1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Elder Scrolls V

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Seratin, Nov 24, 2010.

1. NTD

NTD High Inquisitor

I had already gotten 2 black books as well as the earth wind and water stones but the hi res texture pack update screwed with one or more of my mods so I uninstalled/reinstalled skyrim and am going to play vanilla for now. I might have to start over if my saves are screwed up.

2. Lutris

Lutris Jarl Dovahkiin DLP Supporter

Went exploring for a bit. Just wound up at Miraak's temple, so I guess it's time to do the main quest.

EDIT: Oh, I almost forgot. My current Dragonborn is already loyal to Hermaeus Mora, so we'll see how that goes.

EDIT: Aaaaand I'm at the Skaal village.

---------- Post automerged at 02:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 PM ----------

I'm in a Riekling encampment. In a cave. There's a hut, with a huge fucking pile of books. Turns out, it's about twenty copies of assorted volumes of The Lusty Argonian Maid. I need mouthwash.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2013
  3. tad2103

tad2103 First Year

The dialogue is slightly different; Your lord and master will recognize you. There are numerous changes based on what you accomplished in Skyrim before starting various quests in the DLC. Things like group affiliation, certain afflictions, etc. provide interesting changes in dialogue and opportunities for some decent loot.

4. Lord Raine

Lord Raine Disappeared DLP Supporter

I'm going to issue all of you a challenge, partly because it's fun, and partly because I know that, once you learn of this, you won't be able to 'not' do this.

Skaal armor, the stuff that the Skaal wear, cannot be bought or crafted. There are only two ways to get it. The first is the obvious way. Theft or murder. All living Skaal have the full set on them, and you can get it off of them that way.

But there's another way. Remember how you got Daedric in Morrowind? There was exactly one piece of each part of the armor knocking loose in the game (assuming you had Tribunal installed), and it was up to you to collect them all.

Guess what there's exactly one of knocking loose on the island?

A set of Skaal armor. There is exactly, exactly one full set of it that can be found loose. A piece here, a part there. That sort of thing.

So. Can you find it all?

Not just any pile of copies. A pile of copies that were all collected by a single Riekling.

There's a bucket and a bunch of loose paper in his hut too, in case you didn't notice. Wonder what that was for~

5. NTD

NTD High Inquisitor

OK. Remade my old character and started out on Dragonborn again. It doesn't really feel the same without having all those quests under my belt but oh well.

Made it to Raven Rock and stopped streaming right before doing the mine quest again.

Speaking of, pretty annoying that twitch only lets beginning broadcasters stream at 360p.

6. Darth Disaster

Darth Disaster The Waking Sith ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:

So use Own3d.tv or Justin.tv

7. Lutris

Killed Miraak. Time to explore.

Muah. Hah. Hah.

8. Lord Raine

Watch out for spiders.

9. NTD

NTD High Inquisitor

Justin, while a separate site now isn't for games and as for Own3d...

[IMGUR]MsMpWeg[/IMGUR]

10. Lutris

Been there. Done that.

It's time to hunt me some werebears. Oo-rah.

EDIT:

MORAG TONG.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
  11. Lord Raine

How do I know you aren't one of them?

Go to the Snowclad Ruins, northwest of the Temple of Miirak.

NINJAS
    ALMSEVI
    Their armor made me sad. It's just reskinned Chitin, and not the steampunk ninja stuff that it used to be. It's also lacking the awesome enchantments.

12. Lutris

I have spiders and I'm not afraid to throw them.

Honestly? My Sneak skill was so high that they really didn't pose a problem. It was insane how easy it was to draw aggro from them, though. Jesus.

I'll second the disappointment on the reskin. Still, it looks fucking awesome regardless.

All I really have left to do is two more dragon priest barrows, finding the werebear brother of the Skaal (for some reason he wasn't with the other werebears), locating two more pieces of the Deathbrand set, and finding/summoning fucking Karstaag. I've got his skull. I just haven't found his castle yet.

And dear god, this DLC is fun. No bugs at all so far for the PC version, to boot. There are so many implications in the lore it's pretty crazy on top of all this too. Man. Bethesda fully deserves my twenty bucks for this, and Dragonborn pretty much ensures further purchases of Skyrim DLC (not that I ever wasn't going to buy, but still).

I'm actually really interested in the lore behind the Heartstones, and if they're doing more with that shit. Because I could easily tie it in with the actual Heart. And considering that they went through a lot of effort to tie fucking vampires into lore about Auriel/Auri-El and differentiating him from Akatosh...

Yeah. This is going to get pretty interesting.

13. Lord Raine

It was actually pretty bug-free on the console too, when you get down to it. Especially compared to the fuckery that was unpatched Dawnguard. The only things to consistently complain about were lag, and dungeons on rare occasions only partially loading (which is itself just an extension of lag on a scripted level).

