1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Secret World

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Tehan, Sep 10, 2012.

1. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

2. Mishie

Mishie Fat Dog

I'm also in Illuminati, I tried to make a Templar character but their intro was just so boring, and sure NY is a shithole, but I only ever go there to buy the speed upgrades or for when I have a quest that forces me there. If anything, it's a good thing because when I do go there, since everybody is at London, there's far less lag for me. And Midknight, trust me when I say it's worth the $30, although I'm not sure if you get Issue #5 free now though.

3. Tehan

Tehan Avatar of Khorne DLP Supporter

AFAIK you don't, it stopped coming with the game as of the 1st.

Everyone post your mains, it'd be great if we could get a DLP Cabal running, or even just run dungeons with DLPers. My main is Koliada (Daemon server, not that it matters).

4. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'd be all for it. Though like I said, not far in, inexperienced with MMOs, probably suck anyway, etc.

Aviary, Cerberus server.

5. Tehan

Polaris is doable with a crew with QL3 greens and mediocre skillsets, so I can probably carry a few folks through until they pick up the ropes with my QL10s.

6. Evan Tide

Evan Tide Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Prometheius

Illuminati

Cerberus

Going Blades/ARifle right now for solo tank and spank capabilities.

7. Mishie

Mishie Fat Dog

Mishie123 on Daemon, and just so you know Evan, I've also gone Blade/AR and from what I've seen it's pretty good at dealing aoe damage whilst giving a fair bit of sustainn, making it great for Kingsmouth and Savage Coast, where you''ll regularly fight 3+ enemies at once.

8. Evan Tide

I've been duoing with randoms and been regularly holding aggro on 4+ orange mobs NP with my current build. It's hilarious.

Also, Secret World's guild system apparently is run like guild wars. People can cross-server into guilds and join together for quests and instances. However, people can only be in one cabal at a time.

Someone set up a DLP Cabal already.

9. Tehan

I've created the Slightly Grey Lords, I'll throw you all invites when I see you in-game.

10. Tasoli

Tasoli Minister of Magic

Question I have only Visa Electron as debit card and I heard it causes problems in payment.

True or false? I will look for prepaid cards in the local shops either way but if I can't find it I might not buy the game. Also extra content won't lock us out if we don't buy it right?

11. Legacy

Legacy Death Eater DLP Supporter

No clue about Electron but I know that the only content locked from you if you dont get the DLC is the stuff specifically in the updates. So far it has been new weapons, skills, and upper tier dungeons/raids.

12. Evan Tide

Where the heck is everyone? I spent pretty much all day online and all I saw was Tehan making the Cabal the entire day.

13. Red Aviary

High Score:
    I may have done something really stupid and deleted my character. :rolleyes:

I'm currently in the subway tutorial thing as I type this in his, well, second incarnation. He's got the same name and everything. Honestly I didn't lose much anyway. I looked up the amount of missions in Kingsmouth and such and I wasn't even halfway through it, and I didn't progress the story at all past entering the town. I'll be back where I was soon enough. Still, kind a dumb decision. At least the DLC gear I had wasn't one-time only.

14. Mishie

Mishie Fat Dog

I was playing CK2.

I regret nothing.

Also, I'm planning on spending the next few days grinding mayans so I can get enough Mayan K'ins to get all of the Mayan items, only 200 or so to go :D. Speaking of which, anybody interested on doing some of the dungeon/harbringers? Since I still need to do that ;-;

Last edited: Jan 3, 2013
  15. Tehan

I've spent an agonizing amount of time grinding Mayans and only have 30 or so K'ins to show for it. Still, buying QL10s for the K'ins would be a nice boost for you newbies, and the first few Mayan spawns are fairly possible to take down at low levels.

If you don't mind skirting the edge of possibly glitch-abusing, the anti-undead wards at the Morninglight camp in Kingsmouth and at Innsmouth Academy in the Blue Mountains kill Mayans dead.

And yeah... deleting characters is largely pointless unless you want to change faction or name. You can change hair in the hairdresser in London, face in the plastic surgeon in New York, and if you want to change weapons it's better to repeat a few early quests and buy into the new weapons on the same character instead of restarting. You can use passive skills from weapons you aren't using - I'm using Improved Bursts from AR on my current Fist/Chaos deck, which I bought back when I was toying with Ele/AR - so it can pay off down the road to be a dilettante and change your weaponset.

I'm up for running dungeons, but not too sure about harbingers - they seem pretty endgame-y to me.

16. Red Aviary

High Score:
    Well after some dedicated playing over the last day or so, I'm further than I was before. I'm at 38 out of ~60 missions, I think, for Kingsmouth Town. Overall not much lost but time.

The Illuminati character I've made for the DLP cabal is RedAviary (no space), on the same server.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2013
  17. Tehan

Unfortunately it seems that Cabals are limited to a faction, so it looks like the Slightly Grey Lords are Illuminati-only. If anyone wants to make a new character to get in, I'll be happy to help them catch back up - we'll do Transylvania, stomp some werewolves, it'll be good times.

Ciao-ciao.

18. Evan Tide

Aviary, something's wrong with your name cause Mishie and I can't find it at all.

19. Red Aviary

High Score:
    Sorry, I accidentally misspelled it. Should work now.

20. Mercenary

Mercenary Snake Eater

had to spend some of that pax romana. Got some better weapons off the marketplace. Shoudl help me a lot in the Savage coast. That QL3 Shotgun and QL1 Assault rifle just wasnt cutting it anymore. XD