrippa the Patrat
    Kappa the Azurill
    Marlene the Drilbur
    Twilight the Trubbish
    Venturina the Panpour
    Atropos the Solosis
    Enchilada the Minccino
    Donald the Ducklett

The Crypt

Yokozuna the Pignite
    Ra Kalium the Magnemite
    Angelique the Leavanny

Last edited: Oct 26, 2012
  6. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Another day, another death. This time it was my new Deerling, which evolved into Sawsbuck during the trip through Clay's gym. Cenarius handled Krokorok and Sandslash without any trouble, but met its end against Clay's Excadrill due to a critical (of course) Rock Slide. Congo came in for the easy revenge kill, and I should have just used him to begin with. This has been the worst run I've ever had in terms of bullshit deaths, which makes me all the more determined to finish it now.

Anyway, Clay is down and I'm back down to four Pokemon. To remedy this, a quick trip into the PWT and from there to Relic Passage. More leveling on the trainers inside, and once I get to Relic Castle I catch Oaxaca the Baltoy. Not much else to update, I don't have much time to game on my work days.

Oh, and I did another set of movies. This time it was some crappy movie about a prince and some evil queen. But it had Sabrina in it, which is awesome.

Main Team

Congo the Darmanitan - Level 36
    Moka the Crobat - Level 34
    Zoroark - Level 34
    Megatron the Joltik - Level 34
    Oaxaca the Baltoy - Level 34

The Box

Agrippa the Patrat
    Kappa the Azurill
    Marlene the Drilbur
    Twilight the Trubbish
    Venturina the Panpour
    Atropos the Solosis
    Enchilada the Minccino
    Donald the Ducklett

The Crypt

Yokozuna the Pignite
    Ra Kalium the Magnemite
    Angelique the Leavanny
    Cenarius the Sawsbuck

7. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Lost my Simipour (after I evolved it and spent a good chunk of time catching it up to the rest of my team) to a BS Razor Leaf critical in Celestial Tower, too lazy to catch and train another water type. Suspending this, probably abandoning. Or continuing under the bullshit addendum of 'any death that happens due to a critical hit doesn't count' and that's retarded so why bother? Always such a pain in Gen 5 because I absolutely refuse to switch when I need to because I have the Lucky Egg on THAT Pokemon and screw getting less experience.

EDIT: Took one last shot and failed. Returned to Virbank City (one of the last places I still had a wild capture I could use), Surfed up a Frillish that I named Hilda. Lost THAT while training inside Relic Passage to a wild Boldore's Rock Slide...and I surrender. Tipping my king at this point. Four Pokemon lost to crithax is more than I can take. Just way too much bullshit this run, perhaps I'll have better luck in another later on.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2012
  8. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

So like, the funniest thing happened the other week. I picked up my save and did a remake of TIMEGATE TRAVELER at Pokestar Studios. But it turns out that THE TIME MACHINE WAS REAL~! I came out in Aspertia City again, and the time machine was broke. Having to start the journey anew, I did just that. Except now it seems that my best friend/rival is named Sasuke. ALTERNATE REALITY. Pokemon White 2: Road to Champion?

Ahem. Anyway, started out with Dr. Snakes the Snivy. I'll let Sasuke have the pig and hopefully get it killed by a faggot triathlete's Tranquill. Fucking crithax. Dr. Snakes trolls Sasuke's Tepig.

Route 19 gives Black Bart the Purrloin. It will cut many bushes and never see a single battle. Route 20 yeilds the even more useless Rapheal the Patrat. Boxed like a boss. Floccesy Ranch adds Empress the Lillipup. Normal Type EXPLOSION in this bitch. Not entirely useless, so added and trained up for the moment. Seriously, so many good options to be had in Floccesy Ranch and I always get stuck with the garbage. Is a god damned Mareep too much to ask for? The Lillipup deals with Sasuke and clears out most of the ranch.

Cheren gets punked by Dr. Snakes. A few uses of Growth allows Snivy to deal with that no problem. Lots of blah blah and I get a Return TM. My snake and hound clear the way to Virbank City, and the complex gives me Flarebrand the Growlithe. Will be awesome if I actually manage to get it to a high enough level to learn its good moves without crithax or fisherman. We shall see. Anyway, Growlithe gets Frustration TM'ed on for the moment so I have something aside from Ember to attack with.

Flarebrand (god damn does it level slowly btw...) clears out Virbank Complex of trainers and then gets to take point against Roxie. Not a difficult battle, but Roxie's Koffing takes a few rounds to get rid of. I brought plenty of Antidotes and had two Fresh Waters to keep healthy though. Whirlipede goes down in one shot to Flame Wheel.

Make some movies, get some free Lemonades, beat up Plasmafags and it's on to Castelia City. Two new additions here, but more on that in a moment. First, run around town and grab items galore. Clear out Battle Company, and pop up onto Route 4 in the desert to abuse the Pokemon Breeder to train a lagging Dr. Snakes up to speed since there is shit all for a Grass type to level against around Virbank. Snivy evolves to Servine here.

