1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

SURVIVOR: DLP - Outwit, Outplay, Outlast [COMPLETED]

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Zeitgeist, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

Anyone answer what I asked you guys please? I'm not officially guessing but I would like to know what you think.

Code = Ryan won Survivor First? (or something similar)

2. Anya

Anya Harley Quinn DLP Supporter

This seems like an introductory piece, so it would maybe come firstish?

Riley: The R-Y-A-N probably comes after the Survivor.

3. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

Sorry Riley, I am not aware of any survivor lore, and honestly from what we have I don't think that sentence is a possibility, I maybe wrong though.

I am liking Stojil's "TRY AND" theory.

4. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    No, what I meant was did you add the words 1) 9 years old, and the 'After 1 12 years old' parts.

I think you may have gotten them wrong. The 12 years old part looks like an introduction, there is no 9 years old part.

5. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

Enlighten me people, why did we start thinking the school part comes first?

6. Aekiel

High Score:
    Oh wait, never mind. My mistake.

7. Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist High Inquisitor

Okay, I'm going to sleep now, but remember, you have to submit the full, complete story as one post before you can start submitting bolded attempts at guessing the code. I will be very strict on this rule, so you might be disqualified on a technicality lest you forget to assemble the pieces and post the full story.l

Night!

8. Klackerz

Klackerz Bridgeburner

This is from the Gryfinddor. Also this also solves the problem that He has pamphlet at night.

Also the burning smell may have occurred in Gryfindor's one.

9. Anya

I thought this might imply the School came first, butttt, when he says unpack he might mean that they have already been, thus making the house bit go first...........

---------- Post automerged at 02:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:34 AM ----------

AH. My bad.

---------- Post automerged at 02:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:35 AM ----------

I somehow got it into my mind Nae'blis was a Slytherin. D: Horrible awful mistake. Heh.

10. guljons

guljons Squib

Yeah I added those. Sorry for confusion.
    But yeah, it is mentioned that he is 9 years old

N----
    More strange events followed as Jake’s life went on. Aunt Mara had gotten a job in another country, forcing her and Jake to move once again. While they were waiting at the airport, for the next flight to London, Jake had grown thirsty. Like many other nine year-old boys, he was impatient and thus pleaded Aunt Mara for spare change to buy a soda. After she finally gave in, Jake gleefully raced to the airport’s 8-Twelve Convenience Store and grabbed a Cherry Soda. He was disappointed, though. All the available drinks were warm; perhaps the cooling system was down.

11. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

Unlikely.

/10char

---------- Post automerged at 09:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 PM ----------

We can't do much till font and Whooves show up.

12. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

Maybe these are together? I'm not sure.

D----
    Douglas wrinkled his nose, as though he had smelled something disgusting. After throwing the principal another glare, he walked into the office and slammed the door behind. Principal Norton’s smile faltered ever-so slightly. Jake couldn’t help but grin.

“Excuse me, I have some work to do,” said Principal Norton in a tight voice.

Before turning the doorknob to his office, he patted Jake on the shoulder. A cold feeling spread through Jake’s body, like cold wind at night. Jake shivered.
    T----
    When Principal Norton turned around, Jake felt his face burn red. He was embarrassed that he was even making this weird request to start with. Aunt Mara was frowning.

“Can you put me in a class other than 6B?” asked Jake uneasily. “This girl – Elena, Elisa, something – said that I should avoid it, and ask you.”

“Class 6B? Interesting, that was my original pick for you,” said Principal Norton softly. “I imagined you would fit in perfectly with the other children there. You see, many of them are also…troubled. Unusual kids we need to keep an extra pair of eyes on.”
    R----
    Jake resisted the urge to retort that he didn’t need extra supervision. This was the fourth time that the principal had alluded to his disciplinary record, and Jake was getting a little fed up.

“Regardless, I don’t think we should make any hasty changes for now,” concluded Principal Norton. “Let’s see how you behave in Class 6B and take it from there, okay?”

“Okay.”

Or are T and R a different scene?

---------- Post automerged at 04:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:41 PM ----------

Nah, I don't think so.

13. Klackerz

Klackerz Bridgeburner

So the darbble when Jake in the night seeing someone outside the window, he has a pamphlet with him. The pamphlet would have only been with him if School was first.

Also Survivor as the first word sounds right. XD

---------- Post automerged at 09:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 PM ----------

T and R seems the same scene to me

14. Aekiel

High Score:
    Okay, here's the order I have so far.

Therefore the code so far is "NG BH PIEC SEO AN DN HEA ER".

Third word is probably PIECES. Last is possibly HEATHER. Let's get more of this stuff posted so we can fill in the gaps.

15. Anya

Can you repost that night scene?

16. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

klackerz, T and R are together for sure. I meant to ask if they were a different scene from D, but I think they are.

17. LochNess

LochNess Third Year DLP Supporter

T----She was the only one out of his relatives who was willing to take him in. Not Uncle Victor, not Aunt Rosemary. Only Aunt Mara. That had to count for something in Jake’s book, because to a twelve year-old, acceptance and affection meant the whole world. He had to trust his aunt.

“How long until we arrive?” piped Jake, putting as much enthusiasm as he could into his voice.

Aunt Mara looked relieved.

N----“I haven’t seen you before,” she said to Jake. “And I remember the faces I see. Who are you?”

“Uh, I’m new. Just moved here.”

“Thought so. Clearview’s a small town, and things don’t change that much around here,” said the girl in a bossy voice. She extended her hand. “I’m Eloise Applelard, by the way. How old are you?”

Jake was hesitant. Only when Aunt Mara nudged him encouragingly, did he shake Eloise’s hand. “Jake Hilden. And er, I’m twelve?”

E----This time, Jake rolled his eyes. “I’m sure.”

“Boys,” Aunt Mara muttered to herself. “They think they know everything.”

Ignoring the comment, Jake stared out the car window. The surrounding landscape wasn’t enticing. There was dirt everywhere, and he couldn’t spot a single tree in sight. All he could see was a vast expanse of reddish earth, which rolled out like a moth-ridden carpet into the cloudless horizon. Everything seemed empty. It was certainly a contrast to Jake’s previous home in the city, back in the suburb of Mosman.

D----Aunt Mara turned right at a traffic light that wouldn’t stop blinking ‘red’. It had probably been broken for a while, considering that the other cars seemed to disregard the ‘red’ signal.

Strange. Jake also noticed that there weren’t many cars in Clearview, to begin with. In fact, there was nobody else on the road, except Aunt Mara’s beat-down Toyota and a police cruiser. The emergency lightbars on the cruiser were on, spraying orange and blue on the pavement. Maybe there was a crisis somewhere in town. But then why wasn’t the police siren on as well?

I----Ten seconds later, the nearby pond of water had suddenly frozen over, with the twinned carps still inside. The girl understandably screamed and ran away. It wasn’t even winter, but one of those melting days in the dead heat of summer.

Nobody believed Linda when she screeched what had happened. Who could? By the time she reached a teacher, the ice strangely had already melted, and the carps remained unharmed. There was no proof. Jake himself couldn’t believe what he had seen. It was far easier to pretend that nothing happened.

Will help unscramble as soon as I can get to a computer

18. Klackerz

Klackerz Bridgeburner

here is it.

19. Nae

Nae The Violent

Just to be clear, both teams are working on separate pieces, right?

20. Anya

Yessssssssss.