And yes, out of all the DLC for Skyrim, this is the best by far so far. In fact, I'll reiterate what I said some time ago; this is probably the best DLC Bethesda has put out in a long, long time. This is up there with Shivering Isles. In fact, I'd argue that Dragonborn might even be better than Shivering Isles.

This was totally worth the twenty dollars it cost to get it and then some, and when I finally get a non-crappy PC that can run games like Skyrim, I'll gladly pay whatever price they're asking again to get it legitimately. They've more than earned my recreational spending money.

The implications with the lore are enormous, as is the "Herma Mora" angle, not to mention the Heartstones, which could be anything from rocks with melted bits of the Numidium in them, to rocks containing bits of the Heart, to the cooled lava that was irradiated by the Heart's power from it having sat there for so long. It could even be all of the above. And that's just the beginning. Having done most everything in this DLC, I'm fully prepared and full of desire for a trip to Blacklight. I have a mighty need for this to happen.

STAY BACK. I HAVE FIRE.

Sneaking is actually the best way to deal with them. They're just vagrants with ragged pants until they transform. Trying walking up on them, and see how much of a problem they pose then.

You aren't going to find him there. He randomly appears on the northern coast. You'll know him when you see him. He's the only randomly alone guy you're going to come across up there, barring the occasional Skaal hunter.
    It's a freaking castle. It didn't get up and walk. It's where it was the last time you were on the island.

Grant you, there's a glacier sitting on it now, but that's not the point.

14. Sechrima

Sechrima Disappeared

God damn it, I love this DLC. The main quest line is awesome, albeit short. The new shouts kick ass (Dragon Aspect looks absolutely boss). The new armor types and weapons are all so cool. My money was definitely well spent on Dragonborn. I have a feeling my character will be spending inordinate amounts of time on Solstheim for the next few weeks/months, especially once we start getting some great mods affecting the island.

My Dunmer battlemage/nightblade character is perfect for this DLC. I'm so glad I went to the effort of starting a fresh game with Dragonborn's added content in mind. Just for role-playing purposes alone, this DLC is a dream come true. Considering my character is a zealot of the Reclamation and champion of Azura/Mephala/Boethiah, I'm loving all the added lore for the New Temple.

[​IMG]
    Vaden, Champion of the Reclamation, and his followers: Skyrim's priestess of Azura, Aranea Ienith; and Jenassa, a Morag Tong assassin

Edit: Also, because I love just gazing out across the sea upon Morrowind, there's this:

[​IMG]
    Vaden contemplates the power of the Red Mountain

Last edited: Feb 9, 2013
  15. Lord Raine

16. NTD

NTD High Inquisitor

Skyrim updated for PC

Plenty of bugfixes and, in their own words, 'essentially removed the level cap'.
    Also, Legendary difficulty.

17. vinais

vinais Second Year

Had borrowed the game from a friend and played it on my laptop at extremely crappy but borderline playable framerates.

Loved it but had to stop after I reached the temple as the laptop started shutting down every 45 mins due to overheating. :fire

Damn you Sechrima for pushing me over the edge with those screenshots... This thread has forced me to order the Game for my PS3; and will be getting the DLC as well. Cant wait to get my hands on them! :p

Last edited: Mar 19, 2013
  18. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    So I'm browsing my Youtube channels and come across an old video I'd enjoyed. After watching it a few times I check out the guy's other videos and what do I find?

Dan. Bull. Skyrim. Rap.

Fuck Yeah.

With Dawnguard.

And Dragonborn DLC.

Check them out, they're awesome.

19. Lord Raine

There has been a large leak on the upcoming content of Skyrim DLC. And I'm just going to leave this right here.

And just for the record, in spite of the "friend of a friend" tone of the leak, there is apparently some legitimacy associated with this one.

The general tone of the leak is thus:

There will be two more major DLCs for Skyrim. The next one will deal with the time period when the Ancient Nords first came to Skyrim from Atmora. Akaviri and Atmoran stuff all up in here. Expect Magnus to matter, and apparently Hammerfall is involved too.

The final one will, according to this, be exactly what a lot of us have been really, really wanting.

Choosing the next High King of Skyrim, and bringing the fight to the Thalmor. What happens at the Moot will be DIRECTLY affected by your choices during the peace summit, what holds are controlled by who, whether or not you've solved the civil war yet, and if you have, who you sided with. It can and supposedly will play out radically differently depending on who is alive, who is dead, who is in power, and the political situation at the moment.

Also, Spears. And they're supposedly going to get their own skill tree. In fact, each of the three branches of skills is getting a new skill tree, supposedly. Spears is Warrior. Magic is "something unexpected, but it looks amazing." Stealth is a mystery at the moment.
    I encourage you all to take this leak with a very firm grain of salt. None of this has been verified officially in any way. The leaker seems legit, and has actual credentials to back up what they're saying, but then, I've also got a bridge to sell for anyone that's interested.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2013
  20. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    First comment on the reddit post is from a Bethesda Dev saying that 'This is a mixture of half-truths gleaned from interviews and outright falsehoods. Best to just move on.'