Into the sewers, ye scum.

Acquire Uncle Taco the Grimer (had a wild double battle with Sasuke that gave me a Grimer and a Rattata, I happily took my pick and the AI helped by not killing it before I could make the capture).

Repel up and run into a dust cloud inside Relic Passage or whatever that cave is called to grab Texas Pete the Drilbur. Once I'm done in the underground, back out to the desert to train Uncle Taco against the breeder. I do so love these automatic rematch battles.

Growlithe takes point in Castelia Gym, roasts many bugs. Burgh bends over and takes it in the pooper, and probably enjoys the experience. Annoying battle against Colress out on Route 4. His Magnemite has Sturdy and likes to use Thunder Wave, and Colress uses Super Potions. Annoying, but not difficult.

Oh hey guess what? It's Monday. And aside from being Sera's day off work, it's also FREE BRAVIARY DAY in the desert. Found, and Crusader the Braviary caught with one Quick Ball. Fuck yeah Adamant nature. Empress the Herdier boxed, as I now have a much better Normal wrecking ball.

Slowly proceed through the desert and resort, grabbing Needles the Sandshrew in Desert Resort (I wanted a Dwebble or a Sandile or especially a Scraggy but whatever). Cleopatra the Yamask caught inside Relic Castle. Grab Rock Tomb TM.

Do stuff around Nimbasa City. Trainers here and there. Texas Pete gets the Exp. Share throughout, because leveling Drilbur is a bitch. Long story short, Dr. Snakes and Texas Pete ground up to level 30 and everything else up to 28. Bridget the Minccino caught inside the Route 5 Hidden Grotto, along with a Solosis whose name I forget on Route 16 and Akeno the Roselia inside Lostlorn Forest. All boxed.

Texas Pete evolves to Excadrill during the run up to Elesa. The outcome from there is obvious. Texas Pete takes a big runny Texas chili shit all over the supermodel. Seasoned with authentic Texas Pete hot sauce. My body is ready. Also clown more Plasma goons.

Charles dies out in front of the bridge before he can do any damage (no oneshot Pluck this time around~). Gabrielle the Ducklett caught on the bridge. Into Driftveil City and I'm finally done with this writeup for the moment.

Team

Dr. Snakes the Servine - Level 30
    Flarebrand the Growlithe - Level 30
    Uncle Taco the Grimer - Level 30
    Texas Pete the Excadrill - Level 32
    Crusader the Braviary - Level 30
    Black Bart the Cut Slave - Level 4

Box

Raphael the Patrat
    Empress the Herdier
    Needles the Sandshrew
    Cleopatra the Yamask
    Bridget the Minccino
    ??? the Solosis
    Akeno the Roselia
    Gabrielle the Ducklett

Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  9. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Back again, yo. Time to deal with President Bus...Clay. First order of business is to head to Ye Olde Move Tutor and teach Ice Punch to Uncle Taco. Which of course means that he'll probably get killed soon and I'll have spent those Red Shards for nothing.

Crusader the Braviary, by virtue of it being his turn in the leveling carousel, wrecks Sage Rood. Pick up Zorua, but I won't be using it this time around. At least right now, that might change if I have a death.

Rather than risk the possibility of something going badly against Clay (and his Excadrill in particular), I take a few extra minutes to powergrind my own Excadrill to Level 36 and learn Earthquake.

Dr. Snakes powers through Driftveil Gym single-handedly and also takes out Clay's Krokorok and Sandslash, while Texas Pete comes in to OHKO the much more dangerous Excadrill with EQ. Snakes is at about level 35.9 after getting the phallic badge, so a quick jaunt out into the wilds to get him that last little sliver of experience to evolve to Serperior.

Quick run through Relic Passage after to grab items and catch the rest of the team up. Proof that I'm slowly learning to not be a tard, I actually did switch out Grimer when faced with a trainer's Sandslash. Already caught Pokemon for both Relic areas (Drilbur for the Passage and Yamask for the Castle) so no new additions here. I could have gone for the cheap and chosen to save my Relic Castle catch for that interact Volcarona, but I have a Fire already and am almost assured of a backup Litwick once I get to Celestial Tower.

Now watch me get an Elgyem instead and then lose my Growlithe/Arcanine to some kind of faggotry. But even if I do, Zoroark can learn Flamethrower by TM so I think I'm solid.

Use a PWT Move Tutor to replace Dr. Snakes' Mega Drain with Frenzy Plant because why not?

Anyway, Texas Pete rolls the Drftveil Cup without incident. Sasuke doesn't manage to get even a single move off. Colress manages to be slightly annoying again due to his Magneton's Sturdy and getting lucky with Supersonic, but the confusion breaks a couple turns later and it's all good from there.

