1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Official DLP Nuzlocke Run

Discussion in 'Pokémon' started by Mindless, Jul 24, 2010.

1. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Current Team

J.V. Grace (Crobat) - 40
    Koon A.A. (Jolteon) - 40
    Repellista (Gastrodon) - 38
    Emile (Bronzong) - 40
    Leesoo (Bidoof) - 14
    Togepi Egg

Ill tidings with this update, will get to in a moment.

So, after getting Surf, I run and do all the water things that can be done right now, grabbing various TM's and exploring the seaborne Routes south of Sandgem Town.

Once that's done, it's on to Canalave City.

Meanwhile, my Egg has hatched into Ja Wangnan the Togepi. Male, Serene Grace, but has an Adamant nature which kinda sucks. Anyway, I decide to hold off on leveling him so that I can ignore random encounters without having to Repel spam or catch something I don't want.

New Capture: Ja Wangnan the Togepi, Level 1. Next capture at Level 11.

Barry wants another battle. J.V. Grace and Koon A.A. tag team him like bosses. Crobat sinks his Heracross, Infernape and Roserade with one Fly apiece, while Jolteon electrocutes Floatzel and Staraptor.

On to Iron Island. But first, I pull Ja Wangnan out and use the Exp. Share to get him ten levels in the grass outside Canalave.

Iron Island. I generally took the Trainers 1v1 rather than engaging in Double Battles alongside Riley because I don't trust the AI not to get me screwed over. That works well until I have to do that Double Battle against the two Ace Trainers. I was a bit worried about this one, but J.V. Grace had his most dapper pimp suit and handled that shit like a sir.

Too bad his awesomeness couldn't protect me from my own absentmindedness.

Anyway, got the Riolu Egg and hatched it on Cycling Road. I plan(ned) on using Mazino the Riolu.

New capture: Mazino the Riolu, Level 1. Next capture at Level 11.

And now, the disaster. Repellista seems well on her way to trolling Canalave Gym. Until I get to that Ace Trainer with the Scizor.

Scizor outspeeds Gastrodon and X-Scissor hits Repellista moderately hard, leaving her well over half HP. Surf hits back a lot harder, dropping the Scizor deep into the yellow. I assume I can tank another hit, and don't do what I ought to have and swapped into Crobat.

X-Scissor does not critical. Repellista dies anyway. I call bullshit, random variance should not account for nearly 20 HP in damage. I sent in Koon A.A. to revenge kill the Scizor with Thunderbolt and rage over this bullshit. And then I put together what had happened and want to slap myself in the teeth.

A cookie to whoever else figures it out.

So...yeah, I now have no Water or Ground, and I need to have both in one package to have the team combination I was planning. So...what to do now?

I am really bummed at the moment. Was not expecting AT FUCKING ALL to have to deal with a dead Pokemon this late in the game.

The best solution might be to attempt to grab another Gastrodon outside town. The odds are pretty good, even if it takes me a couple try and grind sessions. But I will not do that. I have a rule that I've always followed, that if I have a Pokemon die in a Nuzlocke run I am thereupon locked out of using that Pokemon or anything in its evolutionary line in that run. So, no replacement Gastrodon, as much as that would be the easiest solution.

So...do I level up and use Rhydon now, and try to get another Water somewhere? Break my prohibition on Gyarados? Try and get a Quagsire as a substitite? Any readers who want to share some opinions are welcome and encouraged to.

Either way, I have no stocked Evolutions and am going to have to put together some means to get past Byron. Not quite certain how I'm going to do that either...

This situation really sucks.

Summary

Badges Obtained: Coal, Forest, Relic, Cobble, Fen
    5/5 Evolutions Used
    Most Recent Capture: Riolu, Level 1. Next capture at Level 11.

Team

J.V. Grace (Crobat) - 46
    Koon A.A. (Jolteon) - 44
    Emile (Bronzong) - 44
    Leesoo (Bidoof) - 15

Box

Rozeal (Turtwig) - 7
    Androssi (Shinx) - 23
    Rak (Rhyhorn) - 32
    Ja Wangnan (Togepu) - 11
    Mazino (Riolu) - 1

Never Forget

Yuri the Machop - Hidden Power = Crithax
    Repellista the Gastrodon - That Ace Trainer called me a noob and he was right

2. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Fucking abilities. How do they work?

As for alternates... I can't really see much that you could catch here that you haven't had before or on routes you've already covered. You could go for a non-resistant pokemon like Misdreavus in Eterna Forest (20% to find it at night), which has not quite terrible stats and a resistance to psychic attacks (not to mention a decent SpD stat for use against Bronzor and Bastiodon. Can't help you against the Steelix though, it'd probably get smashed.

3. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Well, this is Nuzlocke Squared so reusing routes is allowed. I haven't caught very many Pokemon at all anyway, so I'd have been cool even if that were. I already got myself a Quagsire in the route west of Pastoria and am in the process of training it to replace the Gastrodon. For once the game took pity on me and let me have it without having to catch and train something else beforehand.

4. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

LT2000: Swarm over Technician on that Scizor, makes his bugtype abilities hit 30% when below 30%

5. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Your cookie, sir. I mixed Quagsire shit into the dough. Bon appetit.

6. Aekiel

High Score:
    You mean I don't get a cookie too? I know it was a veiled reference, but a reference it was! D:

7. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Do you want a Quagsire shit cookie? I have plenty. The leftovers are going to be given to Barry in a care package in my next writeup.

8. Otters

Otters Groundskeeper ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Well, fuck my life. After defeating six gyms in Soul Silver, my entire team was killed by a level 18 Dunsparce.

I don't even.

Look at all these evens I don't.

It's so many.

