1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (New Joss Whedon TV Show)

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Rubicon, Apr 8, 2013.

1. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

"Joss Whedon (MARVEL’S THE AVENGERS, Buffy the Vampire Slayer) shows us not all heroes are super with MARVEL’S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.

Fresh from his role in the summer’s box office smash, MARVEL’S THE AVENGERS, Agent Phil Coulson (Clark Gregg) returns to the worldwide law enforcement organization S.H.I.E.L.D. He puts together a small, highly trained, team of Agents to tackle the cases that haven’t been classified yet, the new, the strange and the unknown. That team consists of straight arrow Agent Grant Ward (Brett Dalton), an expert in combat and espionage; pilot and martial artist Agent Melinda May (Ming-Na Wen); and brilliant if socially awkward scientists Agent Leo Fitz (Iain De Caestecker) and Agent Jemma Simmons (Elizabeth Henstridge). They’ll be joined by civilian new recruit and computer hacker Skye (Chloe Bennet).

Prepare for an epic adventure that showcases the hope and wonder of the human spirit. This is a world of Super Heroes, aliens and the unusual – of action, spectacle and world spanning stories. The show will speak to the human condition through the lens of our very human, non-powered S.H.I.E.L.D agents – that together we are greater than we are apart, and that we can make a difference in the world.

Executive Produced and co-written by Joss Whedon, Jed Whedon & Maurissa Tancharoen (Dollhouse, Dr.Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog), Jeffrey Bell (Angel, Alias) and Jeph Loeb (Smallville, Lost, Heroes) comes Marvel’s first live-action TV series, MARVEL’S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D."

Wikipedia article with most of the confirmed stuff: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S.H.I.E.L.D._(TV_series)

2. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

3. ElDee

ElDee Unspeakable

He got better. One of the perks of existing within the Marvel universe.

4. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Just because comics do it all the time these days doesn't mean it isn't cheap. Though I liked Coulson, his death had a purpose.

5. Rubicon

It's nothing new for a Whedon show, though. How many times did Buffy die?

6. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

That was different. The show was called Buffy.

7. Ennead

Ennead Seventh Year

8. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    As much as I liked Phil this idea of making him the main character seems to just shit all over the Avengers movie. He was a great character but one of the biggest plot points of the movie was Phil's death being the catalyst that drew the Avengers together to cooperate as a team. By using him as a character with this "Durrr he got better" bullshit it completely and totally removes any and all emotional impact of the scene.

9. Torric

Torric Third Year

I thought you guys were kidding. His last scene certainly looked like he died, but it was obvious that he hadn't during the dialogue between Fury and Hill regarding the blood stained cards. :/

10. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

There's an Avenger's Fic that has Coulson alive, forget what it is though, Maybe Wand and Shield? If it's the same actor though than even though he didn't die it should still be entertaining. I like that actor.

11. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The majority of the fandom has Coulson survive. I'd always had the impression that while Fury bloodied up the Captain America cards himself, Coulson had still died there, given that we saw him die and the medics didn't rush him off in a hurry to some shiny life saver device.

12. Ennead

Ennead Seventh Year

Maybe he was brought back because he's a huge fan favorite? Like Comedy Central with Futurama.

13. The Great Pandemonium

The Great Pandemonium Fourth Year

I think I remember Clark Gregg saying something about a Life Model Decoy at a con or in an interview. So I guess that's an explanation on how hes alive. Has it been confirmed that the series is actually set after Avengers? It could also be a prequel.

14. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Frankly I hope Captain America and Iron Man get extremely pissed at Fury for tricking them into thinking Coulson is dead, assuming he really lived.

15. Shouldabeenadog

Shouldabeenadog Death Eater

I actually would like to se Coulson alive, if only to see Stark well and truly loose it at Fury in Avengers 2. And then Cap overhears, and suddenly this shitshow becomes a three ring shitstacular.

16. draconian139

draconian139 DA Member

I actually thought the same thing but just started looking up information about the new show and came across this. So I guess he did die and they're actually going with resurrecting him. I really dislike this as once you do one resurrection it cheapens just about any other character death as you'll always think that they could come back at any time. Its the reason I've never been able to get into mainstream comics.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2013
  17. Scrib

Scrib The Chosen One

They could have just made a prequel to keep Coulson alive? Create a sort of pre-Avengers. I guess it depends on how many Marvel characters they think they can cross over from the films.

Anyways, I'm surprised that the woman from the Avengers. Hill or whatever, is not in this.

18. Rubicon

From here.

And it's definitely not a prequel:
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01...onfirms-shield-takes-place-after-the-avengers

19. Oruma

Oruma Order Member

Maria Hill, aka Robin.

20. syed

syed Supermod

I kinda want to see Coulson's reaction to the state his captain America cards are in. Not only are they out of their special pack that keeps them safe and clean, but they are now blood stained.