Time to beat up more Plasmafags, ho hum. Right now I'm really wishing Grimer evolved earlier because it's a serious weak link now. So is Growlithe, but I still need to learn Crunch and Outrage before succumbing to the temptation to use that Fire Stone.

That little episode is over. Grab Bambi the Deerling from that Weather Institute type place. Also have a laugh while fighting a trainer's Castform with my Growlithe. Don't use Rain Dance and turn it into something that would force a switch, you dumb fucking bitch. Set up Hail and make yourself weak to Fire instead! Lolk.

Surf HM get. First a quick run into Chargestone Cave for another capture chance. Colonel the Klink acquired rather than the Joltik I was hoping for. But even if I'd gotten that it prolly would have come with shitty Unnerve rather than BAMF Compoundeyes.

Now Fly back to Driftveil, pull Gabrielle the Ducklett out of the box and teach it Surf. Backtracking for some items, Energy Ball TM in particular. That replaces Snakes' Leaf Blade due to it having a +SAtk -Atk Nature. And done. For now.

Team

Dr. Snakes the Serperior - Level 36
    Flarebrand the Growlithe - Level 33
    Uncle Taco the Grimer - Level 34
    Texas Pete the Excadrill - Level 36
    Crusader the Braviary - Level 34
    Gabrielle the Surf Whore - Level 19

Box

Raphael the Patrat
    Empress the Herdier
    Needles the Sandshrew
    Cleopatra the Yamask
    Bridget the Minccino
    Echidna the Solosis
    Akeno the Roselia
    Black Bart the Purrloin
    N's Zorua
    Bambi the Deerling
    Colonel the Klink

10. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Alright I am gonna start a new Nuclocke soon LT2000 post are good motivation

11. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

My amazing luck finally ran out, but more on that in a bit.

First, into Mistralton Cave to get the Rock Slide TM among other goodies. Also catch Mt. Vernon the Boldore, autoboxed. Get said TM and teach it to a couple members of the team because Rock Slide is awesome.

Through Chargestone Cave, more leveling on crappy trainers. Already caught the shitty Klink while running around earlier so no wild catch here. Get Lord Zedd the Zangoose on whatever that route is between Mistralton City and Twist Mountain, and then the prized Lucky Egg along with Diablos the Litwick inside Celestial Tower.

Now back out, and a Fly to Nimbasa City to do my daily grind against baseball tards and tennis bitches. Caught a lucky break here, as I had no idea that Gurdurr had access to Rock Slide while leveling my Growlithe against one of the baseball players. It whiffed, allowing me to survive and take it down with Flamethrower.

Continue leveling along the route leading back to Celestial Tower and in the place itself. Uncle Taco FINALLY evolves to Muk during this little leg. About damned time.

Several Pokemon split duty through Mistralton Gym, though Texas Pete does the bulk of the work on Skyla herself in taking out both Swoobat and Swanna with Rock Slide. Flarebrand the Growlithe subs in to roast Skarmory.

Hop on a plane to Lentimas Town, and go to use the Move Tutor to finally get my Serperior something other than a Grass move for offense. This run has reminded me why I am generally loath to use Grass types. No moveset variety whatsoever. Anyway, I don't have nearly enough Blue Shards to buy Dragon Pulse like I want so it's back to Driftveil City, where I stock up on Max Repels and head down into Relic Passage via the PWT.

Farming shards seems to be going ridiculously easily as I find five Blue Shards in rapid succession. But I need six, and that is when the game decides to be a troll and doggedly refuses to come off that last one. It takes me twice as long as getting the previous FIVE to come up with one more Blue Shard, but patience wins the day and I teach Dragon Pulse to Dr. Snakes. I'M A DRAGON NOW!

And now...disaster. First, catch Antlion the Trapinch outside Lentimas Town and Molly the Raticate inside that haunted mansion. But crithax finally catches up to me inside, as a trainer's Sigilyph oneshots Growlithe from almost full HP with a crit Psybeam. Fuckin' rage. ONE MORE LEVEL was all I god damned needed to learn Outrage and evolve to Arcanine, after which I doubt I ever could have gotten that thing killed barring a severe mental lapse. I raised that mediocre Growlithe from Level 13 to Level 42, and lost it so close to the end of that whole crappy experience. GAWD.

Anyway, Flarebrand gets to become an Arcanine in her last moments as I use the Fire Stone on her dying body.

So, crithax returns and it's December and I'm in a fucking haunted house. It must be the Ghost of Christmas Past. Bah humbug, and I pull my Litwick out of the box and rename it to X-Mas Past. Ho ho ho, misery for everyone because I'm pissed now. With the help of the Lucky Egg it takes about 45 minutes to grind Litwick up to Lampent, and then immediate use of my Dusk Stone to evolve him to Chandelure.

Now running through Reversal Mountain, praying that my bit of bad luck doesn't snowball into an avalanche of it. Too far along in the game for that now.

