1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Need suggestions for good offline games

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Dnar Semaj, May 29, 2013.

1. bombdiggity92

bombdiggity92 Temporarily Banhammered

I'd reccomend Far Cry 3 and Tomb raider, those are both imo fucking epic single player games. But I'm more of a Cod zombie player so I usually stick with that. But whenever I'm bored I hop on one of those two games it's alot of fun.

2. Hero of Stupidity

Hero of Stupidity Villain of Sensibility ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    You could also play one of the Harry Potter games. I would recommend the 6th one, that was the best, the seventh is a point and smash some buttons game, the a fifth has horrible controls, the fourth is altogether gay and makes no sense and 1-2-3 are designed for mentally retarded children.

3. disturbed27

disturbed27 Professor

There is also AC: Brotherhood and AC: Revelations in between 2 and 3. I can't attest to 3's quality, but Brotherhood and Revelations are both good games, if not as revolutionary as 2.

I disagree. The first one is ok, but number two hits it out of the park and you don't really need 1 to understand 2, from what I remember. But, do what you will, Semaj.

EDIT: Oh, I just remembered.

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed. So fun shooting lightning out of my hands and throwing my light saber at storm troopers.

Last edited: May 30, 2013
  4. Erandil

Erandil Minister of Magic

Red Dead Redemption and Mass Effect 2... Maybe Sleeping Dogs or Saints Row 3 if you want something GTA like.
    I would also second Assassins Creed 2 plus the 2 addons. I dislike the third immensely because I realy can´t stand Connor.

The Warhammer games are for PC.. maybe the Space Marine one is also for XBOX.

5. iLost

iLost Minister of Magic

There's also the Harry Potter Lego which was pretty fun to play. The first one, Years 1-4, was much better than the second one. Funny and light-hearted if that's you're thing.

6. samkar

samkar Temporarily Banhammered

Far Cry 3. A lot of fun which takes a long time to complete. It's not a perfect game but the gameplay is addictively well done. 91% at metacritics for the 360 version.

7. enembee

enembee The Nicromancer DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Nothing wrong with CoD or Angry Birds.

On topic: Red Dead Redemption and Skyrim are definitely the way to go. RDR for an amazing story and typically stellar Rockstar gameplay. Skyrim because it's absolutely massive and almost all of it is quality (although the main story sucks). Also, they both ought to be reasonably cheap having been out for a while.

Last edited: May 30, 2013
  8. Kaemrynn

Kaemrynn Fourth Year

Borderlands and Borderlands 2 are absolute musts. They're RPGs so you can sink a lot of time into them, they are FPS, you get access to a ridiculous amount of guns, the characters (Mostly Claptrap and Handsome Jack) are hilarious, and the worlds are massive.

Other than that, Skyrim, the Mass Effect series, both Dragon Age games, and Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 1 and 2 if you can pick up copies that are in good condition.

9. Dnar Semaj

Dnar Semaj Seventh Year

Sorry for not responding till now, just got off work.

These are all good suggestions. You guys definitely sold me on Red Dead Redemptions and Saints Row series. I'm gonna start with those.

10. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

I'm not even going to read the thread, just get Just Cause 2 and Saints Row the Third.

11. Dr. Strange Lulz

Dr. Strange Lulz Denarii Host DLP Supporter

The Witcher 2, and XCOM: Enemy Unkown.

Oh, and if you get bored just buy Ikaruga and don't buy or play anything else until you beat it.

12. Warlocke

Warlocke Fourth Champion

Saints Row: The Third is fun. The changes you can make to facial geometry in the character creator kind of made me jealous, as as longtime Sims 2 player. The thing about SR3 is that it knows it's a video game and revels in that fact. It doesn't care how outlandish it gets, as long as it's fun.

Buy it at the right time, and you can get it dirt cheap, with all the DLC included.

I can't comment on Infinite, yet, but Bioshock 1 and 2 are both great. I'm one of the people that absolutely loved the sequel. They're both top notch examples of storytelling, if you take the time to find/grab all the audio journals.

Terraria is great fun and, as good as the game is already, it's going to be getting a massive update around late June/early July (or thereabouts). If you like the idea of a giant, monster and treasure-filled sandbox, in which to build a castle out of bricks, this game could do the trick.

Unfortunately, it was just on sale, and now it's back to being 9.99. Even so, if you can't squeeze 10 bucks worth of fun out of a game like Terraria, you might just be dead inside (or a teabagger).

Emulators for old game systems can be a nostalgic time killer.

Portal is great, and its sequel is even better (whether you like plot with your puzzles or not), but they are both pretty short. Even a schmuck like me can finish the original in a few hours. Still, it's a sweet few hours.

Borderlands is a great game and, for my money, Borderlands 2 is better by miles. Even if you're the type to plow through a game without stopping to smell the roses, it's going to take you a while to chew through everything... and there are the DLC campaigns, which are pretty cheap. The base games tend to go on sale on various sites, rather frequently, so it's not hard to grab them for a pittance.

The DLC 'Mechromancer' class is pretty cool.

13. Dnar Semaj

Dnar Semaj Seventh Year

Finished Red Dead Redemption- onto these now. Thanks guys. I'm getting more once I finish these.

14. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Arkham City is also pretty good.

15. Dnar Semaj

Dnar Semaj Seventh Year

I heard that too. I was planning to do them in order.

16. Invictus

Invictus Master of Death

Both Batmans are great. I strongly suggest the Mass Effect series. Fantstic stoty and gameplay. The Witcher 2, I haven't played it yet, but my broyher has, and with the exception of Saints Row he played all of the games mentioned here and The Witcher is his favorite.

17. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

If your computer is even average, I'd say pick up Emperor: Rise of the Middle Kingdom, Age of Empires 2, and some of the earlier Civilization games. They will save your skin in the boonies, great time killers. Maybe also Rome: Total War.

18. deyas

deyas Groundskeeper

Europa Universalis III. Grand strategy esque game.

19. Dnar Semaj

Dnar Semaj Seventh Year

I have a Chromebook unfortunately - I am unsure how I would use these games or if it is even possible. My sister has a really nice Mac, but is fiercely protective of it. PC games are a no-go - which is killer for me because there are so many good ones (and Steam obviously).

20. yak

yak Moderator DLP Supporter Retired Staff