1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

PS4 -- Holiday release.

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by KHAAAAAAAN!!, Feb 21, 2013.

1. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    >_>

<_<

If it's any consolation, the game was awesome. Though Infamous 1 was still better.
    My point stands though. The biggest boon of the Infamous games was Cole himself. I don't see why I should care about this guy in the trailer -who looks like a total douche-, and in fact I don't.

2. Jibril

Jibril Headmaster

I watched the entire conference and it was decent. There was nothing really gripping or making me go 'wow'.

The technical aspects are interesting - especially the part about simultaneously playing and downloading games and short time for power up. The social aspect is completely irrelevant to me - as long as I'm not forced to be connected with this social network I'm ok with it.

I'm mostly disappointed with games - or their lack. Except Killzone - which, BTW, looked like Crysis - and WATCH_DOGS - that looked like Assassin's Creed in modern times - there was nothing that convinced me that this was next-gen platform. Everything looked like it could run od PS3. Sony is probably gearing up for E3, where they will show their major aces - IMHO Metal Gear Solid 5.

3. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm guessing it was to get developers hungry for their dev kits before Xbox could announce they had built a new console.

4. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Hurruh - with the PS4 out, they might finally knock down the price of the PS3 to something affordable!

5. The Great Pandemonium

The Great Pandemonium Fourth Year

I wouldn't be surprised if they switched development already and its now a ps4 launch title. Or it could be a swan song for the ps3 like God of War 2 was for the ps2. Hopefully they'll show something at E3.
    I don't know how true this is, but I read in a comment on reddit that Sony tried to revolutionize the way video games are made by using their cell processor but it backfired because it was hard to develop for. I think this is what most people mean when they say the full hardware capabilities haven't been tapped.

6. Solomon

Solomon Heir

Yeah, that's pretty much went down. There's a reason Mark Cerny spent a fair amount of time pointing out that the PS4 will be easy to develop for.

7. Anarchy

Anarchy Half-Blood Prince DLP Supporter

Witcher 3 was announced for it, which excites me, but I barely play my ps3 as is.

8. Jibril

Jibril Headmaster

It's a safe bet to say that Cyberpunk 2077 will also be on PS4. The only question is, will it be also available on current gen consoles.

About Final Fantasy. I think they have scraped Final Fantasy Versus XIII as a title, and just renamed it as Final Fantasy XV.

9. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    I think that's just a fan spread rumor. The development team has confirmed over and over that the story exists as part of the 'Fabula Nova Crystallis' universe. More likely that they just scrap it.

I suspect FF13: Lightning's Return will be the last FF for PS3, and FF13 Versus will come sometime in 2014 for PS4.

Maybe.

Hopefully.

Probably not.

Fuck you, Square. :colbert:

10. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

A little bit off-topic, but: what the Hell does anyone see in inFamous? It's the worstgame in my Steam library. If I could I'd gladly give it to someone else. o_o

11. Solomon

Solomon Heir

...inFamous is a PS3 exclusive series and it is very, very good. You're probably thinking of Prototype, which is very, very bad.

12. NTD

NTD High Inquisitor

Wait what the fuck? Another XIII game? I still haven't even played 13-2 yet despite owning it since release.

13. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The fact that I don't like any of the newer FF games makes me sad.

As does the fact that I can't relive the older ones on the PC.

14. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    It's a thousand times better than its predecessor... but that only makes it average. I just want them to be done with their crappy story so they can actually finish Versus.

I want my goddamn FF action RPG.

15. NTD

NTD High Inquisitor

Amen to that.:cheers:

16. ChaosGuy

ChaosGuy Unspeakable

I also want it done so I can have Kingdom Heart 3.

17. NTD

NTD High Inquisitor

I'm honestly more excited for 1.5 to come to north America in the Kingdom hearts side of things.

18. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

The fuckers skipped the PS3/360 generation altogether and just went for the handhelds, I'm willing to bet that if they do another KH game, it'll be on the Vita. It's like the only handheld they haven't got a game on.

19. Platypus

Platypus Groundskeeper

They're re-releasing Kingdom Hearts on PS3 on a disc/set with Kingdom Hearts:Re: Chain of Memories and a two hour set of video clips from Days. They're going to re-release Kingdom Hearts 2 (with unspecified extras from Birth By Sleep and Dream Drop Distance). These are intended to be the last games released before Kingdom Hearts 3, which is supposedly in development. Their intention is to unite the universe on a single game system.

These mutant games are Kingdom Hearts 1 1/2 and Kingdom Hearts 2 1/5. Very creative of them.

I'm actually really looking forward to Kingdom Hearts 1 1/5. It's one of my most replayed games, and I want to see how they've updated the graphic for PS3 and how well they've integrated the KHII gameplay into the original game.

20. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The only reason I would consider buying a PS4 is for Kingdom Hearts III. Even then it's a maybe, and only after the price drops quite a bit. Because you know it's going to be balls expensive.

I don't know, I'm just not impressed with consoles in general lately.