Team

Dr. Snakes the Serperior - Level 42
    Uncle Taco the Muk - Level 42
    Texas Pete the Excadrill - Level 42
    Crusader the Braviary - Level 42
    X-Mas Past the Chandelure - Level 42
    Gabrielle the Surf Whore - Level 19

Box

Raphael the Patrat
    Empress the Herdier
    Needles the Sandshrew
    Cleopatra the Yamask
    Bridget the Minccino
    Echidna the Solosis
    Akeno the Roselia
    Black Bart the Purrloin
    N's Zorua
    Bambi the Deerling
    Colonel the Klink
    Lord Zedd the Zangoose
    Antlion the Trapinch
    Molly the Raticate

Graveyard

Flarebrand the Arcanine - Crithax Victim A

Last edited: Dec 6, 2012
  12. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Haven't played much, but I'll update what I have done these last several days.

Didn't catch anything inside Reversal Mountain. Nothing I wanted and I can grab Heatran later if desired (I'll be grabbing Legendaries regardless, but the 'extra' ones will be placed in their own special box and never used).

Anyway, caught Viole the Staryu inside a whirlpool spot in Undella Town. I don't have a Water or a Psychic, so it's a natural sixth and the Surf Slave gets dumped for a proper beast, Immediate Water Stone to Starmie and a little TM and Move Tutor work to make it helluva strong.

Quick drop into Route 14 or whatever it is south of Undella, grab Preetha the Golduck (Absol would have been lovely, but no matter) and battle some trainers.

Catch nothing in Undella Bay. Thought there was supposed to be an interact Jellicent here, but I didn't see it. I'll try again another time if I care (I won't). More trainers.

Route 13, more trainers and Linguini the Tangela added. Boxed, not even good enough to be my backup Grass (I would use Roserade if I had something happen to Dr. Snakes). Also caught Cobalion, which goes to its special no-use exhibit box.

Lacunosa Town, story blah blah and Plasma blah blah. Double battle with Sasuke against Sage Zinzolin and a grunt. Rival's Emboar takes all the hits and my Excadrill brings all the rape.

Route...something gives me something else. Fuck if I can even be bothered to remember, it was days ago. I'm sure it was suitably useless though.

Village Bridge, trainers and no catch. Going to come back later and fish me up a Carvanha because Sharpedo is fucking boss.

Route 11, Shitbug the Karrablast added. I'm pretty sure there are a myriad things better to get here than fucking Karrablast. But this place does have a rematch Pokemon Breeder for leveling. Abusing that for a moment and into Opelucid.

Before rolling Old Man Drayden, stopover on Route 9 where my own attempt at being clever almost fucks me. That double battle against the two thugs with the Krookodile and the Drapion. I decided to troll by using Braviary against the Krookodile's Intimidate to get a net +1 attack to to Contrary.

Only problem is that the damn gator knows Foul Play, and used it and almost killed Crusader due to his heightened attack stat. But it doesn't kill and I still win.

Also catch Ironmaiden the Pawniard on the route.

Opelucid Gym provides no challenge, aside from one annoying bitch who liked to use Swagger and Protect. Uncle Taco puts a beating on Drayden, first using Acid Armor to troll Druggidon or however the fuck that's spelled. A couple Ice Punches end that dragon. Of course, Flygon uses Earth Power which ignores my defense boosts, but Muk has a high SDef score and tanks it, and then OHKO with a quadruple damage Ice Punch.

Haxorus...lol. Ice Punch takes him down pretty far, but Sitrus Berry brings the dragon back above half health. Dragon Tail brings out Chandelure. Haxorus uses Assurance, which does about exactly half damage (a little over OF COURSE) but gets a burn for his trouble due to Flame Body. Shadow Ball reduces its health to a sliver and the burn damage completes the kill. LOL, fuck you old man trollolololol.

Now beat up Plasmafags again. BTW I totally DID NOT reset on the spot when that Shadow Triad mook's Absol managed to survive Viole's Signal Beam. I mean, I wouldn't be scared of being killed by Night Slash or anything. See no evil, acknowledge no evil. ???. Profit. I really just ought to assume that Starmie is dead due to that exchange but I dun wanna. And that's all for now.

Team

Dr. Snakes the Serperior - Level 50
    Uncle Taco the Muk - Level 50
    Texas Pete the Excadrill - Level 50
    Crusader the Braviary - Level 48
    X-Mas Past the Chandelure - Level 50
    Viole the Starmie - Level 48

Box

Raphael the Patrat
    Empress the Herdier
    Needles the Sandshrew
    Cleopatra the Yamask
    Bridget the Minccino
    Echidna the Solosis
    Akeno the Roselia
    Black Bart the Purrloin
    N's Zorua
    Bambi the Deerling
    Colonel the Klink
    Lord Zedd the Zangoose
    Antlion the Trapinch
    Molly the Raticate
    Gabrielle the Ducklett
    Preetha the Golduck
    Linguini the Tangela
    Shitbug the Karrablast
    Ironmaiden the Pawniard

Graveyard

13. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

I thought the jellicent interact was black2 only?