36 Noctowl, 32 Kadabra, 30 Gloom, 30 Sudowoodo, 28 Haunter and 22 Krabby all fell to this hack Dunsparce. They were all at full health.

9. Thaumologist

Thaumologist Fifth Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    No they didn't, it was all a dream!

I have, on previous runs, ignored TPKs on occasion. If I lose my entire party to a single pokemon, then either I'm massively underlevelled, in which case the gym leader (and it normally is) has gone easy on me, recognizing my stupidity, or crithax, which are stupid when it happens to everything. And I don't mind losing one or two to that, as it's normal. But an entire team is silly.

Sacrifice one or two of the team, and keep going.

Also, fuck yeah! I'm a giant flying dinosaur and a dragon! Obviously doing something right.

Not had as much time recently, so only a bit of murderizing has been going on. Monster and Lamp and getting up towards the rest of the team. The next gym is CandICE (I see what you did there, Gamefreak), so Duvet is going to be useless. There's no real point training him currently, and having him with me might lead to fingerslippage or forgetfulness, so Duvet is going into the computer soon, just in case.
    Once the team hits 45, I'll box him, then head North, through the misty mountain, and slaughter all the Nords in our path. Coffee is an incredible powerhouse even without type advantage, but I'd like to get through a gym without taking a single hit. With typing and STAB, I don't think anything there is going to stand a chance.

Towel, Gastrodon, 45.
    Coffee, Rapidash, 43.
    Duvet, Gabite, 40.
    Monster, Lucario, 35.
    Lamp, Froslass, 35. Next capture 43.

5/6 Evolutions used

10. Aekiel

High Score:
    How the hell did that happen?

11. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

Rollout?

SS/HG have atrocious difficulty curves either way, imo. My platinum pokemon are reaching 50 at 6 badges.

12. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    It's been a while, been to busy for pokemanz. So a lot happend, let me fill you in on the ruckus. I beat Giovanni with ease, but Nuzlock being the cunt he is weakend me before I fought him. I got a Lapras I named Lungs. Wildfeathr killed Sabrina with pin missle like the bamf he is. I already knew what I want for my team so I ko'd everything on the way to fuschia. Koga was a bitch too, Vira showing her staying power in this tier. Oh but I caught Irene the ditto on route 15 because.... I forgot it has been a while D8

I sacrificed Wildfeathr to capture Lamora the Zapdos because I just want to finish this nonsense and the legendaries make it easy. Off to sea foam caves to capture Articuno wish me luck~ Also revived Aerodactyl from the old amber, welcome Vash to the team

Team
    Lt2000 the Victorybell
    Poytin the Fire Dragon King of Something
    Lungs the Lapras
    Vira the Sandslash
    Vash the Aerodactyl
    Lamora the Thunder God AKA Zapdos

Never Forget 2013
    Wildfeathr the Jolteon

Last edited: May 30, 2013
  13. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Well Fuck. I think I just got traded in for a better model. Pokemon sure is srs bznz.

I'll have to play some more tonight so I won't be so far behind. Time to start giving some love back, starting with LuckyLee.

14. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    while I wait for my gen 1 and 3 games to arrive from china, I'll be starting HeartGold tonight, which starter is the most difficult?

15. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Chikorita. What it lacks in strength is made up only by cuteness. The first two gyms (flying and bug) make Chikorita a somewhat useless Pokemon, but that goes for any pure grass-type.

16. EmbroElite

EmbroElite Disappeared DLP Supporter

If I recall correctly the first 2 gyms are Flying and Bug, so assuming you don't ruthlessly grind, then Chikorita, the Grass type would be the hardest to start with. After the first couple of gyms you should have more diversity and more decently leveled support for you're starter.
    Ninja'd by Vira

Last edited: May 30, 2013
  17. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Ok so... I know little of types past the basic starter interactions, I ignore abilities, I know nothing of IVs, and I've not played past the third gym in gen two in almost 10 years... fuck yeah Chikorita.

18. Otters

Otters Groundskeeper ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    If I'm going to Nuzlocke^2, I'm not going to take pansy-ass mercy deaths or disregard rules for my convenience. That hack Dunsparce killed my team, so I restarted.

And you know what? I was rewarded for it. I was going to start with Spearow or Geodude this time, but just after getting pokeballs, I ran into a shiny Pidgey. Guess Pidgey is my starter now.

May all the zombies in heaven help me if this Pidgey dies.

19. EmbroElite

EmbroElite Disappeared DLP Supporter

First pokemon game I ever played was Yellow and I swept the Elite Four with a Pidgeot that had been my lead since my Pikachu proved useless against Brock. Moral of that little story, Pidgey is a boss.

20. Poytin

Poytin The Arby's Hipster DLP Supporter

So my Nuzlocke Squared of Gold is over.

Nuzlocke Squared Gold:

Vlad - Zubat - Level 20 - Pinsir did not want to stay caught during that contest and killed you.
    Sree - Raticate - Level 53 - Forretress blew you up.

GAME OVER! YOU HAVE WON! CELEBRATE YOUR VICTORY WITH THOSE WHO HAVE SURVIVED!

Seratin - Quagsire - Level 72 - You saw a rat. You made the Earthquake and it died.
    Mattsilver - Sudowoodo - Level 68 - You kicked Snorlax out of your way and threw rocks at Charizards.
    Oz - Snorlax - Level 68 - You relaxed and did nothing else.
    Vash - Xatu - Level 68 - Flew circles around Venusaur.
    Vira - Dragonite - Level 72 - You killed Lance and then just coasted through Red.
    ChaosGuy - Magneton - Level 68 - You thanked Blastoise for the rain. You then split Thunder and hit it and Espeon.