1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Xbox ONE

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Rache, May 21, 2013.

1. Böhser Onkel

Böhser Onkel Second Year DLP Supporter

2. Feoffic

Feoffic Alchemist DLP Supporter

Considering that they're sharing the account as well, I doubt that will be a problem.

3. Böhser Onkel

Böhser Onkel Second Year DLP Supporter

Then I understood it wrong. Still it's another point why I won't buy one, I'm not even sure if I'll get a PS4 even though I enjoy playing with a few friends on PS3 very much, it's always more fun.

4. Solomon

Solomon Heir

I actually heard that, as long as the game is installed on the machine, any account on the machine can play it. Then again, they haven't actually confirmed fucking anything as far as used games (or games on other accounts) is concerned, so it's hard to take anything seriously.

5. Chime

Chime Dark Lord

It's a PR campaign of misinformation at this point. All the details they purposefully didn't reveal during the speech aren't being addressed and they are counting on the media being a circus. They want as many people to buy into some hype close to launch and forget about the system's possible flaws.

6. samkar

samkar Temporarily Banhammered

With the exception of the old XBOX1 all these consoles use non x86 cpus with special features like complex SIMD units which you can't even simulate with the latest x86 cpus fast enough. Another issues are architectural differences with usually extremely high bandwidths due to wide buses or stuff like ESRAM. That allows extreme peak performances for certain problems and data sets.

---------- Post automerged at 08:48 ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 ----------

It's a PR disaster. There is so much negativity not only on more experienced developer forums(beyond3d), but also on their fanbases(xbox.com, teamxbox, neogaf). There are too many fundamental problems I can't see them being able to repair that damage.

7. Joschneide

Joschneide Groundskeeper

Just buy Razer... Razer everything... mouse, keyboard and xbox controller. I've suffered almost no lag with their usb in every way. Plus they're sexy.

EDIT: Oh and fuck XboxOne. And I will buy the shit out of any Bungie game, regardless of their disdain for PC gamers.

8. Lokesin

Lokesin Slug Club Member

While I refuse to buy the X1 at this point, Microsoft really needs to get its shit together and have all its employees start marching to the same tune.

It's been two days since an official reveal that they had a whole extra fucking month to prepare for and they still don't know their head from their ass on the critical issues gamers want to know about.

9. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I got a Razer mouse as a Christmas gift (a DeathAdder Black). It's great, but to be honest you can probably get peripherals that are, for the most part, just as good and far cheaper if you shop around.

10. Joschneide

Joschneide Groundskeeper

Maybe. But I've never used them. Razer let me sample before I purchased. I'll spend the extra $20-$40 for that quality guarantee.

11. Solomon

Solomon Heir

The media circus is not helping Microsoft at this point. All it's doing is magnifying the system's flaws. Hell, because Microsoft hasn't put out an official statement regarding how they plan to handle used games, it's practically creating new flaws whole-cloth. They need to get this shit under control ASAP or the message going into E3 - and possibly (in a worst case scenario) launch - will be "Don't buy XBone. Buy PS4 or a PC instead."

12. Evan Tide

Evan Tide Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Am I allowed to post GIFs here?

Cause this is pretty much my reaction to this stupid:

[​IMG]

13. Lokesin

Lokesin Slug Club Member

Looks like Sony's on the ball.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Solomon

Solomon Heir

That's actually an edit. The original was really boring. Here's another edit that I came across:

[​IMG]

15. Darth Disaster

Darth Disaster The Waking Sith ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    @Lord Raine: Ignore the dipshits saying that 4k is a stupid amount to spend. I just helped build a 4k Gaming Rig and that thing was an incredible beast. I swear to god it was a thing of indescribable beauty and unparalleled power. Like a Unicorn/High Dragon hybrid.

On Topic: PS4 is going to win the Console Wars this generation. Developers hate the WiiU, Gamers hate the XBox One. So long as PS4 doesn't shit themselves on stage (The reveal is June 10th, btw), they should have it in the bag.

Also, I will not buy the X1. No matter how Microsoft backtracks, no matter how they change shit. I refuse. I will not reward the blatant anti-consumer ideals and philosophies they displayed at the reveal. I might consider the next generation after this one. But it'll be a hard sell indeed.

Last edited: May 25, 2013
  16. Solomon

Solomon Heir

...No. The PS4's reveal was February 20th. They had this whole two hour conference where Mark Cerny talked about specs and features and there were a bunch of game trailers.

June 10th is the date of Sony's E3 conference, which will probably be a whole lot less PS4 than you think.

17. NTD

NTD High Inquisitor

E3 isn't even scheduled to begin until June 11th.

Sony has been putting out info saying that we get to see the PS4 on June 10.

18. Solomon

Solomon Heir

Oh, so that's when they'll actually show the box? Okay, that makes a little more sense. Because again, they actually unveiled pretty much everything except the box and the price in February.

EDIT: Also, the major press conferences (Sony, Nintendo, Microsoft) are always held before E3 officially begins. That's Sony's E3 conference, and again, it's probably going to be less PS4 than you think.

EDIT2: There's something hilariously ironic about the former CEO of EA being unambiguously correct about what Sony and Microsoft need to do for their console launches.

19. Legacy

Legacy Death Eater DLP Supporter

To be fair, he's always been a smart guy when it comes to predicting trends and when a game will be good or not. The problems start when he screws up, and when he screwed up he made one hell of a mess to clean up every time. Anyway, X1 is a mixed bag for me, its done some things right and some things stupidly wrong.

I like the idea that my games are tied to my account like my steam library is. If that means I can essentially take my games over to my friends place without having a giant stack of games under my arm then I'm happy. I also like the talks about being able to resell your games back to microsoft or to friends for a better return than I would get from Gamestop or EB games (this all depends on whether or not MS is an idiot with their resell and transaction charge).

I don't like the fact that I'm reliant on the kinect always being connected to my xbox. I don't like the fact that MS isn't trying to bring indie devs into the fold to develop for them (something incredibly stupid after the major successes of both Bastion and Dust: an Elysian Tale that started on the Xbox). Lastly, I really, REALLY don't like the fact that I'm being sidelined after being a supporter of MS and the Xbox for the last two generations, I picked mine up soon after release both times and now I'm being punished after they became a household name. Yeah fuck you too.

All in all, I'm willing to wait and see if MS can dig themselves out of the hole they have started. I need to see if the good ideas that are in here will be as good as I hope and that the bad is really just been blown out of proportion at E3 this year. Hopefully those mysterious 8 new IP's of theirs will also make an appearance to rival Watchdogs one last year.

20. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Yeah. They got bashed for PC from pc gamers, and they deserved it. They expected to be hailed as PC saviors like they were on the Xbox, only to realize their game couldn't hang with what we had out already. I remember showing an older version of Battlefied to my friends who were Xbox Halo fanatics, and they were blow away by being able to have more then a handful of people involved at once, and the graphics. The series has always been a joke with a decent backstory, but still at a high point for the console's power. It was the high point in a sea of halfass, ugly to borderline acceptable games. Then again I get a splitting headache whenever I play the console FPS from their ultra jaggy edges from piss poor FSAA and low rez textures, so ignore me, lol.

I'll probably pick up one or the other eventually. I'll wait awhile to see which one actually puts out games worth a shit. PS3 took forever to actually have anything worth playing on it, but I always hated the UI. That and I'm pretty bitter at the Vita. 330$ for the kit plus a year of PSN Plus, and they've put out fucking barely any games for the "next huge thing in mobile gaming!" The graphics are amazing for a mobile device, they just cant be fucked to put games out for it.