14. Poytin

Poytin The Arby's Hipster DLP Supporter

The hidden ability on Jellicent is trash to begin with. I mean... It just stops enemies from self-destructing. Which wouldn't hit it anyway because it's Ghost type.

15. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Yeah, I know. It was more about just having one ready for use if needed without having to do the work of evolving through Frillish. And it is available in both games, just I thought it appeared on Friday instead of Thursday in White 2.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2012
  16. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Alright I started my Nuzlocke on Black 2, chose LT2000 the Snivy as my starter, wish me luck. Btw I trashed my rival Yucky pretty easily, his creepy furry/poke fetish made me rush out of town in a hurry D8

17. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Right, into Humilau after my last bit. No trouble with the gym or its leader, aside from Marlon's Jellicent doing what Jellicent does and taking a little time to get rid of. Never in any danger of having anything killed by it though, just a slow grind for Serperior to kill it due to Recover and Marlon's potions.

Head into Route 22 after getting the badge, battle even more trainers and catch Beggar Su the Meinfoo. Now, lacking a proper Fighting pokemon (my Braviary has Superpower, but that's all I have for that type) I decide to send Uncle Taco into retirement and use Meinshao.

...For about five minutes, as Beggar Su gets his head whacked off by a wild Golduck's Aqua Tail in short order. Oh well. Uncle Taco back into the team. Annoying, but not a big deal really.

So, after heading back and grabbing Terrakion for the Legends box and getting the Colress Machine, down Route 21 towards Seaside Cave. Catch Myrtle the Frillish on the ocean route and use the Colress Machine to wake up and catch Krabs Jr. the Crustle inside.

Nothing to say about the Plasma Frigate, clowning mooks and another double battle with rival against Sage Zinzolin and Plasma Mook.

And now the fun part.

Back through Route 22 and into Giant Chasm. Repel through the cave, saving my battle here for Kyurem much later on. Though really I think the cavern and outdoor areas of Giant Chasm ought to count separately considering they are indeed different areas.

Get Ice Beam TM, immediately taught to Starmie.

So much blah blah. Plasmafags beaten, Zinzolin trolled again, and it's time for Colress.

Texas Pete the Excadrill gets to drop another chili shit, but honestly this battle is a little annoying due to Colress having two Pokemon (Magneton and Magnezone) with Sturdy plus an Air Balloon on his Klinklang. So I do have to absorb some hits while taking Colress down, but he does die without loss on my part.

The Shadow Triad is much less bothersome. Get better things than Pawniards, you shitty disgraces to ninjas everywhere.

And then Ghetsis, after N shows up and fails like N does.

Start with Crusader the Braviary against Cofagrigus. Shadow Claw takes it down to about 1/3 HP, also invokes Mummy. Whatever. Toxic on Crusader, healed with an Antidote on the next turn and I take a Psychic that does pretty negligible damage. Second Shadow Claw finishes off Cofagrigus on route three.

Eelektross out next, send out Uncle Taco to wall and slow kill it. Which is essentially what happens. Use Acid Armor to reduce the damage from Acrobatics, and mostly just slowly whittle it down while absorbing Thunderbolts and healing (both HP and status) where needed. Should have brought some Full Restores to kill both birds at once, but I forgot you could buy them at regular Pokemon Centers. Ghetsis also manages to pop off a Full Restore of his own here, but I eventually waste the bastard with Gunk Shot.

Seismitoad out, oneshotted by Dr, Snakes' Giga Drain.

Drapion next, Texas Pete wastes it out of the gate with Earthquake.

Toxicroak dies in one hit to Viole's Psychic, but does manage to do some damage first with Sucker Punch.

Hydreigon is Ghetsis' last, but thanks to having a terrible moveset (I guess the developers saved the good stuff for Iris), the dragon does down with two X-Scissors from Excadrill. And that's that.

Pick up Psyshock TM on the way out, and into Route 23. Afrosina the Bouffalant caught there and I'm now heading into the home stretch of the game.

Team

Dr. Snakes the Serperior - Level 56
    Uncle Taco the Muk - Level 56
    Texas Pete the Excadrill - Level 58
    Crusader the Braviary - Level 58
    X-Mas Past the Chandelure - Level 56
    Viole the Starmie - Level 56

Box

Raphael the Patrat
    Empress the Herdier
    Needles the Sandshrew
    Cleopatra the Yamask
    Bridget the Minccino
    Echidna the Solosis
    Akeno the Roselia
    Black Bart the Purrloin
    N's Zorua
    Bambi the Deerling
    Colonel the Klink
    Lord Zedd the Zangoose
    Antlion the Trapinch
    Molly the Raticate
    Gabrielle the Ducklett
    Preetha the Golduck
    Linguini the Tangela
    Shitbug the Karrablast
    Ironmaiden the Pawniard
    Myrtle the Frillish
    Krabs Jr. the Crustle
    Afrosina the Bouffalant

Graveyard

Beggar Su the Meinfoo - Golduck'd

---------- Post automerged 12-12-2012 at 08:25 AM ---------- Previous post was 12-11-2012 at 09:10 PM ----------

Not going to detail the run through Victory Road, other than to say that nothing eventful happened. I was extra careful about switching at any kind of threat, not willing to be derailed by a death this close to the finish line.

In to battle the Elite Four.

Pokemon and movesets are...

Dr. Snakes (Serperior - Level 62): Dragon Pulse/Light Screen/Giga Drain/Leaf Storm
    Uncle Taco (Muk - Level 60): Gunk Shot/Ice Punch/Strength/Acid Armor
    Texas Pete (Excadrill - Level 60): Earthquake/Rock Slide/Swords Dance/X-Scissor
    Crusader (Braviary - Level 60): Fly/Return/Shadow Claw/Superpower
    X-Mas Past (Chandelure - Level 60): Flamethrower/Shadow Ball/Psychic/Energy Ball
    Viole (Starmie - Level 60): Surf/Psychic/Ice Beam/Thunderbolt

So...FIGHT.

Versus Shauntal

Crusader leads on Cofagrigus, same tactics as against Ghetsis' lead. A pair of Shadow Claws end it, with a minimal damage Psychic taken is a counter in between.

Braviary stays out against Drifblim and gets an immediate kill with Shadow Claw. Aftermath reduces its HP to about half. Two more OHKO's follow as Viole destroys Chandelure with Surf and Dr. Snakes annihilates Golurk with Leaf Storm to end Shauntal.

Versus Grimsley

Interview with Count Fagula. Crusader takes lead again, against Liepard. Fake out flinches, should have used an X Defend here but didn't think to. Oh well. Night Slash reduces Braviary's HP further, and Return takes down Liepard.

Scrafty out next. Crusader remains out and uses Fly, dodging a Rock Tomb from the slower Scrafty. Comes down next turn and ends the thug lizard or whatever Scrafty is supposed to be in one hit.

Krookodile follows. Braviary still out. Intimidate lowers Crusader's attack but activates Defiant, resulting in a net +1. Nice going, retard. Crunch (and I didn't think a lower level Krookodile would be able to outspeed my Braviary) reduces Crusader's HP almost to the red, but an attack boosted Return is enough to end the gator.

Bisharp is all that remains, and it goes down instantly to a 4X Super Effective Superpower.

Versus Caitlin

Texas Pete takes point against Caitlin's Musharna. Swords Dance to start, countered by Yawn. Since I'm going to be asleep after this turn and Musharna has nothing that can threaten Excadrill, set up another Swords Dance, at which point Musharna (for some reason) uses Yawn again to no purpose. Excadrill falls asleep, woken up by a Full Heal which negates Musharna's attempted Dream Eater. X-Scissor powered up by two Swords Dances does enough damage to kill three Musharnas and perhaps then some.

Rest of the battle is a clean sweep. X-Scissor OHKO's Reuniclus and Gothitelle, Rock Slide takes out Sigilyph. Ho hum. Go back to sleep before I do from how boring that fight was, dumb bitch.

Versus Marshal

Viole takes the lead against Throh. Critical Psychic makes this part easier than it should be.

Meinshao comes out and gets the same treatment, no critical needed.

Conkeldurr out. Psychic reduces it to critical HP, Sitrus Berry activates. Dumbass AI uses Bulk Up to no point, Psychic offs Conkeldurr next turn. Stone Edge or Retailiate could have killed Viole. Getting very lucky in this fight, Marshal can be a raging bitch when it goes the opposite.

Sawk is last. Dr. Snakes subs in for this. Giga Drain first to do some damage (Sawk has Sturdy so no OHKO is possible). Sawk uses Payback, but Serperior's defenses are solid and it barely leaves a scratch. Leaf Storm finishes the Elite Four.

Versus Iris

This one was a proper team battle.

Crusader out first against Hydreigon. Was expecting to eat a Charge Beam here, but Iris instead uses Dragon Pulse for I think like 70-80 damage. Superpower, boosted by a Fighting Gem, OHKO's Hydreigon.

Lapras is next out. Dr. Snakes switches in and slaughters it with Leaf Storm.

Druddigon is third. Uncle Taco gets his first action of the league run and comes out to wall it. Acid Armor first to reduce damage from Sheer Force Druddigon. Flamethrower doesn't inflict much damage. Ice Punch, Rock Slide counter. Second Ice Punch takes Druddigon down a bit quicker than I was expecting.

Haxorus fourth. Crusader back out to deal with it (would have preferred to use a fresh Excadrill but this bitch has Earthquake). Haxorus Dragon Dances and gets nailed with Return. Dual Chop whiffs, sparing me from having a dead Pokemon. I was mostly expecting to have to use Crusader as a sacrifice here. Honestly, now that I'm writing it, this probably saved my ass completely. Iris's Haxorus can hit all five of my other Pokemon for Super Effective damage (Serperior and Starmie with X-Scissor, and Excadrill, Chandelure and Muk are all vulnerable to Earthquake), and would outspeed them all and hit like a freight train due to that Dragon Dance. MAYBE Serperior could have tanked an X-Scissor and gotten the revenge kill with Dragon Pulse but I'm not certain. And maybe Starmie could still outrun it and down it with Ice Beam, but not certain about that either. Anyway, the miss saves that from being an issue and Haxorus goes down to a second Return.

Aggron and Archeops both fall to Viole's Surf before making a move, and that's ballgame.

New hero. Run over, maybe another Heart Gold run next when I feel like it. Or I take another shot at Platinum.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2012
  18. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Smacked Yucky at the Poke farm, and caught Syed the Psyduck while I was there. Decent run so far as I caught Poytin the pidove on the way as well, although I am disappointed it didn't have super luck. Going to go beat up Cheren after I level up Syed a bit.

Team
    LT2000 the Snivy
    Poytin the Pidove
    Syed the Psyduck

19. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

You seriously should have picked Tepig if you wanted to name your starter after me >_>

20. blab

blab Second Year

So, after some time I had an itch to play Pokemon again, and decided to do a Nuzlocke run. Because I wanted a true challenge I used the "Blaze Black 2" patch and hardcore difficulty....
    yeah, I failed twice rather early in the game and quite spectacularly. I decided to have unlimited pokecenter visits to make the challenge less freakishly hard. All in all the patch is actually quite fun and balanced to play. Just finished the 8th gym. So here is the log:

So, I picked my starter, Tepig, because fire starter rule. I named my Tepig "Tepig" just for because.

Route 19: Lufthansa, the Pidgey, joins the team.
    Route 20: Tool, the Lotad joins the team, very next Pokemon is a Bagon though...dammit.
    Ranch: Survived the Rival fight unharmed, and picked up a Mareep. Named it Fluffy, cause I'm not good with names. Did some leveling, then back to the first gym.

Gym 1: Roxanne, the Hoenn gym leader, that chills in this city, brutally killed TOOL, bye bye stupid Lotad.
    Cheren didn't prove to be quite that much of a challenge up until Munchlax. That beast is a tank. Tepig barely managed to beat it, though.

Team:
    Lufthansa, the Pidgey
    Tepig, the Pignite
    Fluffy, the Mareep

unmourned:
    TOOL, the Lotad

Virbank Complex, OUtside: Pickitup, the Zigzagoon is allowed to join the team. Not good, hoped for a Electrike, oh well, on the upside I managed to evolve Fluffy and Lufthansa, Pickitup died a tragic death against the Hoenn fighting gym leader, that hangs around in this city.
    Inside the Complex I catch a Koffing, which promptly dies...don't ask.

Gym 2: ugh, poison. Let's see what Roxie has got.
    Tepig manged to crit Trubbish
    Fluffy than shocks her Golbat out of the sky.
    Tepig then kill Koffing and Seviper
    Lufthansa kills Croagunk,
    Fluffy takes A Rollout for the team (sob) from Whirlipede though, manages to weaken it though, so that Lufthanse can land the finishing blow.

Team:
    Lufthansa, the Pidgeotto
    Tepig, the Pignite

mourned:
    Fluffy, the Flaaffy

unmourned:
    Zigzagoon, Lotad, Koffing

blahblah, weird movie stuff, with a fire pokemon and a bird the bug gym should be no problem.

In Castelia City hangs out the Hoenn electric gym leader, I avoid him for now, might use him as a test run before gym 4 though.

Sewers: My partner manages to kill the Zubat I wanted to catch. Later I manage to catch a SHINY though. Just a Koffing, but hey. still goes in the box.

Castelia City: And I finally score!!! An Eevee. I decide to name it IceSpeed because I will evolve it with a Frozen Ore from this patch.

Gym 3: A bug gym..., against a fire and air moves, SHOULD have been no problem, still Burgh sends Lufthansa to the Graveyard. His team is beastly.
    Oh, well, still, Tepig evolves.

Team:
    Tepig, the Emboar
    IceSpeed, the soon-to-be-Glaceon

mourned:
    Lufthansa, the Pidgeotto
    Fluffy, the Flaaffy

unmourned:
    Lotad, Zigzagoon, Koffing

That steel Pokemon scientist is no problem with Emboar.

I need more Pokemon.
    Relic Passage: Gets me a Onix, nice! Name: Oxinmoron
    Route 4: Sandile Name: Oha!
    Desert Resort: Caught a Sigilyph. It died quicky from a crit dark attack that I didn't expect.
    Relic Castle: Golett!!! A nice Ground type. Electro gym is next.

I get the Frozen Ore in Nimbasa City and evolve Eevee. Oh man, Glaceon is a beast! After I thaught it Frost breath it owned everything. Decided to pay attention to EV points to make it even more beastly.

Gym 4:

I thought with Onix and Golett I would have an easy time against electro-attacks. The thing was, Elesa attacked with Acrobatics, Hydropump, Ice Fang, Focus Blast, Giga Drain and Overheat...Golett didn't make it against Galvantula. Oha! bit the dust, too. Onix survived, though and I beat Elesa. (and she didn't use Volt Switch much).

Team:
    Tepig, the Emboar
    IceSpeed, the Glaceon
    Oxinmoron, the Onix

Dead: Too many

Route 5: Gets me a Gothita, named it Maeve, should be useful.
    Route 16: A Lickilicky....WTF is that thing? Name : WTF
    Lostlorn Forest: Failed to catch a Exeggcute, would have been useful.
    Bridge: caught Swablu. Nice, should do as a Dragon-Type for now, leveled and evolved it without any accident. Maeve became a Gothitelle, too, for that matter.

Gym 5:
    Glaceon solo'd this Gym. Only Excadrill was a challenge because of speed.

Team:
    Tepig, the Emboar
    IceSpeed, the Glaceon
    Maeve, the Gothitella
    WTF, the Lickilicky
    Altaria, the Altaria

Dead: Lotad, Zigzagoon, Koffing, Pidgeotto, Flaaffy, Sigilyph, Krokorok, Golett

Did a few tournaments, then made my way to the next gym.

Route 6: Caught an Audino, will make an alright meatshield for now. Named it Meatshield.
    Chargestone Cave: Voltorb did not want to get caught for some reason. It left quite a mess when it exploded.
    Route 7 disappoints me with a Watchog. Didn't catch it, because if I have to use that, then I have lost anyway.
    Celestial Tower gives me a Litwick, which replaces Audino in my Team. Litwick gets caught by this annoying dark attack...you know...when you trade Pokemon...back to Audino.

Gym 6:
    Emboar with strength (a rock move in this patch) and Glaceon should have everything under control, but because of hitchance-problems my Meatshield has to die..and somehow I loose my starter-pokemon against Skyla. Still have no idea how I could let that happen.

Team:
    IceSpeed, the Glaceon
    Maeve, the Gothitelle
    Oxinmoron, the Onix
    WTF, the Lickilicky

Dead: Lotad, Zigzagoon, Koffing, Pidgeotto, Flaaffy, Sigilyph, Krokorok, Golett, Audino, Emboar

Taking the plane gets me to the Reversal Mountain.
    It lets me add a skarmony, too, from the Route in front of the Cave.
    I name it: Aluminum.
    Bianca makes the choice between Wooper and Quagsire inside the mountain for me, I have to catch Wooper. I will get me a better water Pokemon most definitely so Wooper doesn't get named.
    The strange house nets me FNORD, the Hypno, btw.
    I notice that I can level up Onix to Steelix with the Metal Coat I picked up somewhere, too, so the team has suddenly two Steel-types

In Undella Town the Rival challenges me to a friendly duel, only the duel isn't so friendly because his starter kills FNORD, I kill all his Pokemon in revenge (actually, now that I think about it, it was the other way around).
    I move to the north and go fish. I name my new Staryu Patrick and Patrick gets the 6th spot on my team.

Route 12 gets me a Combee which gets the spot next to Wooper in the box. Village bridge gets me the equally useful zangoose. I hope for better luck in route 11 but get a karrablast...whatever.

Route 9: Houndoom. A dark type should be very useful for the league, so: Oh yeah! I name it Mouse, because I am so original.

Gym 7:
    Did I mention that Glaceon rocks? I leveled Glaceon since Gym 6 and it sweeped the Gym without getting attacked once. Yeah...
    The stupid Plasma goons somehow manage to kill my Steelix. critical fire attack. and I just got the Lickilicky out of my team...

Team:
    Icespeed, the Glaceon
    Maeve, the Gothitelle
    WTF, the Lickilicky
    Patrick, the Starmie
    Aluminum, the Skarmony
    Mouse, the Houndoom

Box: Wooper, Combee, Karrablast

Seaside Cave nets me a Woobat, because I didn't have enough uselessness in my box yet. I cought a second Woobat right after , because I got distracted, though. In Humilau Area I get a Luvdisc which I name Herpes and which gets the 6th spot in my...box. Seriously, so many useless pokemon so late in the game.

Gym 8:
    This is going to be hard, since I have no type-advantage at all.

Marions Poitoed goes down to Maeve, almost takes her with it, though.
    Aluminum beats Carracosta, because it's Earthquake is no good. It also beats Ludicolo later, because it can fly.
    His Starmie almost beats mine with Thunder, but mine survives and Lickilicky beats Starmie.
    Icespeed manages to beat his beastly Kingdra simply because it is even beastlier and no amount of Outrage can beat it.
    Jellicent is laughably weak in comparison to Kingdra and goes down to my Gothitelle.

That's it for now...